Rainbow Six Siege Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Dec 5, 2014.

1. UltraRik

UltraRik Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA Geforce Cuda 520M
    I used to play Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 on my PS2 when i was a kid :D

2. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Downloading...:s3d:

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Not impressed with what ive seen so far. RIP R6.

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    They combined the gameplay of CS with destruction of environment. Not sure this is what the original R6 was about :p

6. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    This days that is a recipe for a HIT.

7. rivaltr

rivaltr Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    So far a very buggy release. Wouldn't expect less from Ubisoft. While pressing multiplayer get error + it ****s up my audio for some reason had to fully reboot. When i start Rainbow Six Siege audio = gone in Windows. Haven't had this with any other thing as i can remember. Ubisoft one of the biggest companies but failing each time what a shame to the gaming community imo!

8. chuuey

chuuey Guest

isn't this in Alpha stage? ^

9. rivaltr

rivaltr Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    It is but it shouldnt even be released in Alpha stage because its not even playable.

10. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    cant even adjust graphic settings.... dont really care much for the MP although I am looking forward to the SP campaign given from what I've seen from the closed alpha.

11. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Yeah, the games industry kills FPS games well and good. Just to name a few:

- BF3/4 & BF:BC3?
    - All the ones after MW2.

12. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Hello.
    I just install the Rainbow Six Siege alpha on my PC and I can't play it.
    There is missing options and also the main menu. Please help me,
    this is my pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    You sure you can just post pics from the alpha in public? I'd be careful.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I just got an email i'm invited, hoorah!

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    way to name a game that doesn't exist

17. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Predicting the future if you like...

As for this lame version of Rainbow, it's quite nice to play. Good update from counter strike.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Temporal Image "Enhancement"

20. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    OK, I have to vent a bit on this .... just watched a stream with one of the devs...

First off, there's still no mention of a single player campaign.. which by itself pretty much tells you this developer has no idea what kind of a franchise they lucked out and got control of and are just trying to cash in on the name brand.

My initial response when I see the gameplay footage with it's fake chatter (much like Division) and then hear this guy talking about "and hey, if you wanna try a different style, we have other operatives who...", is that I DON'T GIVE A **** about this whole multiplayer, organized decision-making dynamic they are trying to shove down our throats. It's a fabricated scenario that only happens because you freakin' scripted it to.

I have absolutely no desire to call up 3 or 4 buddies and do what I see them doing in this footage, be it against bots or other humans. And I know for damn sure, it ain't happening with random players I don't care about.

But my problem is... I desperately want to play a new Rainbow Six game. I grew up playing this franchise.

So I decide to continue listening to this "interview", even if I have to mute it everytime either of the 2 idiots asking questions open their mouths and ask what Ubisoft obviously told them to ask.

And this is where I lost it....

"Andrew" something, who stated he was actually the "game designer" apparently, was talking about 1 of the other maps that you can play on, and he mentioned the name of it, "a facility based in 'Heerfurt' - which is the training base of Rainbow Six".

Not Hereford, one of the most famous real world historical SAS & RAF military bases and training installations in all of England, as well as the secret training location of the Rainbow team in the novel by Tom Clancy.

But Heerfurt. That is what he said...

I mean, are you freakin kidding me? And "Rainbow 6" refers to the leader, as in John Clark, Ding Chavez, etc. The team is just called Rainbow, you moron.

It's clear this game looks to be much closer to what SWAT should have been remade as, definitely not Rainbow 6. There is just no... content thus far. Nothing in what we are watching lets us know that this is a game set in the famous franchise based on the great novel by Tom Clancy. I mean, unless they are, for some unknown reason, holding out on announcing a campaign mode because E3.... and btw you'd think it'd make some sense to NOT hire Oscar-nominated actress Angela Basset for some what?? loading screen voice overs? What else can she be there for?... unless they announce something further, I really just don't see anything to like about this game. This game mode, actually.

ok. /rant