Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Haven't worked on that yet... too busy perfecting the lighting. I will look in to it today. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, the car reflections seem to be fixed now. They are more intense but I do not think I can make it like e3 entirely. I think that It would have to do with something involving a gloss map or specular map on the cars. Only problem is that I cannot find this. Until then the cars will only be "great" not e3...

*EDIT
    I forgot to mention, there are full city blackouts now, I got mlleemiles new blackout lighting and use it with my lighting. It works great, looks amazing, and feels awesome.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. Mindtaker

Mindtaker Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Extreme Edition
    Thanks bro, you're amazing :)

I've my new files patched now, I'll try when I came home.

3. YoDevi

YoDevi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    I've found a bug in the V2.6 BETA:
    [​IMG]
    The light coming out from those lamps is quite odd xD It has very sharp edges and it stops at a certain height. Seen from the bottom they're just fine, it only happens when looking at them from the top/side, so I don't think there's gonna be the same problem in other spots of the maps, cause generally you stay on the ground.
    Oh, and outside it was raining, I don't know if it can matter because it may change the lighting.

4. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    @YoDevi Yes, I have been aware of this since 2 days ago. Honestly I do not know why it is like that. I will look into it. ;)

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Seems like it's the same issue like with Headlights cones/rays. When you inside tunnels or shops they get very opaque and very bright.
    Try to disable "RenderRain" in your GameProfile.xml and see if the cones in this Hideout disappears.

6. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    Why are there no Headlight Lensflares on the first Screenshot? Could you implement TXGT´s new Head- and backlight lensflares? They are really close to the E3 ones.

And I have a bug ( But i´m still using V 2.0 ): Cars are spawning only 200 feet in front of me. This looks very weird when driving fast on any longer road in the game, because the cars suddenly appear on the street. Maybe its some issue with my game / gamerprofile.xml, because I´ve never read this before?

Good luck with 2.7!
    I hope that Groundbreaking thing is still in development :)

Btw: What about your vacation? It seems you are still working on this mod? I hope you do not ruin your holidays ( or whatever ) just to make us happy. :)

7. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    @sockenshock There are headlight lensflares, it is just that they were not visible at that angle.

I do not experience pop in... Maybe it is a problem with your game or just that revision.

the vacation was left off early. So i started to work on the mod more.

8. gomson

gomson Guest

GPU:
    780ti Kingpin SLI
    @ThatGuyOverTher
    You're progress so far is nothing short of awesome, the lighting as you say looks almost perfect to the E3 look, I'm really looking forward to it.
    I have a question/request..:
    Is it possible to change some of the cue music in the game, for example when there's a crime in progress and you're close to the area/person related to the crime, the music changes. Is it possible to change the music there to something like this..: (from timecode 19.50)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWQNbRyKppA

Is there a way to mod the music so that plays during the crime preventions..?
    Hope that makes sense... :D

9. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    Alright, I got it.
    Thanks for your reply.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looking again at the E3 Demo Screenshots I think it might be better to reconsider the bloom of the street lamps in your mod. I don´t know it´s current stage but on your screenshots its intense and I think in this case it might be, that less is more to keep things subtle and accurate.
    By the way: The Lamps in the E3 Demo looked that good because the background is darker than in the release. Do you think it would be possible to achieve that kind of darkness at night in the distance, because come on that lamps look really good on the screenshots, but it´s only because everything else is darker than in our games. It would not be gamebreaking if the bloom close to Aiden would dissappear too, even though it was adaptive back in 2012. Yeah, it would be nice to hear your thoughts and to give it a try, if possible. :)

Thanks for your work on this game.

10. YoDevi

YoDevi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    RenderRain is already set to 0

11. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    @YoDevi Yeah, i tried the vanilla and it had these weird cones too.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  12. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Yes it is very possible, just a pain to get it done since there are so many sound files...

I can try to get something like that done...

13. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    What i have been wanting to do it make the sky during night time darker. Have not entirely figured out the sky.lib in order to do this though.

As for the bloom in the street lamps, the bloom that is used it "E3" bloom. As you can see they are the same strength.

Look here:
    [​IMG]

And here it is while driving:
    [​IMG]

So as you can see the bloom is the same strength.
    In my opinion, it looks stunning ;)

Thanks man.

14. Vladdy95

Vladdy95 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 3.5+0.5GB
    @ThatGuyOverTher Thanks for the instructions, man. It works perfectly. Also, I wanted to ask you if this mod contains the hidden textures, and if not, is it compatible with TheWorse Mod 1.0?

15. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    What are "hidden" textures? And no, TheWorse mod has been out of date for a long time now, there is an updated version of it which you can find here:http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=393192

But please, elaborate on these "hidden" textures, what are they supposed to be?

16. Vladdy95

Vladdy95 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 3.5+0.5GB
    @ThatGuyOverTher
    You know, the ones found back in June 2014, which the Ubisoft had some explaining to do. I don't know if it was textures or whatnot.

17. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    I have no idea what you are talking about, there are no textures that were found in june that made ubisoft have to explain something. You mean the things like bloom, rain, DoF, and other graphical effects?

My mod has all of those things but higher quality. And custom texture for a few things.

18. Vladdy95

Vladdy95 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 3.5+0.5GB
    @ThatGuyOverTher
    That's it then. I thought it was textures, but it wasn't. Anyway, thanks for the mod and keep up the good work!

19. boykimma

boykimma Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    i started new game, the problem still remain, what do i do?

Edit: here the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS6irnrPOyE

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  20. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    That scarf pop on is something that we have not been able to change yet. ModAIC and Dorian have not really been able to do much more with the animations since that is a limited department...

Also, what Modaic and puredorian were talking about with the scarf pull-up is when it got sped up because of the draw speed skill.

But let's wait on their response, i have limited knowledge with animations whereas those two specialize in it.

I would be the one for graphics, binhex, textures, and other things.