Star Wars Force Awakens (New Trailer)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by N0sferatU, Apr 16, 2015.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Who was the guy at 1:11? He reminded me of Revan.

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Just hope they dont include something like Jar Jar Binks...i.e less cheese.

Love the ending! Harrison Ford what a legend!!! (and ofc Chewie).

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The inspiration for this one is obviously 4, 5 and 6. It's a good thing and so far no cheesy crap like ep1. I do agree though, Han does look out-of-place, perhaps this is partly to do with how slick chewie looks.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Koi
    Wookies are can age up too 200 years remember.

These new movies look like real sequels to the original trilogy and not that **** that came in ep 1 2 and 3.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015

5. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
  6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Nice trailer(- the annoying screaming of the audience), though I kind of hate how they don't take into the account the lore of the Old Republic. I mean the Sith, they have a history too, not just the Jedi. Same for the Republic and Empire conflict, but I guess they simply choose to ignore all that, which is a shame.

Nevertheless I'm excited for both movies and the SW games that will not doubt flourish again. :banana:

7. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I think I've read that they are planning on making a spinoff movie centered around a Bounty Hunter as well. Maybe that would focus more on the Old Republic...who knows. I think now that Disney owns SW they'll pump out the movies kinda like Marvel has.

8. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    The guy with the crossguard lightsaber is named Kylo Ren. Even all the new books and comics that have been released as the new canon don't reveal much about him, so I think the movie will be the " answer to the questions". But from all the notes in the books, I'm pretty sure that he is a Dark Jedi and not a Sith. But ey, can't know for sure till the movie is seen.

9. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Same here.

I grew up on this stuff as a kid. I was only 10 years old for The New Hope. I don't think I ever felt so overwhelmed watching it for the first time with mum and dad. Brings back some memories.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The real question thats on everybody's tongue though (trust me, the train ride home tonight was rife with murmurs of rumors and speculation)... will there be podracing?

And whatever happened to that Anakin Skylaker kid? You never see him and Darth Vader in the same room at the same time, which has also added fire to the rumor mill. My theory is that perhaps theres a trespass placed on one of them. Something to do with using force. Domestic violence.. nothing it solves..

Yodapop. A mix between a poor understanding of basic English and the spice girls.

Im also not sure which color lifesaver is my favourite either.

Those arent memories, the movie just plays out the same way each time because its pre-recorded. So what you're experiencing is called a "film".

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Who is Anakin Skylaker? Did I miss something there? I haven't been following the movie too much, since either it sucks and I'd get disappointed, or I did not know and get blown away :D

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hes the one with the bowl cut, the same kid that played "i see dead people" kid, Sith Sense i think the movie was called.

13. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Ummm....No

Haley Joel Osmont did not play the young Anakin.

Jake Lloyd did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Lloyd

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No you're right Drax, hes now the lead singer of that band Paramore. Got red hair now.

Thats Jesus. He was brought back a Sith lord.

15. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    They said they would make a minor side story movies in between the main "episode" movies. And Disney owns Marvel so even more reason to believe thats how they were going to do it even if they never said anything about side story movies.

16. robtorbay

robtorbay Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG LC 6800XT
    Stoked for this to release! God dam it looks so good....