1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Runs great on 280X as well, surprisingly great. Around 70fps maxed just like in HH review here on Guru3D. Thats really close to 780 performance so i'm just happy with that.

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I you follow the threads reporting problems with GTA V they are from user using 290(X) in crossfire.

Single GPU seems to work fine.

I'm downloading the game with steam and in a few hours i will report if it works fine with my 290Xs in crossfire.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    People are reporting freezing/stuttering in both crossfire and SLI. I wound expect same from your system. Report when you can though, others will appreciate your feedback.

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Of course. :)

xx4L0Mxx posted here GTA V is getting an incorrect avalaible Vram memory value in his crossfire system.(higher than real)

We all know what an incorrect avalaible vram means in games from the Nvidia 970 example when system tries to use a snail vram (last 0.5 GB of 4) and use ram instead.

In our case this could lead to an incorrect use of our real vram expecting more than avalaible.

It's only a guess...

5. fullban

fullban Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GeForce 1080ti
    you can change the wrong amount of vram by creating a config file in the gtav install folder

and add this command to the file "-availablevidmem 4.0" if you have 4gb card or 3.0 for 3gb card etc.... then it shows correctly but makes no difference to performance.

look here https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202518358-Available-Command-Lines-for-GTAV-on-PC

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  7. fullban

fullban Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GeForce 1080ti
    yes I no but it works its from gta4

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Do you rely in a command used in GTA 4 for GTA 5?

Maybe the command works showing the value you set but internally use what it "see" directly....

9. xx4L0Mxx

xx4L0Mxx Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 970GTX 4G
    To be honest, it seems that it is a ridiculously good PC port for a change compared to most.

I know I posted earlier about the vram usage shown, but it doesn't appear to be detrimental in performance, if anything the opposite appears to be true. Whether I get a ctd after a few hours continual play remains to be seen.

2 x r9 290(x) seem to run the game so quickly in crossfire at my native TV resolution of 1080p that as stupid as it sounds , I really needed to start maxxing out settings to try and bring the frames per second down closer to the refresh rate of my TV because as I stated earlier, high/ultra settings at 1080p with my setup are hitting up to the 160 fps mark in places, with drops down into the 90's, with the very odd frame here and there down to about 48. These low drops are the cause of the stuttering.

Now, once I started really cranking the settings up with a VSR resolution of 2560x1440 and above, the frames per second were coming down to a constant 80-90 fps, far closer to the 60 fps refresh I wanted on the TV and instantly way less stuttering, in fact never ever dropped to less than 57 fps if I have vsync enabled and that was only for a split second.

So little stuttering in fact, I would call it a non issue now.

I reckon if you ever actually finish downloading the game sammarbella, lol, you will be able to play GTAV at 3200x1800 @ 60 fps easily. My non (x) r9 290's get 54-65 fps at this resolution and that's with msaax2 which I don't really think is needed at that resolution to be honest. Not stuttering at that resolution either.

10. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Still 2 hours to go with this s***** 10 Mbps connection! :(

I talked with my ISP today they promise me 300 Mbps fiber connection in some weeks.

I hope to finally play GTA V in a few hours when i will finish my night shift.

11. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    i wonder how it will perform with my i3 4160. so far most games i've tried play really well. either locked 60 or mostly 60 (99% of the time). with either maxed out settings or sometimes just shadows dropped a notch or two.. ran wolfenstein pretty much locked 60, evil dead pretty much stays 60 as long as i leave the bars on the screen.. and those games call for i7's i believe

12. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    anyone else getting weird crashes in this game, i just cant play it, when i start to enjoy it it will crash out .....

and some of the crashes have been amd dll crashes and d3d initialisation crashes/.

does not matter how low or how demanding the area is it will just crash.
    was in the garage santando`s or something like that, i was upgrading my car and bang crashed.

13. xx4L0Mxx

xx4L0Mxx Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 970GTX 4G
    Just downloaded a 325mb patch on steam. My Vram is now listed correctly.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    This is the most "boring" advice I can give, but it has worked for me in myriad titles. If you have any kind of overclocking you consider "stable", get it down a notch.

15. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Can someone with crossfire 7970ghz/280x and an i5 describe performance they've experienced. I'm really picky about the games I buy at full price but this one I might consider.

16. remoteman213

remoteman213 Member

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire R9 280X
    Pretty much perfect so far, getting a constant 60 with everything on max except extended shadow distance, high resolution shadows and extended draw distance (these settings pretty much tank the framerate for barely any visual benefit. They're also listed in a separate section to the main settings, so I guess they're only meant for top-of-the-line or future pcs). Also MSAA is off due to a current bug which causes artifacting in the bottom right corner on amd cards (the game still stays at 60fps with it on though).

Would recommend :)

17. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Thanks for the reply, sounds very promising. May I ask what resolution you're playing at?

18. remoteman213

remoteman213 Member

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire R9 280X
    Just 1080p for now. Waiting for 4k freesync and 390x ;)

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    So Am I. Its either I build a new system with 5820k or get a freesync 4k monitor with 390x.

Im so bummed i cant get this game right now.

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I finnally played a couple of hours and i face some annoying bugs like the imposibility to launch the game in fullscreen.

Even adding "-fullscreen" doesn't works always.

I had around 120 fps with maxed settings (ultra) at 1080 but it fall to 25-35 in 3200x1800 using VSR.

I also get memory wrong (?) VRAM usage values in AB/RivaTuner and this is not a fake (?) value in GTA V.

This game really need this patch and i guess a few more!

Who betatested this?

2 guys with a single 19' monitor one with Nvidia and the other with AMD?