HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    It's possible that it isn't possible. After testing all DX9 flags in DX9 mode and all DXGI flags in DX11 mode and none work it's possible it's impossible. :/

I'd really love to use HBAO+ with FFXIV with Transparent Lighting Quality "High" but it seems a recent driver update from Nvidia or something broke it for example.
    Numerous other flags show result, but it's the same as 1F where it needs Transparent Lighting Quality "Normal" which is lower quality.

2. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I'm sorry for being so abrupt then :O
    I have no experience with ESO, but since it is running on a modified version of the HeroEngine used in SW: The Old Republic, you might want to give "0x0000002B" a shot in DX9 mode.

3. Kleio

Kleio Guest

GPU:
    Evga gtx 780
    Ive tried a bunch of flags to get hbao+ working in star trek online idk if its possible as ive had trouble trying to inject a better ssao of any form into it and cant get that working either(reshade,gemfx, reshade doesnt detect it as being online). The in game ssao is god awful its super noise and i think uses something like 16 samples at half res and looks super dark in some areas ive taken a look at the shader before cant remember the tool i used to decompress the file but even the last dev to work on it stated that it was messed up and they were gonna leave it till they had time to fix it.It has no blur pass to get rid of the noise being generated why would someone do that.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Btw

DMC4 custom Dx10 flag (TitanFall) is not optimal by godrays. Cryostasis is better..

This TitanFall flag has the same see through bleeding like default DMC4, ok this default is even stronger

0x00090000 (Devil May Cry 4(DX10)
    [​IMG]

0x00080000 (Cryostasis)
    [​IMG]

Tried 3-4 more and all other didnt have any fps impact, only TitanFall or this custom Cryostasis had it, just like default DMC4 or RE5 - but this one flickered.

e.g 0x00130000 (F1 2014), 0x00140000 (Lords of the Fallen), 0x00150000 (Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth)

check gpu power (1st % number) and fps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Could you please make ingame screenshot comparisons of "No AO", "0x00080000" and "0x00110000"?
    Are you sure the Cryostasis flag actually applies an AO effect?

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I can't tell with "recommended" TitanFall or DMC4 either, until I see this jungle part with godrays and mist..
    Cryostasis acts the same as TF, DMC4 flag, same power usage and fps..

Well the game has few Jungle parts, but Im not there yet.:)

7. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Well, you can have a performance hit and increase in GPU/VRAM usage without an actual AO effect ;)

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I tested 4 other AO flags but all acted the same, 100fps faster and lower TDP by all,

The one who tested TitanFall flag didnt put jungle examples, so its not really 100% accurate.

EDIT: ok just tested Cryostasis and there is no effect in mainmenu, my bad.. But shame TitanFall bleeds so bad in jungle.

TitanFall flag
    [​IMG]

Cryostasis
    [​IMG]

Crysis3 works too, slightly darker, but jungle probably same effect
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  9. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Life Is Strange? UE3.

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    It is UE3. You'll have to experiement.

OK. SO. I did some more testing with Final Fantasy XIV and 0x0000102B. Using the character creator benchmark, with the FIRST available driver for the 980, 344.11. It still doesn't work at all.

And trying to use it with "Transparent Lighting Quality:Normal" Results in the program just crashing.

The effect visible now isn't the hair outline, but rather the same as 1F with TLQ:High, except much worse!
    [​IMG]

Which leads me to believe that either this is a hardware problem with the 980, and or Nvidia ****ed something up in the driver with an "Optimization" before the 980 was released. However, starting at 347.09 for example, the outline effect is still produced. This was before they made a new profile for the game and added a DX11 .EXE.

As well, one of the only scant new features in the DX11 client is stronger SSAO that has bigger coverage. But no where have they said they are using HBAO+. And considering this affects the CCBenchmark and the retail game. (The Bench is a static build. Suggesting a hardware or driver problem)

Would anyone else who has a non 9XX card (And someone else who does have a 9xx card )download the benchmark and give it a shot?
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/index.html

The settings are all set to max, with FXAA disabled, Transparent Lighting Quality High,HDR enabled, SSAO disabled,etc.

Updating back to the latest 347.88 driver. It crashes on TRSL:Normal as well after trying to load anything. Only in the benchmark though. On TRSL:High, now I can't even get the outline effect. Either no effect or a performance drop.

How strange

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Can you download saves from the internet for this game? For example one with finished file where you can select the mission? And then you can check the jungle more easily.

http://www.savegames.us/2014/10/devil-may-cry-4-pc-save-game-100.html

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Also: Strangely the newest driver added a flag for Project CARS. Which I thought was supposed to have native support?? Weird.

13. KoKlusz

KoKlusz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12 GB
    Maybe it will be added later via patch like Titanfall?

Or, won't be added at all, like tessellation in AC: Unity.

14. Gitaroo

Gitaroo Member

GPU:
    Geforce 670/2 gigs
    anyone tried RE5 gold edition? For some reason non of the MT frame work engine works for me beside Revelation 1.

15. Rigbaby

Rigbaby Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660ti 2GB
    Has anyone discovered a flag for Dead or Alive 5: Final Round?

16. Prime

Prime Guest

GPU:
    GTX570 1.25GB
    I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong here, but the listed flag for Assassin's Creed 1 doesn't seem to work for me at all. I tried 0x00060019 with both the DX9 and 10 executables and even took screenshots, opened them in tabs and flipped between them and they're pixel identical. Changing the flag to 22 (mentioned as buggy in the same post) however does clearly work but applies an overly heavy effect, so it's not as if I'm just inept at using Inspector.

17. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I believe "0x00000019" is very subtle in the DX9 modes of the older AC games.
    This also means, that it might not apply an AO effect in all scenes of the game(s).

Personally I think "0x00000022" is the way to go, despite the minor bleeding issues here and there ;)
    Unless of course you could find an alternative flag without bleeding?

18. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Is there any difference when using "high quality" hbao+ versus just "quality"?

19. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Yes there is,best to test it on your games ofc..

20. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    This is simply not true :)
    Driver HBAO+ is currently only implemented for the "Performance" and "Quality" settings.
    "High Quality" will behave the same as "Quality" with the current drivers.