Build new i7 pc!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by El1jonmc, Mar 31, 2015.

1. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    Hey guys, its been a while since I made a post on the forums. I recently build a new gaming i7 computer about 2 months ago and would like to share my joy and some pictures with you guys. Love the guru3d community!
    Sorry! not sure why pictures are upside down :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:) :nerd: :banana:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Looks nice enjoy I love upgrading ......... I just wish it was cheaper :)

3. gunman127

gunman127 Guest

GPU:
    980Ti 6GB 960 2GB
    You have the CPU fan on wrong: It's fighting the rear extractor fan.
    Either flip the fan in place, or move it to the other side of the CPU heatsink.
    My boss did the same thing to his PC years ago...

4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    That Cooler Master heatsink makes it into a lot of builds.

5. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Yeah, the 212 EVO is great for mild overclocks. A little tall, but the other dimensions are fine. I've been using 3 of them in different computers throughout the house for several years.

I recently did this same kind of thing, documenting an "upgrade" with some pictures for my friends. The reason I say "upgrade" is because I kept all of my hardware and just got a much better case. I might put up some of the pictures after work tomorrow if anybody is interested.

Lastly, do you have any plans to do more cable management OP? Most people are not as OCD as me regarding that stuff, but I can't sleep until my cables are pulled tight and hidden away. I spent 90 minutes moving and cleaning all my hardware into my new case, then about 5 hours drawing diagrams and making ideas for cable routing. Ugh, those bulky PCIE power cables though, I can NEVER find a good way to manage them...

6. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    You would hate my case, I dont have a modular PSU so all my extra cables are wound up at the bottom. It bothers me but if the side panel is on you cant tell.

7. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    I was in a hurry to see the pc running I didn't spend a lot of time doing cable management, im honestly not sure if I can do it any better. About the fan, I believe it doesn't really matter which way its facing? I seen other post about people comparing sides and if anything theres a 1c difference.

Thanks so much for the feedback guys! im a very happy camper :)

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yes the fan orinentation does matter.. The exhaust fan is pushing air out while your HS fan is blowing into the case, that justs screws up the air flow.. Flip the fan around

9. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    might be a problem if he doesnt have low profile ram.

10. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    I will flip the fan around, thanks guys!

I switched the fan to the other side and did notice better cooling, thanks again!
    Good thing G.Skill Sniper ram are low profile :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015

11. Blacklac

Blacklac Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB
    Do be afraid to mess with your case fan orientation and try to improve temps.

For instance, if you moved your CPU cooler fan to the right side (blowing towards the back) and your furthest right fan on top, make it an intake. You would essentially be pulling fresh cool air directly to your CPU cooler and not just blowing hot air from inside your case, into it. It made quite a difference on my setup, like that. GPU's tend to heat up the air in your case.

Just dont be afraid to try stuff. There's tons of different ideas on case air flow. You dont have to follow what the case designers laid out.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  12. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Just upgraded 8gb 1866 to 16gb 1866 ram it is so cheap at the moment so I figured why not may help Photoshop and video editing

13. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    Agreed with the fan orientation. If you're afraid of the fan bumping into the RAM, use the B slots instead of the A slots (RAM arrays are in 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B).

14. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    Your right guys, im going to get a weekend and really put some effort into the airflow and cable management. The pc runs very well even though.