Nvidia prices in Europe skyrocketing absurdly?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by HRose, Apr 13, 2015.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    The price of memory has also gone through the roof. So glad I bought the best at the time I put this gaming rig together, my 2700k and 780gtx are both running my games just fine although they are both heavily OCed.

2. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    The same thing has happened in the UK with my card. Was 470 now it's 520.

The reason is mainly down to the Witcher III game bundle.

They call it a "FREE" item on OCers lol.

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well it could be worse, you could live in Portugal were prices are higher than than in the rest of Europe!!!

For example i´ve paid 380€ for my MSI 970 a few months ago and right know the price is the same.

I guess the memory problem didn´t affect the 970 cards sales...

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's not really a memory "problem".... It's the way the card is designed to work. It's a "feature"...remember?

Being an NVidia product, and the way tech sites and magazines push NVidia products, did you really expect sales to decline?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

5. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    380's cheap. They go 410+ here

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  8. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Buy it from America, to avoid paying tax in EU.

9. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Lmao, are you paying shipping?

10. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Even with shipping with UPS/Fedex is cheaper then to buy in most EU countries.

11. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    No its not.

Besides I don't want to risk an expensive PC component by shipping it overseas and letting UPS or Fedex handle it, we all know how they handle packages.

12. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Yes it is.

And ive done it many times, was no problems what so ever.

13. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

14. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    It is the + version so comes with the backplate aswell as few other improvements but I don't think some companies are bothered about price matching. Scan.co.uk has the + version £30 higher at £319 than the standard ftw version.

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I have had 0 problems with FED EX and UPS.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Just for what it's worth, the last shipments I received were from within my country, and one from the neighbour country (Germany), and both shipments had damaged boxes but everything intact on the inside. It always looks catastrophic, and always worries me. I'm not sure I'd trust any logistics company too far.

I've checked and wanted to order hardware from Amazon before, for instance, and they do charge you taxes plus shipping, so I ended up saving very little to no money in that case. Maybe other shops do stuff differently. But hardware in that price range (like 980s for instance) definately is beyond the price range that normally does not require taxing, or simply is not looked after, where the area you're pretty fine to go without a fine if 'cought' by the authority is about €150.

What people do forget is that with buying at a store outside of the EU you void all your rights for 2 years of warrenty, which we have here. I'm not sure how things are taken care off in the US, but here there is coverage by law, which I think can be quite handy when argueing with a shop if your 700€ screen or 500€ GPU is broken or not working, or not.

Also, if you have to RMA for replacements, you might find yourself out of hardware for weeks, and probably over a month.

I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea, but there's quite some things to consider. And those are the ones why I won't be buying myself hardware when I go to Canada or maybe the US this summer.

17. WeSbO

WeSbO Guest

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    In france, the price of 970's hasn't moved that much (other components have though, like cpus, cases, ddr3 etc...) bought mine not long after release g1 gaming, it was 360€ (without any games) now it's 370€ with the witcher 3. So you could even say it's cheaper now ... lol

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 HDMI DP 2xDVI 4GB is up by 200SEK since launch just as an example. Here in Sweden we really notice that prices of all computer related components have gone up, CPUs in particular.

19. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
  20. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    In most (?) EU countries, the customs will hold an international package until you pay the taxes and handling fees which along with international shipping fees will likely push the price of the item above that which you would pay if you bought the same product locally. And you risk damage on the package from the longer shipping.