Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Gamestar played the Game on the RS event and they used FXAA and said it is very good. Tho i prefer TXAA, we'll see..

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    lol, what is this? the transition between CDRs and DVD.

Funny how we skipped the blu-ray for distribution of games due to the internet. Wonder what else will become redundant to the PC platform in the near future, Ubisoft perhaps?

3. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Reminds me of Half Life 2 GOTY. If I remember correctly that was 5 CDs. And that was when Steam was still pretty crap so installing through the CDs were more reliable and much much quicker.

Blu-rays aren't quite redundant yet for the PC. They make a great storage medium, I can back a few things up and store them away for safe keeping. Also comes in handy when you want to burn some videos for a blu-ray player. In our motorhome we had a DVD player and a couple hundred of DVDs we would carry around. Now we can condense that to a 50 or so.

One example I can think of is Hogan's Heroes. We wen't from 30DVDs down to 6 blu-rays.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  4. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    there has never really been a need for the average person to own a blu-ray drive on the pc either unless you really wanted to store something on the medium since most people watch movies on some other blu-ray player.

i actually only just got around to getting a blu-ray drive for my pc this xmas because i couldnt think of anything to tell my sister to get for me lol.

i really have no use for it, tho i likely would of got one sooner if games came on them. but it is sort of a catch 22 for the industry, people do not have blu-ray drives so they cant put games on the media, and if the games are not on the media there is less incentive to buy the blu-ray drive.

they are relatively cheap now and have been for awhile but even so, the need to go out and buy one when you have a working dvd drive is just not there.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    GTA 5 PC graphics options in full
    http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-pc-graphics-options-in-full/

Theres also an option for choosing DX version via the menu (can be seen in the screenshots). Look like the game is going to be locked to DX11 until windows 10?

Screenshots in link.
    Seems the game is vendor neutral going by the fact that all aa and soft shadows options are not limited to one or the other. There is is hope yet.

Edit: Wait, doesnt AMD use MFAA?

Imagine if the game was locked at 720p...:banana:

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Yup, it downloaded for about 3 hours but at least you can do something on the side and don't have to swap discs all the time.

7 discs is insane and makes you wonder why we're not in teh games-on-bluray age by now. About time.

Maybe it takes something like another Starwars Rebel Assault done on Bluray to get ppl to update.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I wouldnt say going to blu-ray would be an update. Multiple disks when you can have your games all digital and just one simple download that is always up to date, wheres a blu-ray based install is always going to need to connected ad download updates once the disk install is finished.

Not only that, but with disks you need to baby sit the install process to change disks when required and you cant pause the install process. A download i can just leave and come back to whenever.

What people need really update is their internet connection. Its not the fault of the rest of the world if you've chosen to live out in the middle of nowhere or your govt are tight arses.

9. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    The fact that GTA is neutral vendor is a very good thing;AMD doesn`t use MFAA,they will use only MSAA.DX option makes you think that when DX12 will be released maybe it will be like a update...

10. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Because barely anyone owns a bluray drive, cause barely anyone buys anything on disc anymore... most people simply download games, and stream series / movies... so releasing the game on a format maybe 2 % of people could run would be a baaaad business strategy.

Also think about this... when average joe builts his new computer, do you think he will want to use 50 $ on a bluray drive, or use that money on a better gpu / cpu? I can tell you that most people i know, who has recently built new computers, dont even have an optical drive in their computer.

11. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Not sure, if i am there should be some DocStrangeluv72 on it.

About Bluray drives in PCs:

Call me old fashioned, but i actually enjoy having a booklet, soundtrack and a shiny map of LosSantos in my hands on release day. I bought GTAV for 360 and PS4 already so i'm pretty stuffed with maps.

Or am i missing something? Do you get a map from Rockstar / Steam when you bought it as pure download version?

12. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    I don`t see you on Crew,not even on Hierarchy.

13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Then i'll happily rejoin soonish. :)

14. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I like that aswell, which is why i have bought a physical sample aswell :)

But honestly, the only reason i even have an optical drive, is cause i salvaged one from a friends dead computer, which he wasnt going to use :p

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oh Amd does use MSAA, thanks for clearing that up. As for DX, Im sure they said they holding off releasing so they could use DX12, or was that a rumor.

16. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I very much doubt thats true, although it would be nice :)

17. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Ah dude, that "rumour" was that guy over here that said he worked for Rockstar. He posted a lot of "rumours". Thank god Hilbert banned him. See people, that's how rumours get started.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ah, thanks. When i read it i barely gave it any acknowledgement, yet it seems to have stuck. Oh well.

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    If MS is playing it smart they advertise Win10 along with 20% more fps in GTA V ;)

20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    But that would be a complete lie since it doesn't support DX12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.