RadeonPro GTA 5 incompatibility

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Blackfyre, Apr 14, 2015.

1. admile5

admile5 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    Reshade SweetFX works fine, used it for SMAA, though i ended up sticking with in-game FXAA

2. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Anyone knows the appropriate place we can all go complain to Rockstar together on a thread in their forums and get RadeonPro working with the game? (Hopefully with the next update). As I'm pretty sure they've done it on purpose to block people from using RadeonPro (for whatever stupid reasoning).

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I actually don't believe that it is on purpose. If they would block something like that, it would be SweetFX/Reshade first. They are the most popular injectors.

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't think it was on purpose.

Any software without updates from 2 years will start to be obsolete at some point.

Rockstar can't do anything about.

As i said before AMD can push his close partner Raptr to integrate his employee work in RP in AMD Gaming Evolved to have a fantastic and up to date AMD tuning utility.
    T
    This could cost money and that's the main problem.

Of course i could be wrong....

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    AMD was helping John out with both coding and hardware support before he took the job at Raptr, so they are well aware of RPs status.

6. LosingTradition

LosingTradition Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7970 BE 3GB
    Look into Rivatuner Statistics Server, I am currently using it to limit fps in GTA V and it works great.

Look into Rivatuner Statistics Server, I am currently using it for GTA V to limit fps and it works great.

7. jeckop

jeckop Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    Ok, I found a way to fix Radeon pro for GTA V, you need to set these compatibility ticks:

[​IMG]
    free image upload

also use these settings and the game with crossfire at 3200x1800 should became very smooth:

[​IMG]
    invia immagini

[​IMG]
    hosting immagini

good luck :pc1::infinity:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  8. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    You genius!! I love you. Haha wow I just doubled my fps with my 7970!!! Actually more than doubled with the same settings in game. Went from 50fps to 120fps just by optimising the three optimisations (in the advanced section)....

PS: if it's lagging for you when you run the game, press the button that disabled sweet fx then enable it when you're in the game! Beauty!

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Which advanced settings?

10. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Okay so once you've added the game, and done what "jeckop" suggested above; only what is in the first image (which is the compatibility settings to get GTA working with RadeonPro), then proceed to do the following...

Go to the advanced section in RadeonPro, tick all five options on top (force triple buffering, anistropic optimization, trilinear optimization, enable surface format optimization, texture filtering quality)... then move both sliders to the far right (high quality), then texture LOD (I set it to -1.2), flip queue size set to 5...

In the next section the "tweak section"...

Tick Triple-Buffering (I also set vsycn control to always OFF)... at the bottom of this area, disable AERO, and force process high priority, tick all CPU cores (they should all be ticked by default anyway).

Then go to the OverDrive section - tick enable graphic overdrive, tick always use highest performance clocks while gaming (then set your current clocks, if you're not overclocking leave it on stock, apply changes). Warning: Obviously always stick to what you KNOW your card is capable of doing, do NOT over do it!

SweetFX, leave it empty for now, run the game and let us know YOUR FPS. Should be a massive improvement! enjoy!

11. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Regarding the above! It's a slight improvement in FPS, the RadeonPro fps counter was showing me DOUBLE the FPS. 120 was actually 60fps.

12. jeckop

jeckop Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    Yes fps counter is giving doubled values, anyway after the game load you can use msi afterburner that give right readings. Just Be sure not to start it before you load the game because it will crash Radeon pro.

13. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Why? I just use steam for all my steam games (for a while now it has an FPS counter). Wow with swear fx + RadeonPro, it's a whole new experience all over again. Looks amazing! Runs very smoothly.

14. jeckop

jeckop Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    I don't have the steam version of the game :)

15. vLaDDz

vLaDDz Guest

GPU:
    7970/3GB
    Hey dude, is SweetFX lagging the game? I mean dropping frames, if not can you PM me the preset you're using? Also do you get any better performance? I mean 5 + fps with the tweaks you made?

:/ RadeonPro isn't working still for me, did everything also reinstalled the program.

LE: Befoe i tried it GTA updated, maybe thats why.

16. jeckop

jeckop Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    Mine is working after the update

17. vLaDDz

vLaDDz Guest

GPU:
    7970/3GB

Hmm, the dude who has it on Steam and said it works before, is it still working after the update? I tried eveything!

LE: FIXED JUST HAD TO RUN IT AS ADMIN! BTW If you want better FPS turn of MSAA off in game and put SMAA on Ultra from RP, you get way better fps and its barely any difference. I used that for BF4, FC4 and the list goes on.

18. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Yep the frame ticker is double.
    60fps is giving me 30 in-game.

19. pabaroto

pabaroto Guest

GPU:
    R9
    more than 30FPS is a waste because the human eye can't see any more than that. And here is the probe:

20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2