Geforce GTX Titan X thread.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I dont know man, once you get your stuff under water I reckon you will get on there. Which cpu did you buy for x99?

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    5930K, because I wanted the option to a. use x16/x16 for my SLI (not necessary, I know) but also to add a third card should it pay off, and possibly a PCIe SSD down the road if the prices drop till 2017ish. Not the best decision too, but at least I don't think I'll regret that one :D

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Its good enough and tbh after myself using a 4930k which is great i think next time i buy a cpu i may just go back to a quad as they usually clock much higher and that is better for gaming. We will see when dx12 comes.

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    That's it I am throwing my rad into a ice water bucket
    If I don't hit 1590 I am going to be pissed :wanker:

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    That's true, until games finally make use of more than 4 cores effectively. Dx12 will, if only, reduce the need for a good CPU compared to a top notch GPU like the TX and possibly the 390X
    The single thing I need to remember is: Where I come from is far behind, the gains (both technically and felt) will be 'über' anyway :D

You can do it! Bench that son of a b*tch! :banana:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
  7. Mydog

Mydog Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X SLI
  8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I have just an aio I did put it in a cooler with ice once it got down in temps to 14c it never went above 41c lol
    got me a step or two in clocks but I never did it before os it was different......got screens somewhere

Vet
    damn I cant even break 19k or 10k x very close but not enough.
    on a different bios I am trying back to say the efficiency of my org. bios
    but not high clocks

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Cowie have you tried the Cyclops 1.31v bios?

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yes up down and sideways
    high clocks but low scores for me

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Sounds stupid to bring it up again, but are internal clocks synced with Cyclops's bios?
    Also I've read that sometimes higher clocks get lower scores as you get closer to the end of the GPUs and especially the RAMs capabilities... quite often with 970/980 core clocks seem to go well but VRAM does not always like higher RAM clocks. Maybe it's similar with the TX?
    Just brainstorming.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I reckon its Cowies Vrm/Mosfets that are letting him down. If he is only cooling the GM200 chip only with an AIO cooler then not cooling the mosfets are the bottleneck. They are getting way too hot to cope with the increased voltage whereas the GM200 chip is fine with the increased voltage because of the AIO attached to it. Thats the problem right there i would say. ;)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  13. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Could be a big shout! Though I would have thought cowie would have a fan or two trained on those components

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    You are both right but I could not find the part "A" of the thermal glue and the sticky pads fall off since the sinks are copper.The the fan noise is killing me
    I am not doing a vivi and put a pot on the vrm's but I am taking care of it...it has to get done.

This ss I just took now the ice block I put on its finished 12c to 40c were the temps of the day.
    in the evil bench it was not bad temp wise

I have to get out more and this bench does the nudge to go outside and play:bang:

[​IMG]

Kinda ghetto even for me thou not like its in a common area but still even time I see the cooler I think there is beer

15. Mydog

Mydog Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X SLI
    Hook in my water-cooler in the GPU-loop today but it doesn't seem to help on this Titan X, water temp 8C :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    Wowww! Congrats! :eek3: :D

Default GPU (1st attempt) is different speeds to other default GPU (2nd attempt) running GPU-z!??? Only single Titan X!? But seems GPU-z is wrong...

17. Mydog

Mydog Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X SLI
    Different bioses and there's some bug with GPUz on core and boost speed, I only put it up there for memory speed. Core speed is shown correct in PX

18. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    Ok but attention unofficial BIOS may void warranty.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    If your water is chilled then its not the temps its the fact that we need more power. Id happily push mine to 1.35v for 24/7 use if it was possible.

20. Mydog

Mydog Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X SLI
    So does putting on a third party cooler like a full cover block from EK but who cares :smoke:

Unless I go subzero the temps are fine with my setup, picking up a second one tomorrow + water block which I hope has higher asic than my first(68.2%)