RadeonPro GTA 5 incompatibility

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Blackfyre, Apr 14, 2015.

1. jeckop

jeckop Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    today update

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Thanks, my home connection is down today and i'm posting with my tablet. :)

3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Steam updating the game now as I write this (haven't been on the game since yesterday), I shall report back in an hour or two of playing.

EDIT - Several Hours later:

Alright I just played the last few missions of the game, and according to steam it clocked in at 39 Hours (that's without doing any of the side missions, just the main missions to get the story out of the way, I haven't even touched online play yet, going to give it a try soon).

Anyway Update 3 for me was an improvement; contrary to what some people are reporting, this update made the game "look" better, and maintained the same performance for me personally anyway. The trees in the distance, the countryside areas, the islands in the distance all have better detail now and the FPS is exactly the same (give or take one or two FPS in some areas, nothing noticeable). Basically anything in the far horizen looks better for me with this update (I doubt it is placebo, but even if you don't believe me with the game looking better, well my FPS is the same, I didn't have the 20FPS drop reported above, not even 5FPS drop, but unlike the user who did complain from the FPS drop, I DO NOT use MSAA, so maybe for those using MSAA, FPS might become worse, but I cannot say for sure, I didn't test with it at 2x or 4x or whatever, because I didn't test before the update, so I wouldn't know if FPS got hurt after the update or not).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  4. goma

goma Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Nope... It works as in RadeonPro accepts the SweetFX Folder, but it doesn't work because 90% of the effects I tried do nothing... I think vibrancy was the only thing I got working from this with RadeonPro.

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I was wrong about the third update. I was experimenting with the Riva Tuner Statistics server, and I had it forgotten at a locked 45fps in the background :p

:facepalm:

7. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1

Hello, this didn't fixed my stuttering issues, with this settings the OSD says that the game run at 30fps, and the framerate is very choppy.

My problem is that if i chose to play in 1920x1080, the game force the game at 59HZ, and when i enable the in-game v-sync i have stuttering.

With MSI Afterburner OSD i see that the game (in 1920x1080) is running at 58.9 FPS, when i move the camera it going up a bit like 59.00/59.03... so the game stutter.

PLEASE, can you help me to fix this issue???

thank you!

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Close the RadeonPro profile, and run the game in borderless Window with the ingame vsync disabled.

9. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1

Not working with GTAV, it still runs at 59fps and the game stutter.
    BTW with borderless mode i lose 5-6 fps, so i wanna play in fullscreen mode @60HZ, but seems impossible... i don't know what to do :/

10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Use it like this.

You just need to go to the program settings, the Compatibility List selection, and make it look like this:
    [​IMG]

Then, make a profile for GTA V, and make the Tweaks tab look like this (if you have a 60hz monitor. Otherwise the formula is your_actuall_refresh*2).
    [​IMG]

Also in the Overdrive tab, make sure it is enabled and unlocked for all GPUs by selecting each one of them and pressing the "Apply Changes" button, like so:
    [​IMG]

For vsync to work from RadeonPro, in game Vsync must be set to off, and the game must run in fullscreen mode.

Finally, in the game in the mouse/keyboard input settings set the mouse to DirectInput. The setting does make a difference, as apparently the RawInput and Windows Input settings are weirdly connected to the framerate, and that might give you input stutter that would look like GPU stutter at points.

11. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    Ok, this method work for borderless mode, now the game go at 60FPS vsynced with no stutter, but like i said i lost 5-6 fps :/

The same method DONT work in fullscreen, when i switch in FullScreen the monitor change signal and the OSD of RadeonPro go a bit crazy, it go down to 110-119-120 fps and stutter, when in borderless (in the SAME situation) it go at 120 locked.

Any idea for fix this issue :/?

Thank you.

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Two different things. What I suggested with RadeonPro, is if the game is run in fullscreen mode. You have to have vsync turned off from within the game for this to work. For me here it works perfectly.

