1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That last part is true. I believe they lose a lot of good momentum for no reason, either because they take idiotic decisions (see VSR, which could be a marketing coup if they simply enabled it for EVERYTHING, since they can), either because they fail to communicate the good work they are doing.

At this time AMD has basically designed one of the new major APIs around their hardware (Vulkan), and have probably contributed enormously to the other one (DX12), which is already optimized for their architecture (because of the consoles).
    Their driver appears to be miles ahead of NVIDIA's in the new APIs too, which is to be expected.

NVIDIA plays the marketing game really nicely. See how they have places like Reddit (subreddits like PCMasterRace and /r/pcgaming) in their pocket, where jabs at AMD are every day occurence while celebrating the "open" nature of the PC.
    If NVIDIA was doing what AMD is doind right now with APIs and consoles, we would have Jen-Hsun Huang's face on an advertisement on the Moon. (Which you would need a telescope with an NVIDIA chipset in order to see). :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Seeing how badly optimized GTA IV is I don't have much faith right now.

4. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Max Payne 3 was fine. Like, completely fine. It seems that took a turn after that. We'll see.

5. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    GTA V has NOTHING to do with the broken nature of GTA IV. The last Rockstar PC game was Max Payne 3 and that is the basis of comparison. Max Payne 3 does not stutter, runs very well, and scales perfectly with CrossFire. Hell, if I remember correctly, AMD's 7970s were outperforming the 680s in this game.

Also, PrMinisterGr, the profile AMD included in 2013 was around the time the rumors of a PC release were abound on the Internet. Having a profile since 2013 is no indication of whether this profile is suitable for the current state the game will release in, even if they developed on a PC then scaled down the game and focused to release it on PS3 and 360.

IF the profile since 2013 makes CF work as good as Nvidia's game-ready GTA V driver SLi profile, then I will be pretty impressed.

You have to wonder why Nvidia had to release a new driver (profile) given the game developers seem to have been working with Nvidia closer than with AMD.

Either AMD have been ready for a year and a half, or they're not ready now.

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Max Payne is nothing like GTA.

7. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    Like I said, no driver for the release.. :)

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    7970's outperform 770s usually :D

If you actually see, the profile changes between driver releases. It is not "left" there since release. It won't be the state of the profile in 2013 that will work today, obviously.

Me too.

That's a good question.

Or they'll release a driver two days from now, and in between everybody will be having an apoplexy.

The attention that Rockstar was giving to PC ports was the great change with Max Payne 3. We are not comparing the engine/game.

9. razorbackdb

razorbackdb Member

GPU:
    AMD R7 260x 2GB
  10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB

11. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  12. SweetTeeth

SweetTeeth Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 295X2 Crossfire
    Beta driver 15.4 has been posted to AMD's website!

13. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
  14. Nevk992

Nevk992 Guest

GPU:
    7970x2/3G
  15. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
  17. Demrock

Demrock Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Boost 7950x2
    Running GTA 5 in High settings with 7950 with a constand 60 frames per second.

Disabled crossfire as i just cant stand the micro stuttering anymore tough :(

But a single 7950 is still kicking ass and if you are able to get trough all the loops and problems with the launcher the game is realy well optimised and runs smooth as butter.

Strangely its Nvidia 970 / 980 who are having far more issues if you check out reddit gtav :p

18. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
  19. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
  20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It runs great for me as well on a 290X :)