Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, May 3, 2012.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Only says 720p, not 720p 60fps.

2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Oh, you need to go to the youtube page, there it's 60fps. Embedded it only displays 720p.

edit: Guys check it out on youtube damn it looks good, 60fps is quite amazing. o,O

Home now and it works fine. :) :D

I'll definitely upload some AvA dungeons etc for you if I can, 60fps. :) I'll try 1080p next time.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  3. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Yeah, it can run @ 60 FPS in overland areas or dungeons with your system. Cities and 200 person AvA fights will lag any PC since it becomes CPU bound in those scenarios... you should still stay at or above 30 even in those situations with your overclock.

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah I know we'll see how it goes, in cpu bound scenarios AvA and stuff it usually dips to 40-50 and stuff.. we'll see.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015

5. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

I barely escaped and set my self on a stone, hidden, with a massive amount of enemies on my screen. Tbh I was a bit scared. :D

Holocron likes this.
  6. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Got invited to the free weekend. Downloading now but I doubt it'll be any better than WoW.

7. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Well it's a fair bit different than WoW, so I'd suggest entering into it without any pre-conceived notions. It's a bit of a mix of TES series and (insert name here) 3 faction PvP on a huge scale (closest to DAoC of anything since then). I hope you enjoy your free weekend.... don't be shy about asking questions in game, most of the community is decent enough to point you in the right direction. :)

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Personally I hate these flash videos. I have flash set to click to play and it doesn't even work on, say mobile firefox or windows phones. I really don't know why force flash player on forums... Also I have no idea why all those youtube videos on Guru3d.com lack fullscreen option (allowfullscreen attribute).

What I would do:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function yt(url) {

var regExp = /^.*(youtu.be\/|v\/|u\/\w\/|embed\/|watch\?v=|\&v=)([^#\&\?]*).*/;
    var match = url.match(regExp);

var iframe = document.createElement('iframe');
        iframe.src = "//www.youtube.com/embed/"+match[2];

iframe.setAttribute("allowfullscreen", "");
    /*Or what ever settings, css class names you want to add. It's possible to even make it nice an responsive (needs wrapper element though).*/
        iframe.width = "800";
        iframe.height = "450";
        iframe.style.margin = "0 auto";
        iframe.style.display = "block";
        iframe.style.border = "none";

var thisScript = document.scripts[document.scripts.length - 1];
        var parent = thisScript.parentElement;
        parent.insertBefore(iframe, thisScript.nextSibling);
    }

</script>

^^Include that script on forums. How to use:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    yt("youtubeurl");
    </script>

Or you could tweak the script so that you need to give id only. Surely vbulletin can validate url/input in tags?

I hate flash with passion, especially when HTML5 youtube player works great. Flash videos are incredibly laggy on Firefox.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  9. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Any vampires here?

10. robtorbay

robtorbay Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG LC 6800XT
    Sup everyone? I am looking for a replacement MMO for WoW. I played the free weekend of ESO last weekend and it seemed pretty fun. a few people said that the end game is pretty bad though? Can I get some feedback on what to expect?

Thanks!

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Endgame would be group dungeons and PvP via Cyrodiil neither of which I've actually attempted yet as I only just got started with Veteran ranks and Champion points.

I did attempt a group dungeon solo though but as with the public dungeons the sheer amount of mobs makes it near impossible plus the group ones scale to your / the group leaders level so unless you have a lower level group leader they'll always be a challenge.
    (Awesome rewards though from what I've heard but randomized so you might have to go through the more challenging ones several times, nothing new for a MMO I suppose.)

12. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    End game currently consists of PvP (Alliance vs Alliance vs Alliance) on a large scale, although you certainly can roam solo or in small groups if you wish (the map is beyond huge). There are also Group Dungeons, 16 of them, with about half or so of them having an additional Veteran version with much tougher mobs and bosses and an expanded story based on the end of the normal dungeon's story. There is Craglorn, a zone designed for groups of 4 to quest and explore (it's a mixed bag though since you have to pretty much be on the exact same stage of the quests with the entire party - so it's hard to PUG it for that reason). Finally there are 3 Trials, which are 12 man "raids" with tough content and sweet loot. As well as Dragonstar Arena, a gladiator style instance with 10 progressively harder stages to try to conquer. This has some of the best loot in the game and even on Normal Mode will kick most people's arse... then there's Veteran DSA which is even harder (have yet to try it myself).

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well spank me silly, I just started playing again and I'm enjoying it so far! Really decent, only lvl 7, but I went with a different class (DK) and I much prefer this to Night Blade. Off to play some more.

14. Nivium

Nivium Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290X/4GB
    The key that I have found to really loving any game is finding a good guild. When you have people that make it awesome, the game is awesome. In wow it was like that for me. I had a great guild and my friend wanted me to switch servers so I did. He quit, and I didn't want to pay for a server switch. From that point on it wasn't the same without a guild. Find a tight guild and it makes the game a lot better!

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

16. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Aye, Orsinium is looking (at first and second glance) to be the PvE oriented DLC that we have been wanting for the past year +++ now. I'm quite looking forward to it.

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I think my ESO Plus has already expired, i might check it out later.

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Changelog:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Continued.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015