Also, I didn't understand what you said. If in borderless the game is locked on 120 (60), isn't that good? Isn't that what you want?

13. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    Yeah, i have the game in FullScreen @1920x1080, but the game say "59HZ" in the refresh rate.

I have turned off the ingame v-sync, but with your method i still have stutter, like i said the OSD go down the 120 (60fps) even if the game should run at least at 60FPS in that situation.

It's like the game rendering at 58.9 fps in FullScreen even if i force the v-sync with RadeonPro.

In borderless mode now i don't have stutter, but i lose 5-7fps globally.

Example: if i go in a scene when i have 62fps in FullScreen, in borderless i have 56 fps, so i go UNDER the 60fps and the game start stuttering.

For this game 5-7 fps of margin are essential for graphic tweeks, and i dont wanna lose them.

So i would play in FullScreen mode @1920x1080 with v-sync like i do with other games...

Just for clarity I have the latest Beta Driver and Windows 8.1.

Thank you :)

14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    GTA V seems to be stupid at 1080p res it has not 60hz avalaible in game settings, only 50 hz and 59 hz.

If you want to launch the game at 1080p in fullscreen without needing to set 59 hz again in in-game settings desktop settings needs to be at 1080p 59 hz NOT 60 hz.

To do that you must go to advanced monitor settings NOT in CCC but in monitor settings itself and force "59hz" as refresh rate from drop down list THEN you will have fullscreen at 1080p on GTA V launch.

It's a very strange hz limit cause i can use 60 hz in other res in game even 60 hz at 3200x1800.

15. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    Do you mean change the monitor refresh with Windows?
    I tried now, and when i chose the 1080p fullscreen resolution in GTAV, the monitor DONT change signal... but sadly the game still stutter :/

Seems like that if the game read the "59HZ" in the graphic menu, it render at 58.9fps, whatever thing you do.

With Windows at 59HZ i tried the ingame V-sync and didn't work, the RadeonPro method neither... at least in full screen, in borderless still works.

Really, it seems impossible to play at 60fps in fullscreen mode with this game :(

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Yes windows monitor refresh rate in advanced monitor settings.

You can change it from different places but the short way is via: right click on Desktop- screen resolution-advanced settings this will open monitor settings.

I don't remember exactly in wich tab is but there is a drop down menu where you can select refresh rate, select 59 hz.

This fix the GTA V bug to be unnable to launch it fullscreen.

If you have 59 hz at 1080p as GTA V will force us 60 fps is not a good fps count.

Use 59 hz on desktop and in-game disable also the V-sync.

Try limit fps to 59 also in radeon pro settings V-sync.

17. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    Yeah, i tried that, and with Radeon Pro v-sinc actived at 120HZ Display Refresh Rate, the game go well in borderless mode.
    When i change to FullScreen, even if the monitor DONT change signal and stay still at 59HZ, the game start stutter.

I tried to set or limit the HZ of RP to 59 too, ma it runs like 30ish fps with a lot of stutter, in borderless and fullscreen mode...

What can i do :/ ?

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    When that happens with RadeonPro, select the Fullscreen option within the game, and then quit the game.

The next time you start it from the RadeonPro profile (you have to put PlayGTA5.exe as a launcher, in the launcher tab of the profile in RadeonPro), the game will run in fullscreen with the 120 setting.

That's how I play it.

19. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    Tried now, it start directly in full screen, but i still have stuttering.

I really don't understand what is wrong with this game...

20. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    These are my exact RadeonPro settings:

Overdrive Tab:

[​IMG]

Tweaks Tab:

[​IMG]

These are my ingame settings:

Keyboard/Mouse:
    [​IMG]

Graphics 1:
    [​IMG]

Graphics 2:
    [​IMG]

Graphics 3:
    [​IMG]

The Advanced Graphics are on the OFF setting.

I have the game installed on my SSD, and I use Windows Defender as an Antivirus. I also use the SetTimerResolution service with the game, and Process Lasso.

It is VERY smooth like this.