Geforce GTX Titan X thread.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Add the VDDC Generic detection to 1 as seen here. The path is C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Profiles.

[​IMG]
    Find the .txt file and add the line which will recognise the Titan X. Unwinder is working on a new update for the TX.

2. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Im very surprised how well these cards are overclocking, my old Titan blacks where terrible when it came to overclocking, even with modded bios and watercooled.

Very happy with titan x so far, cant wait to get them on water and push more!

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yeah afaik the 780 uses the same setup, titan might have more chokes etc, but 780 should be fine..

Upload your stock bios if you want me to give you 1,21v with no fluctuations.. up to 1.24~ish is fine for air, no more than that. There's a lot to tweak in the bios if you want it to be stable

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    kudos to the bios guys Cyclops and others but....I tell ya.
    the bios I made scores way better in benches at lower clocks don't ask me why?
    I mean i was floating around 1500 1.27v real and the scores are the same if not better then the other bios I have tried that I could run 1560+.....don't get me wrong running 1560 is pretty cool but to me its all about the scores not so much the high clocks.
    I have been going through it all night the only thing I can think of is maybe the ram timings or something?
    And not for nothing but I cant get a bios I mucked with to stay stable over 1.35v or it will black screen sorta like ovp/ocp kicking in?
    I just want to get my bios bench stable at 1600 cold I would be happi with that.
    I am going to try today I think

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Caseking shouldn't bother about TitanXs, but take care of the order I placed for my bitspower stuff two weeks ago... my order surpasses the cost of a single TitanX! :mad:
    (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Maybe it has to do with internal clocks I read about in the overclock.net BIOS thread. Different vendors use different internal clocks although they get matching core clocks, but the performance may differ between say an EVGA and an Asus card both at 1500MHz core (at least for the 970/980 that is).

See this post from Zoson here, and somehow he sounds reasonable:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1517316/...ons-h2o-and-air-custom-bios/250#post_23049300

[edit] Don't bash me please if it's nonsense, I just happen to read it yesterday during my research and thought of it now you described your situation.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    jajaja I don't bash anyone who does not deserve it...... oh I have read that....I guess I don't know he might be right but I don't really see where he explains it.
    my comprehension skills are all sorts of messed up right now with lack of sleep and no weed soooo I will just keep trying different things

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    A few pages before this one he actually notes somewhere that the internal clocks can indeed be tweaked or toyed with, but I'm not sure I understood correctly, as well as if he went into detail anyway. I'm also not aware if it does really make that much of a difference in total performance, I still guess 13Mhz core increase gives you more fps for instance than better internal clocks at same frequency.

Also I got the feeling that Maxwell likes a decent memory overclock too, more than overly rough oc'ed core clock. But I may be wrong as I haven't toyed with it myself.

9. Mydog

Mydog Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X SLI
    Care to share your bios?

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I don't even want to use my bios I dought anyone else does
    I am on the Cyclops bios atm

had the card on dice was ok like 1640ish just fussing about heaven bench 1600 3d11 1625 in fire strike ???? I would not know I did not try

below -25ish I had slow cold issues at times but I can deal with. it...just let it warm up some and a 3d only full voltage bios wink wink wink :3eyes:
    nothing great score wise but I had a bag of weed :nerd: and besides what I mentioned the card behaved ok
    I did not cover the vrm area this time but had a vortec 2million cfm fan on it in a chilly room

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

had better days with catzilla but it was a start the 1 screen shot I took all day
    [​IMG]
    50k is still far away

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Is it allowed in NJ to bench under the effects of weed? :D
    That may sound like a stupid question, but what voltages does the Titan get, and does the Cyclops BIOS add more to it? Or are they basically 'locked' to 1.3v too like the 970s and 980s I think?

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Insane stuff cowie.
    Fantas....the bios I'm using is running at 1.31v, I checked the corsair link and at full load my pc is pulling 550w so my bios os pulling around 450w I reckon. There is another bios which claims to pull around 600w which is sheysters bios.
    However I'm done at 1590, ain't gonna get much more, cowie has extreme cooling and he's at 1789 ish so as you can see with my cooling ive kinda hit my max which I'm happy with.

