Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will support DX12 and TressFX 3.0 (video)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    AMD sponsored games seem to work better than Nvidias so im not too worried about performance. Though i am concerned at how tressFX will look on the characters if they are the same cartoony looking things.

3. chuuey

chuuey Guest

Nice to hear, TressFX is great - but it would be nice to see it being implemented on every character/NPC. Since Tomb Raider I think only had Lara's hair TressFXed - and the rest of the characters looked out of place if it was enabled.

4. AcidIce

AcidIce New Member

GPU:
    Galax EXOC Black GTX 970
    Just the game I would like to test my new Galax 970 on, but if its anything like the past, then this game will only run properly on DX12 with the second generation of DX12 GFX :(

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Aye?:3eyes:

6. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Was about to say the same thing, haven't a clue what he's on about...

7. chuuey

chuuey Guest

I think he means that since it's one of the first titles to support DX12 - it could get shaky, and 970 doesn't support the full profile of DX12? Maybe xD

8. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Really really hope the graphics are next gen like and not some rehashed old engine badness. That's really the only thing I can fault human revolution on, is its graphics. The style and atmosphere where amazing but the low rez look didn't do it justice!

9. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    horse**** :puke2:

I ran Human Revolution on an HD4670 with medium settings. (Entry-level card from 2008) Everything was fine. A HD6970 would have had no problems at all(released 6 months before the game). And the card is still a beast! Eating Crysis for breakfast!

10. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Would be great to test on my rusty gtx 570 to see how is dx 12 doing.

11. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    As far as I know, the 970 supports DX12 fully. I played the first DX11 games fine back when I had a ATI 5850, so I still don't get what he means.

12. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Doesnt support dx12

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Nvidia claims they are going to support Fermi and up for DX12, the current driver doesn't have it -- but it's coming supposedly.

14. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Had me thinking there was a video of TressFX or Dx12 in action, I'm disappoint. :(

15. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Its odd, but when going through the list of who sponsered what game, the tendensy is clearly that AMD sponsered games has less technical / performance issues.

That might also be due to the Publishers they sponser though - ubisoft doesnt exactly do much to make nvidia look good.

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    JH Christ... from neo-noir work of art called Deus Ex to... pissfiltered Prototype meets Watchdogs

Oh well, plenty of great games out there.
    Just do not fuk up JC3 thx :)

17. 17seconds

17seconds Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+
    So is this going to be the first title where TressFX is exclusive to AMD only? Supposedly, TressFX has worked on all graphics cards in the past.

18. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    It's always wise to be leery of "supports DX12" verbiage...that's really just marketing. DirectX12 will fully support DX11/10/9/8/7, too...;) To run under DX12 a game need not support a single feature unique to DX12.

What will be interesting to look for are games which say *requires DX12* or better...;) Those games will include the features that make DX12 noticeable and distinguishable from all other DX releases gone before...multi-gpu & cpu support, especially. The good news is that Win7 is now the most widely used of all versions of Windows, and as Win10 will be a free upgrade to Win7/8 for an entire year past RTM, I expect Win10 to quickly become the most widely used version of Windows--so look for DX12-requiring games to emerge by the end of 2016 at the latest...! And for sure we'll get a sprinkling of them before then.

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    TressFX uses DirectCompute so there is no reason why it shouldn't work on Intel, nvidia or AMD.
    It is used in two games so far. Tomb Raider and Lichdom: Battlemage (v2).
    In TR it works as expected, while in L:BM it works like this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/261760/discussions/2/620700960748580422/#c620700960792940362

But why they went with DC? Are they going to port TressFX to OpenCL?

20. SirJamesDTech

SirJamesDTech Guest

GPU:
    2x Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB
    It's a nice thought, but it would destroy the framerate.
    I remember in Tomb Raider which had a good engine the FPS difference when just Lara's TressFX was on compared to off was staggering. Think about then if every NPC had that going on.