Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    That setting is WAY too taxing for the benefit it offers. I have it turned off completely because it simply isn't worth it, I'm probably partly blind, but to me the difference is insignificant.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah, something like level 8-10 before the first plane appears and about 13 before the first helicopter.

Faster plane at 18 or so and I can't remember past there.

Eventually you get a cargobob and can pick up other peoples cars and at some point a buzzard attack chopper

3. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
  4. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Agreed. Even in a still I can hardly notice a difference. When running/driving/flying you would need some futuristic laser eyes to pick up on the detail difference! :)

Also, can anyone tell me why in the graphics options it seems to stack the VRAM allocation you can use when in SLI?

EDIT: It also seems as though each option has a x2 effect on the VRAM. So it might not be stacking as such, it is just the way the available VRAM and VRAM usage is displayed when using 2 cards.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

5. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    Nice, thanks. :)

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There is a Long Shadow option under Advanced Graphics options. I have enabled it but I am not sure exactly what it does. Maybe it enables shadows at a longer distance?

Also, has anyone noticed that even with all the settings maxed that there is a weird line where the shadows switch between high and lower quality? It's not too distracting but I would not expect to see that when all the shadow settings are maxed out.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Long Shadow distance if you check the xml settings file will change shadow LOD from 1.0 to 2.0 essentially doubling it's max draw distance but it does not (As far as I know.) increase the short LOD range where shadows start losing detail a short distance from the player.

Tried increasing some of the LOD distances further in that xml file and it caused the GPU to go "FUUU" or some such and shut down, no damage but I had to reset the PC. :p
    (I mean it's already using near max of my VRAM so pushing it higher was kinda stupid but you learn from your mistakes, heh.)

8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    A game isn't gonna damage your card Jonas. :D

Definitely oc your cpu Andreas, free performance there.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  9. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    Yeah, I notice it quite often. It seems way too close.

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Heh, now that I'm older and know better (a little bit at least.) I believe it was already on it's way out but many years ago when I had my 4970x2 I played Crysis a bit and the system just shut down, that GPU never worked again after that but like I said I believe it must have already been in poor shape and this was just a coincidence. :D

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I need to, i even bough a cooler but its been sitting on my desk for abotu 6 months now :D

Also im not ignoring you on social club lol :) i just havent had a proper gaming session yet. I can confirm i will shoot you in the face one one day! :D

12. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yeah the max draw distance option is pretty taxing for a result that isn that much visible

the thing is that it dosnt draw further than what you already see when it is set to 0, it simply load higher textures/shadow/reflection of that " already drawn distance in low quality "

for the shadow draw distance i though that it didnt work at first then, when i turned it on and left it, i noticed shadow of trees and fences for example casting directly on my character, and on cars too , its pretty nice

13. dshramek

dshramek Guest

More cpu power definitely useable in this game. I see activity across all 6(plus 6 virtual) cores.

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    haha rofl I laughed out when I read your shoot in the face stuff man. :D Proper out loud.

XD

Don't worry bro you'll get the chance, I will own you too. :D

Alright :) Just seemed like with so many online I was like WTF R U DOING, CMON!?!? Solfaur? Helloooo? Anyone responding me? Wanna do heists? :D ... No one seemed to be responding but solf did tell me the invites didn't work later on or something, that he tried to join.

Anyways, we should try again today, it's proper fun. :D

I'm kinda stuck on Elite Dangerous right now though with a joystick. :S

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yes but it still favors higher core clock. An 4790k at 4.5ghz will be pushing more than 5930k at 3.5ghz.

I recommend everyone who can overclock 'Just do it' :D

16. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Really wish people would stop giving this guy credit for these crap videos.

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    2 mins in cant see any real probs with this...???

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    He's not for everyone, but some of us value his opinion.
    He's far less cynical than he used to be.

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yep wouldnt class myself as a fan but saying his vids are crap is a bit harsh...oh well...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.