Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I think i still have it on, will try that. Its not like its unplayable, but when it drops from 60 to 35-40 its annoying!

2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    For those wondering how GTA V scales on some outdated gaming hardware (AII X4 640 quad @ 3GHz, GTX 560Ti 1GB GDDR5, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB SATA2 7200rpm HDD...) here is my post from Hilbert's Grand Theft Auto V Graphics Performance Review
    Now some good news to Guru's with not that strong gaming rigs :)
    Didn't have enough time (work, work...) to download and fire up GTA V on any of my or kids gaming rigs so I've used one older gaming PC now mainly used as HTPC to download game via Steam (more than 1.5 days of download non-stop, Jesus!) and see how it performs on outdated hardware:

AMD Athlon II X4 640, 4x 3GHz
    4GB DDR3/1333
    MSI GTX 560Ti HAWK 1GB GDDR5 (GPU/mem=950/4200)
    Win7 Ultimate SP1 x64

With some old 33x.xx drivers game didn't run well, it was very choppy while driving so... DDU, latest 350.12 WHQL and it was completely different story :)

In 1600x900 with graphic details between Low to High game is running realy nice, average fps is between 45 and 50, and it consumes just a bit below 800MB of VRAM measured in MSI AB 4.1.0 (in settings menu game reports it will use 1022MB ov VRAM, but obviously game is wrong). And wit that Low/High detail level game still looks very decent :)

My bigest surprise is RAM consuming, watch this: game never goes above 4GB! Measured in MSI AB 4.1.0 game never uses more than 3980MB! That is some awesome work from Rockstar, thumbs up guys!

Now just to hide from my kids till this weekend a fact game is installed on that HTPC and still not yet on their Steam game list :D

edit
    Just a little update about other hardware on that old gaming rig I've tested GTA V, maybe it'll be interesting to those wondering how game performs running from good old (SATA2) HDD:
    mobo: MSI 770-C43, AMD770/SB710 chipset/SB
    HDD (GTA V is installed on that drive): Hitach 500GB, model: HDS721050CLA362, 16MB cache, 7200rpm, SATA2
    RAM: 2x 2GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR 1333, CL 9-9-9-24, 1.5V

edit #2
    Never did that before but I've heard that you can transfer (in my case via home LAN) all Steam game files from one PC to another. Both PC's are using running same Steam account, my own. It'll be much faster for me than downloading same Steam game files all over again via Steam, they are already downloaded on that HTPC. Thanks in advance!

3. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i didn't payed much attention to msi afterburner, the vram usage i said is reported in the game menu.
    definitely you ill see more fps, i think the 7970m is 15-30% faster then gtx 670m.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Imagine what its going to be like if and when that added gst for digital/online purchases gets passed.

Then again, if this sort of stuff is going to continue (making it harder to find a good deal), then ill just stop buying stuff. Not to change to torrenting, but its just another nail in the coffin for my interest in this hobby and as i dont enjoy gaming so much these days ( 2 hours at the most p/w ), i wont miss it. Same goes for TV series/movies.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 175W
    Yup i got the exact same issue, turning down grass to high did help.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 175W
    Weird, it runs worse on my 580 without SLI, i think it's cause of the lack of vram.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    UK paid £39.99. We would pay that even if the pound was 2:1 to USD. Then you look at your salaries in NZ vs USA and you'll quickly realise why they charged you that much :)

Your minimum wage is double of the USA minimum wage :) you got a deal.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The game is great but I'm not impressed with how it runs on my system.

I've not changed the recommended settings which were a mix of High and Very High with FXAA enabled at 1440p. I get somewhere between 70-90fps while driving but even though I got a G-sync monitor it feels "stuttery" when I turn the camera. When I'm indoors and I get 120fps it feels smooth though. Not sure what setting I must change but I guess I'll need to try playing at 1080p and see how it goes.

Edit - I got about the same stutter I had in FC4 when turning the camera.

Any tips?

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Try taking tesselation, AO and shadows down a notch. Also mess with advanced settings.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'll try this, thanks.

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Percentage wise something like Netflix is even more gouging:

UK £6.99
    USA £5.82
    Mexico £4.71
    Brazil £4.43
    Colombia £4.08

Prices are for the "Standard" HD option. Fortunately there are ways around that.

12. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Adaptiv v-sync half speed, forced through nvidia control panel. In your case it will Lock fps to 60, but it will feel butter smooth :)

I think the above is your only solution, because as far as higher framerates goes, you will be limited by your cpu, which you cant do much about.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sooo NZ/UK/AUS and other countries should be penalized for the issues with wages in the US?

Its not like publishers and Valve are doing US consumers a favor, they're doing it because they know they make up their losses outside of the US.

PM me if you want, I dont want bloat the thread with money problems:D

14. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    Gamesdeal.com gta5 £34

15. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    It's the same Rockstar activated version you can buy cheaper elsewhere.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Did you change the Mouse Input to ''DirectInput'' ? That fixed the stuttering for me. Also, G-Sync does a great job in this game.

17. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    I'm also having a FPS drops after few minutes of gameplay.. From stable synced 60FPS to 35-45FPS.. Any ideas?

18. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    [​IMG]
    It looks like there's very noticable difference in draw distance quality

http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2015/04/gtav/pics/gta5_1.jpg

http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2015/04/gtav/pics/gta5_2.jpg

Very high settings, vs High (ps4 settings ?)

It's imput lag issue. Try lowering prerendered frames, use Nv inspector for fps cap (no vsync), and also use hypermatrix/timer resolution program (it will reduce lag).

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    If anyone is being penalized, it's the UK, not NZ or AUS :) we have to work more to earn enough to buy GTA V. Then again, there's places where games cost 40 EUR and where people work on 380EUR / month. So even though we all think we have it bad, trust me, there's places out there that have it a lot worse.

20. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Try something just for testing, leave same settings you have but change only resolution from 1400p to 1200p..tell us your results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.