XFORMA MBX MKII Limited Edition PC Case

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    XFORMA announced that the MBX MKII Limited Edition case is in production and available to pre-order. A limited series of 250 MKII cases are offered for sale, and are being manufactured in cooperation ...

XFORMA MBX MKII Limited Edition PC Case

2. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    I assume this is just a modded TJ07?

3. EKRboi

EKRboi Guest

GPU:
    3x GTX970 / 3x AOC i2757
    I just can't fathom spending $1250+ on a PC case. I know it is a very nice case and limited edition..blah blah blah.. but ouch. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could because it is a beautiful case.

4. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    I couldn't fathom spending over $1000 on a specialty case that's just a modded TJ07. If I'm spending that much money, it better be custom from the ground up and not resemble another case.

5. BlaserR93

BlaserR93 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 Superclocked
    It is not just a modded TJ07. Take a close look at the changes they made, like custom pcb's and the whole cable management. I'm following this project closely from the beginning. Charles and his team did a great job. For me it's a piece of art and that's why I pre-ordered the case a while ago. :)

6. NuttyProcessor

NuttyProcessor Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    Ive seen this before.. Actually its a mod from Charles 'Murderbox' Harwood, a mod finished in 2013 seen on MDPC 044

http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/systems-2013/murderbox-mkii-gold/murderbox-mk2-gold.htm

And yes, it is/was one of the best mods on million dollar pc and still looks brilliant. Not sure why it is introduced as a new case tho, it mostly looks the same as the 2013 MBX MKII witch he started developing sice 2009 see MDPC 32 and 42. But hey, now you can buy that (stunning) design (for a rather steep premium price). When its rebuild bij Silverstone you wont get the same result as Charles would do it by himself i presume, so i wonder what the final product looks and feels like.. Review Hilbert?

Last thing. Im not sure why charles and team launched it under a different brand. Brandingwise Murderbox had already made a name for itself. Missed opportunity imho ;)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There's nothing about the case that makes it worth $1250.

8. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    I agree. While it does look great, and I have loved the Murderboxes, $1,250 is insane.

For $1,250 I'd expect a case that looks like no other on the market, and is built from scratch. Not something that someone is going to confuse for a modded TJ07 (which it is)

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    For $1250 I can have a case entirely custom made to fit my needs and have something that is literally "1 of a kind"....

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This.

This case is only another version of a bought case, because there will be another 250 people running their rigs in it. To me it may be limited in numbers, but certainly it's a factory produced case, and thus it just looks like custom.
    Also, for that money you can do wonders, if you've got ideas.

11. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix