1. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AmpExtreme
    That´s what I think, although i hope witcher 3 to perform well too.

I´m very curious, if GTA runs in 5890x1080 with 60 fps on my rig.

Latest previews show, that it could happen, if AMD did their job with a proper CFX-profile.

If 2x980s manage 4k with 60 fps, it really should work with 2x290s and 2 Million pixels less.

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    According to the new requirements they released, a 7870 can do 4k@30 fps.

3. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    But with unknown LOD.

4. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It does say that the minimum for 4k@30 is a 7870.

On the other hand, these are some of the most reasonable system requirements I've seen, and on their announcement they specifically mention SLi and Crossfire as means to get more performance, so I guess that answers most people's questions about profiles at launch.

5. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    According to some gaming magazines (e.g. pcgh.de) the rockstar promotion-rigs had 2x980gtx and managed to run at quite stable 60 fps at 4k and high/ultra settings.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  6. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    BTW., according to nvidia germany, today, or tomorrow, there will be an optimized gta5 driver.

And according to http://www.pcgameshardware.de/GTA-5...C-219948/News/Treiber-Radeon-Geforce-1155925/

AMD "doesn´t know by now". "The request is pending".
    LOL

Something to throw in, AMDmatt?

and BTW²

GTA5 makes use of nvidia Shadowworks and txaa.

Things get cloudy again.

P.S.: And yeah, PR, i know, i´m talking unconfirmed bullsh**, you´re the only one, who´s allowed to critizise, and the source is untrustworthy, because you don´t know the mag.... please, reprieve me...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  7. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    I do not hope for AMD driver at the release day.. AMD drivers are very very late mess..

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Game developers+GameWorks "bundle" is not a good combo for us AMD GPU owners in general and specially for crossfire users, this is a fact from past experiences.

If a game has Gameworks it uses to work better on Nvidia and worst on AMD.

4 more days and we will see if the CF support existing right now in drivers is something more than a place holder.

A few days more (last April week?) will be needed for 15.4 drivers release to add support for FreeSync crossfire users and some additions to VSR implementation...or the lock of VSR modded solutions.

Then and only then we will see the truth behind the AMD PR comments.

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    According to Rockstar themselves the requirements are a 7870 for 4k@30.

Also, the AMD drivers have had a GTA V profile since 2013.

What the hell dudes. Let's wait, worry more for the Witcher than this.

10. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    People like to have a new Driver to play their new game,

Nvidia seems to always release a new driver when a new AAA game comes out

I wish AMD were more on the ball and did the same

11. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    Yeah, which has nothing to do with what i wrote, and does tell us nothing, because we don´t know if they used ultra or monochrome 2d settings.

I also hope, that it will run okay, but I have absolutely no reason to be overly positive, if i hear sth. like nvidia shadowworks and txaa and "best available performance" again. If it works like ****, it will also be the "best available performance".
    Why do i have to be positive?
    Where is the dying light CF solution?
    FC4 works like crap.
    Cities skylines has massive graphics corruptions on my 8790m.
    The last driver was overall a bad joke, with almost no benefit of any kind after a long long time.
    Sry, i know, that point of view is not popular here, but i even don´t think AMDmatt did add anything helpful in any way in the last few months.
    What some people seem to forget: That guy gets paid by AMD for posting here That´s what community managers do. They do PR.
    It gives a nice feeling to have some AMD-employee here, but he is in fact not allowed to tell us anything interesting.

I won´t shut up, just because you, PRMinisterGR, don´t like, when others critizise things.
    Tell me something, that really worked out properly in the last 6 months?

They should call their GPUs "Frostbite-accelerators", because, that´s in fact, what they are at the moment.

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X

i mostly play DAI Rright now, so im ok with that.

lol

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Your reply could be funny for some (?) but it's not related to the thread subject:

GTA V CF profile in AMD drivers.

An example of non related reply:

I use GeDoSato to play Dark Souls II (DX9) downsampled from 8K to 1080 at 30-45 fps in my CF 290X PC.

It's not related to GTA V CF profile in AMD drivers but it's still true.

Could AMD drivers do something like this in software, hardware, "VSR phase 25467" or magic downsampling mode in the future?

This is another example.

LOL

:)

14. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Sorry, I can't quite agree there. Sure, there's been a lot of criticism going on around here regarding VSR, which is alright given that there were incorrect statements made by AMD's PR that turned out to be very incorrect. But you also have to take the time to understand and see to reasons that AMD can not implement GeDoSaTo like software solutions. Here is why: there is a reason why GeDoSaTo works with DX9 only, because it is less intensive compared to DX10 and DX11. Imagine having 8K downsampling be available for DX10 only to have slideshow rendering and you would find people here complaining that why provide features that aren't even useable? I'd say stick to the solution that works for you for now, and since they did say they'll provide better support for VSR, take their word for it, for now.

And then we get people that're already whining over stuff that isn't released yet. If the game uses nvidia gameworks library and doesn't live up to expectations where performance is concerned while using AMD CrossFire, then there's not much AMD can do about it, because if the game was not made to cater CrossFire, AMD can't hold a gun to the developer's head and say implement it, can they? Far Cry 4 is no walk in the park for the green camp either. When you're buying an AMD card, you're buying it because of the price per performane it provides, while also accepting the fact subtley is that you're going to face compatibility and performance issues due to the fact that the competition has the developers on a leash and won't play fair.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    It was only an example of non related to discussion comment. :)

O f course 8K downsampling is only possible in a very few modern games and in DX9.

About DX11: GeDoSaTo last update add DX11 downsampling support for Pillars of Eternity i'm playing fine in 5K downsampled to 1080 with high FPS.

Other resolutions (ANY) are avalaible, i tried 8K but i was very low FPS only around 24 constant with some GPU OC.

This is caused by the lack of crossfire or sli support in Pillars of Eternity not GeDoSaTo problems.

16. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Sure, there are some games that can be played at really really high resolutions, but those are exceptions and can't be looked upon as examples. I can play TETRIS or PONG or Super Mario at 32K with software solutions but that doesn't mean I expect AMD nor nvidia to officially provide support for it like that.

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The lies about drivers future support are not caused by uninformed customers.

If they can't add support for games and advertise it i can understand and use this info for my next GPU purchase, if their GPU is not up to par i can understand.

What i can't understand and tolerate is force feed lies.

I didn't buy a "cheap" GPU to save some bucks, i bought 2 MSI 290x Lightning cards more expensive than Nvidia 780 or even some 780ti back when i bought it.

I didn't see the sticker "Best hardware, worst software" on them!

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Dark Souls II is not a Tetris game...It's a 2014 AAA game. :)

Nobody is asking AMD or Nvidia to guarantee 4K support at 60 FPS in all games. :D

19. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    There's really not much they can do when things are blocked off from the developer's side. I'm somewhat of an Indie modder. I mostly use RBDOOM3BFG to try and port mods over from the original DOOM 3. RBDOOM3BFG has native support for Soft Shadows, but it performs terrible on AMD hardware. A GTX 660 Ti is perfectly capable of delivering 120 FPS constant with Soft Shadows on whereas the HD 7970 at 1100/1700 MHz can barely keep a constant 50 frames. And I don't expect this to get fixed. Why? Because AMD has it in real bad for Indies and the implementation of the Soft Shadow feature is nvidia friendly to the core. There are so many other things that're out there that just aren't gonna work out as you would expect them to.

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I must agree with you and i wish to hear something like this from some AMD reps in place of PR "twists" and lies.

:)

Nvidia spend his money on game developers to gain GPU market in the software side to surpass their hardware lacks.

Good for them, it's a war and they win one way or the other.

Nobody is stopping AMD to do the same and spend money on game developers.

Maybe this could give us better games from developers getting money from both sides only to don't be GPU maker behind the other!

Like lobbies giving money to both sides to always win!

:D