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    no vet those are not real clocks at all I posted real clock at least I think they are +50 - 80+ on the core just like I thought,don't think -30c is going to get you 1780 with 1.30v lol I wish.....and you 1590??? you sob lol if I had 1590 to bench with I would have put the cpu on dice :)

Not only allowed but encouraged....I was only joking about that Fantas

As I read it my stock sc card was
    .89v 2d
    1.03v lp 3d
    1.20v 3d to --1.293 +100mv with software
    Cyclops bios
    .89v2d
    1.068v lp3d
    1.304v no need for slider
    Read with my dmm of coarse
    I just use some putty to place a read wire on the point with no solder.
    speaking of which I did not even do the power sence mod so you my hand is not good yet for the iron
    Every full time 3d bios I am making is not stable and cs is really killing the scores on most runs. say that cat run.....normally on start of the bench 490-500 fps,but with cold slow the clocks will go to 405-1050-405 -1260 then 1630 for the rest of the run that 10 seconds really hits you......and yes I see the frames jump at each clock.
    so I have some things to play with.
    Just saying over all I feel more safe playing with this card over the first titan I will be happi with 1.40-1.45v to bench with

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Wow, that's lovely... I hope to get close to 1650 with my cards, as I'm not yet certain the Strix 980s allow much more than 1.21 to be applied anyway. There's a workaround on them but it looks like it needs to be applied each boot (probably by autorun).

So I was wondering how the Titan's features compare to the 980s, besides simple core count and memory (and vram bandwidth). So it looks like TX users are allowed to apply more voltage, if your stock bios takes 1.3v (or probably the same as mod BIOSs of the 980s can go to 1.275 at least).

Because if I build my rig and can't get a decent OC out of my 980 SLI I might as well see if I can resell them, and joind the ranks of the Big Daddies, or at least the gimped ones (980Ti), but that's still in the future.

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I don't mean to put a cloud over your rainbow Fantas but 1550ish would be a good clock with just software voltage to 1.29 real on that 980 air...its around the same limits when it comes to voltage Tx-980 then you bring in the power draw dynamic clock factor

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well my cards technically are on water, so I hope to get past 1600 more or less, but yeah, 1550 is what I figured to be a pretty good oc on air anyway. Sadly I didn't check ASIC on my cards as I had it assambled once already, which would help me make a more or less educated guess on where to get.

Also, I know that the dynamics and boost mode don't guarantee such OCs anyway, could end up +/- 50 or even more, depending on load and game.

And sorry to dump all that 980 talk in your TX thread but I'm trying to compare the two, and find out the advantages of the TX :)

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Hi Guys.
    I had couple of hours spare today as im off work at the moment. I clocked my cpu to 4.9ghz (quick and dirty) and Gpu to 1590mhz(with boost) /500mhz+ memory.

Ran Firestrike and considering im on a 4930k i was beating many people with 5960's who obviously have more cores and faster ram speed. I even beat Kaapstad by a few places lol. I managed to get 31st on the Hall of fame (1 card benched on normal firestrike) which is quite good i think looking at what im up against.

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/fire+strike+3dmark+score+performance+preset/version+1.1/1+gpu

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6467251

[​IMG]

Could have got the cpu to 5ghz but id have to tweak other stuff in the bios and tbh i cant be bothered :)

On another note only person ive seen on Overclock.net hit 1600mhz is Jpmboy, ive seen nobody else near that apart from myself get to 1590 on custom water only.

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Congrats Vet, looks decent! :)

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeap pretty good considering everyone above me and many below me have 5960's.

Wish i had a 5960 :D

Actually thinking about it again, i dont need one tbh :)

20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Especially not in the next years, with dx12 seriously reducing CPU impact in addition to the kickass CPU you've got anyway ;)

Congrats, couldn't imagine being anything at the top 30something of the world, I'd just be happy to get to those 'better than 99%' areas someday