Bloodborne (project beast)

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm thank u guys. I'm fcked up then. Still can't pass first boss alone.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I'll help you later on. The boss is rock hard.

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Find Madman’s Skulls. There are at least two in the first area before the Cleric Beast. Then you can summon help. The boss is not that hard – just stay away and hit him only when you are sure. Molotovs will help too and you can combine them with Oil Urns to do double damage.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i can't invite u..can i? i don't have that fatty statue thing to call u :(

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Do what I told you and you will get the “fatty statue thing” lol. Use a guide if you can’t find the skulls.

6. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    You can use tombstones for cover and use long range sweeps till beastmode, but after that it gets tough. But you only need 1 visceral attack(timed gunshot + R1) and couple normal hits to finish him. Also molotovs work.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ok ok

i threw 1 oil, 10 molotovs and fcker didnt even got his half enery dropped. such shame.

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I haven't gone back to play this since last week. Too hard for me. Maybe I'll give it a try tonight. Been messing around in the ff15 demo for the last week. Lots of hidden stuff to be found and different ways to run through it.

9. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Uuhm... i'm pretty sure Bigtime is still stuck on the Cleric Beast.... not Father Gascoigne.

If i'm correct... your best strategy would be, for one, if you're going to try to get close to him by sidestep/rolling, it's best to avoid the huge arm. Seems you can take a little damage from that even if he's NOT trying to hit you. Just gotta try to get out of his way and get behind him and hack at him a bit. If you're too close and he goes to take a swing at you, make sure you're locked on to his head, and shoot him just as he's about to attack to try to be able to land a visceral attack on him right after. When he stops and you see all the red around him (his "enraged" state)... i'm pretty sure it's generally best to avoid him as much as possible until it wears off.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Pls quick reply. I can now call for coop ai. I must do it while in boss encounter or before?

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I rang it. No one came. Why.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Haha somebody helped me. OMG thanx to him. He killed it easly. How. I sck.

Anyway cleric is gone. What now.

13. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Ring it before you go there, you might have to wait a while, depending on is there anyone ringing the other bell near your level.(10 levels +10%) Go clear the area for blood ect while you wait.

With Cleric, i just tried to evade the attacks and hit hard, charge attacks do well if you have time for it.

Edit: Nvm

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I haven't killed the Cleric yet. Nigjtmare to deal with. Having a blast in Old Yharham with the warewolves.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Lol. Some people as who helped me as sick. Kills beats easly.

I can now but that kirk hammer. Is it good. And repeating pistol.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Can't use repeating pistol says can't. What I need.

17. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    tells you if you look at the stats. firearms require bloodtinge to use better ones. But from what i've read... repeating pistol isn't that much to look forward to, since it fires two quicksilver bullets each time you fire it. Basically eats through them like cotton candy.

Beat my second boss. First the cleric beast, and today beat father Gascoigne. Surprisingly, only took me two attempts to solo both. Can kinda cheese Father for the first 2/3 of his health be keeping tombstones between you and using the long form of your weapon (in my case the axe)... But he'll rape you five different ways from Sunday if you're not careful once he transforms and can demolish the tombstones. Sucks though... Cause I killed him... But no sign of his gear, unless I'm missing something..

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  18. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    @Mr.Bigtime glad that you managed to kill the Cleric Beast. Now the hard part begins lol

@Ghosty how did you get to Old Yarham without killing the Cleric Beast? I guess that you need to kill at least father Gascoigne.

@ElementalDragon Gascoigne armor set you need to buy with insight. Once you have 10 there is another merchant messenger, the one you buy the Resonating Bell from, and he (or it or they.. I don’t know) sells the set for 1 or 2 insight a piece.

Yesterday I made my way through Old Yarham, but that Bloodstarved Beast is a bastard. Died a couple of times alone, called for help and died two more times. Will die more later lol.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Killed Father Gascoigne with help from another player. I presume killing the cleric beast opens up the exit.

20. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    It only opens a lamp at the bridge and gives you a key that I still haven’t found where to use.