GTA V Starts to preload starting today

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You know, I think the release next week is actually gonna happen, e.g. not another delay. GTA V will be available for preload later today on PC for Steam and Rockstar Warehouse users, Rockstar has an...

GTA V Starts to preload starting today

2. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    Im not as excited as I thought I was going to be, even when I pre-loaded this last night maybe thats a sign I am getting to old (only 26 lol). But im glad the 59GB's only took about 2.5-3 hours at 6.6MB's maximum download speed.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ill get it during Sales when it's 75% off, just because it's 2 years old game already.

Sorry Rockstar can't pay full price for that.

4. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I feel disappointed in every single one of you who pre-ordered this.

5. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming

Unlike a lot of people, I have not played the game at all, and even if it is two years old(even though it has been updated for PC) I am perfectly fine paying full price for it. Since I did not get it at launch and have no experience with it other than the few videos I've seen on Youtube, it is a new game to me, and one I feel was worth pre ordering.

If I did play it before I would not have preorded it and would have waited for a sale as well.

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Hey I'm 26 as well and super excited for this, granted I never had it on consoles since I don't own any (though I played like ~5 hours total on a friend's PS4 in GTA5 online), so the game still feels pretty "fresh" to me.

Also, one can never be too old for gaming! :banana:

7. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    Haha Im in the same boat more or less, I watched a friend play online I never tried it out though, and I think the only reason why I am not excited anymore is because of the long wait for it to be updated and everything else for its PC release.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I think it was worth it, in the sense that I was VERY near to hitting the buy button on PS4 GTAV bundles more than once and I don't think it would have payed off in the end, since I would had to get a better TV as well etc. This friend of mine did this exact thing, he never had a console before, and only got the PS4 for GTAV (+new TV), the only game he owns. His PC is so crappy though (still running a 9600Pro! :D) so he doesn't care much about the PC version, but I bet he will drool when comes over and will see this game in all it's max setting glory at 1440p @ 60 FPS. :eyebrows:

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im an excited 43yr old :D

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    u are old :)

11. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    I will be a little envious myself since I still run 1080p but its very nice on 27 inches.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yup :( :D

oooohhh matron! :eek: :D

13. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    I can live with that.

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I played it on PS3 but got bored after the second heist. I'm only excited for the First person view. I played GTA 4 with the First Person mod and ENB and somehow, exploring and noticing the environment came to a new level but the car interiors sucked. I love First person open world games and I like to explore when it's at least fairly realistic. Maybe I'll get more involved in it this time and find renewed interest in the series.

What would be sweet is if it supported Occulus Rift but doubt that will ever happen.

15. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    [​IMG]

16. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Excited and 44 here. But who's countin'? ;)

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    *cries happy tears*

please be good..

18. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Why? I never played nor do I own any of the console versions of the game so it's a new game for me.

19. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    To those of you saying its a new game to you; are you saying you would be happy to pay full price for any old game as long as you hadn't played it before? Even if it were years old?

20. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What gives you guys the right to determine what we purchase? Not everyone shares an unrealistic point of view and to others maybe you're the one that looks like a moron.
    Feel free to give me an allowance and I'll spend your money the way you want me to.

Sick of people belittling others for their purchases, there's a lot of this crap going around with the boycott bandwagon which does more harm than good to the PC market.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015