Watch_Dogs Beretta 92-FS Mod by The Silver

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by The Silver, Apr 10, 2015.

1. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Watch_Dogs Beretta 92-FS Mod by The Silver

Hi guys, I'm proud to present my Beretta 92-FS minimod, it's not a restored leftover model but it's completely new, it took me 3 full days of work but I've finally managed to edit an original weapon adding a custom 3D model, this along with my modified icons almost perfectly recreates the awesome 92-FS in the game just like in the E32012 trailer! :cool:

For the sake of variety, balance and realism I've also increased the magazine size to 15 bullets, since we already have pistols with 10 bullets per mag and 17 bullets per mag, and reduced the pistols max ammo count to 120 as it was in the E32012 trailer. If you prefer the vanilla weapon stats you can download the alternate version of the mod that doesn't include any stats alterations. ;)

Here are some screenshots:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Download Link: WD_92FS_Mod_by_The_Silver.rar

Alternate Versions:
    Custom Weapon Stats - Loose Files
    Vanilla Weapon Stats
    Vanilla Weapon Stats - Loose Files

PS: As you've surely noticed there's one last thing needed to make my mod perfect and complete, renaming the Px4 to 92-FS, sadly this seems to be currently impossible without more advanced modding tools, however if anyone knows how to change the displayed name of a weapon or even only have an idea please send me a PM, it would be the icing on the cake! :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Blade__ likes this.
  2. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Why would you replace the px4? The d50 is the newer version of the 92fs.
    And no you cannot rename it. ModAIC has been asking me that for some time.

In my opinion, you would be better off replacing the d50 because A. the d50 sounds exactly like the 92fs B. the px4 is used in other demos.

And i remember seeing a screenshot of this 2 days ago by Mod, i guess this is what he meant when he said 92fs is back.

3. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    look cool ! good work, and Thatguy is right, the D50 has the same sound , at least in focus mod, not sure about normal firing

4. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Make it into 1911 instead, D50 is just wrong. The 1911 is also called 92fs in weapon.lib so yeaaaah

5. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    lol just like ive been saying for the past 2 days

6. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Yes, just like we discussed. The Px4 is just pure cancer compared to the other pistols.

7. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Plus, the sound is all wrong. it doesnt fit the looks of the 92fs in any way

8. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah... And I was asking ModAiC about that... Well I'd still like to hear his reply though. :)

Yes, I've sent him a screenshot two days ago just to explain why I was asking how to rename weapons, still no reply since then aside of him asking me to give him all my files. :O

9. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    To me replacing the Px4 and not the 1911 (or D50) makes perfect sense because:

- It's replacing the new Beretta with the old Beretta, this makes more sense than having two berettas...
    - The Px4 is the standard pistol since the PS4 video, before that the standard pistol was the 92-FS, so the replace is perfectly logical
    - Removing the Normal 1911 (or D50) just to end with two Berettas and only the Silenced 1911 (or only the Gold D50) is simply dumb IMHO
    - It really doesn't matter what gun they called 92FS, there's no practical reason to base the decision on this
    - Calling the Px4 "cancer" and saying that the sound doesn't fit are simply personal tastes, and I tend to follow logic thoughts, gameplay balance, and personal tastes in this order

10. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Anyway ModAiC I'm waiting for your replies since wednesday, I don wanna rush you but I don't think it would take much time, also considering that you've been active here all the time anyway. :O

11. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    "It really doesn't matter what gun they called 92FS, there's no practical reason to base the decision on this"
    It gives clear indication of what WAS the 92fs and what IS now its replacement

12. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I think you missed this Silver, why ModAIC hasnt told you how to change the name.

13. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Yes, so? What if they called the SawnOff shotgun 92FS? Should I replace it based only of that?

He didn't answer me, whithout further explanations from him I can be sure only of that. Maybe he found a way, who knows?
    Anyway, why he haven't simply replied that he doesn't know how to do that? He just ignored all my help requests and only kept telling me to do what he wants basically...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  14. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    considering the 92fs file was a PISTOL, it makes perfect sense.

15. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    The sawed off model files are in the pistols folder. And the stats of the 1911 are different from the original 92FS stats. Also stats can be edited easily.

Anyway I can change my question with "Yes, so? What if they called the R33 92FS? Should I replace it based only of that?" that the result wound't change at all.

16. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    there are so many e3 files left blatantly in the game that are clearly named what they were, and now because there are so many other pistols, the fact that the 1911 was named 92fs doesnt matter?

17. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I'm not sayng that they haven't replaced the old 92FS with the 1911, I'm simply saying that they've clearly changed a lot of things (models stats etc) so now there's no practical reason to do something dumb based only on these 4 leftover letters.

I've also written many logical points that supports my choice, that explains why it's better to replace the Px4, please tell me wich of them is wrong and why? And also tell me what I gain by replacing the 1911 exactly.

18. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    It does higher damage, better fitting sound, and the ability to still have a px4 instead of the tired and old 1911. i dont understand why games still use that damn pistol,sure its reliable but its so damn overused.
    EDIT: and of course, more accurate stats.

19. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    So you want to replace the 1911 because you don't like it and because it have better stats than the standard pistol, as I said these are just your personal tastes, not logical thoughts.

20. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    But I have the 92fs stats, thats what I wanted to try out. I also wrote that I don't think its possible to change name and I also told you that I could show you everything I know in libs but you didnt want help with that. Christ