AMD Catalyst (15.200.1012.2 March 11) Win 8.1 Mod - VSR for HD7/R7/R9 & FPS limiter

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Pandelas

Pandelas Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 dual x
    I hope that VSR will come officially in HD7000 series with full 4k support, worst Nvidia cards have full 4k support about a half year ago.

Edit: With the custom driver i had some kind of corruption is some games on the top of my screen, i installed the official driver without removing the custom one and now i have both VSR and my games running without problems, i think that the guys who having problems with crossfire etc worth give it a try.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I see your posts in this thread and it seems you are upset with who made it posible because it's not easy to install, has problems, ect,,,,

Nobody force you to use modded drivers.

You could stay with official drivers they are hassle free buy you don't get extra VSR res or even VSR at all.

Do you think we didn't see the reason?

The reason is the ZERO commercial interest in support 5000,6000,7000 series with VSR.

As you own a 290X like me you must be very happy to don't get 4K VSR with your card with official drivers. (irony)

It's SO UNDERPOWERED compared to a 285 card who is the only one to get AMD official drivers 4K VSR.

Modded drivers gives you 4K VSR and it seems you are upset about the install process of them.

Who has the fault the modded drivers or the official driver made by AMD who didn't give you 4K VSR?

Are you disagree with his opinions because he is banned?

It's strange to disagree with someone cause his ban and not because his opinions.

So you didn't disagree BEFORE his ban.

Maybe someone who is STILL not banned could reply you.

Why do you say it deserves the ban?

It's very easy to attack someone who can't reply you. :)

The mod is not giving us "work in progress" in the oficial drivers related to series 5000,6000 or 7000.

AMD clearly said they will not get VSR support.

I.e. 280 was advertised to get future VSR but not the original 7000 series of cards from where they come from (and share the same hardware) cause they are a rebrand.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    That's interesting!

What kind of corruption?

Dirt install of one driver over another don't use to be a solution but...

...Who knows?

I will try with a specific win 8.1 install partition made only for this kind of "experiments" :D

4. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    I will try too just to find out if it works.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Thanks!

Please report back as we are both 290(X) "crossfirers" it will be usefull to share results!

:)

6. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Nope it's not working, still the same problem.
    i'm gonna try the other way around, first the official and then the modded after.

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm starting to get more and more interested by the reported better CPU utilization in the 15.2 drivers.
    It seems that they are part of another branch of development at AMD. I hope for the 15.4 reunification of the VSR and CPU utilization branches :D

8. Probotector

Probotector Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 290 @ 1100/1400
    15.2 works only in win 10?

9. razorbackdb

razorbackdb Member

GPU:
    AMD R7 260x 2GB
    Is VSR not working on DX10 games?, DMC4 works only in DX9 and Bioshock 2 doesn't show any resolutions above native.

10. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000

I thought the driver version of the official 15.3 driver = 14.502.1014.0000 was a dead give away that it was older than the Windows 10 driver.

Not too many reasons on why AMD would give the general public an older driver...

11. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It works in Win 8.1 too. This is the thread about it. :D

VSR is not anything special like modes of antialiasing. It simply makes games believe that your monitor has a higher resolution than the one it actually has. If you can change the desktop resolution, but not the resolution in a game, then the game is limiting you, it is not any fault with the drivers, or VSR.

There are reasons for stability. For public consumption I believe that builds with more stable and tested components are preferred (as they should).

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You disagree with facts? Most people have no respect for AMD because their marketing department spends too much time lying and trying to over-hype products. The reason AMD's market share is so low has nothing to do with their drivers, or even the quality of their hardware. It has to do with the fact that AMD over promises, and consistently under delivers. AMD needs to learn from the marketing departments at Intel and NVidia.

AMD hyped up Bulldozer....and look at the utter failure it turned out to be. AMD hyped up Mantle. For all intents and purposes, it was DOA..... AMD hyped TrueAudio. What actually makes use of it? Now AMD is taking a hot, power hungry architecture, and pushing it further. AMD's next major CPU architecture release is supposed to be able to compete with Skylake, yet it's expected launch is a year later.... (so they'll still be behind). AMD's biggest downfall is their own marketing department.

13. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Do not worry. My post was a rhetorical statement.

Most users here know why AMD tossed us an older driver kernel with updated components.

14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It has to do with a bet they made for GPUs being general purpose computing devices. A lot of people believe that Maxwell is made of fairy dust and Jen-Hsun Huang's semen, but the truth is that it is basically a 28nm design that's only good for games that don't use heavy compute. There are sacrifices to be made everywhere, and NVIDIA made the popular ones. Their FP32/64 performance is a joke. I can't believe I'll say that now, but I believe that in the long run GCN is a better architecture to root for, especially as we approach more low level APIs.

Again, they bet wrong. Again we see that with lower level APIs AMD CPUs benefit most.

Mantle is the base for Vulkan, instruction by instruction almost, and it gave AMD a huge leg up on lower-level-api driver readiness; same almost for DX12. TrueAudio is really the PS4 dsp, and it can do in hardware some really interesting things, the problem is developer support and traction.
    In closing, I believe that they did the right things, just to early. We're gonna see a lot of gaps closing in the coming year.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Vulkan, much like previous iterations of OpenGL, won't gain much traction. Knowing about DX12 development, I doubt NVidia would have purposely developed an architecture that would be gimped by it. Seeing as how most games aren't compute heavy, I don't expect performance to be an issue. DX12 being "lower level" doesn't mean that the number of compute heavy games is magically going to increase. DX12 is not going to be a compute heavy API.

As for GCN being the superior architecture, it won't really matter if AMD's marketing department doesn't start behaving responsibly. If AMD continues to over-promise and under deliver, they will continue to suffer. AMD has several major releases coming over the next several quarters between new GPUs, new APUs and multiple new CPUs. They need to be honest about the performance, features and functionality of each product if they want to earn back market share.

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    My several games with stunning mantle performance would like a word with you.

As would Vulkan and DX12.

17. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    There are a lot of reasons why OpenGL never gained the traction it should, but it will not be the same for Vulkan, which is much more standardized and fully endorsed already by companies like Activision Blizzard, Valve, Apple, and a ton of developers who are finally gonna get their hands on a mature and properly documented open api that they can use for all platforms.

And that API is a copy paste (literally) of Mantle. This is no crazy OMGZ AMD HYPE HYPE HYPE thing. A lot of people were expecting this, and now they got it. It's gonna be used by every major graphics engine, Unity, Source, CryEngine, Unreal etc.

An API is not "compute heavy". A proper API gives more access to developers for using the hardware. A lot of new games are compute heavy because developers do awesome things with the extra power they have. Nice examples are Ryse and Far Cry 4. In both, even GCN 1.0 cards are approaching Maxwell performance in 1080p (if you disregard the discrepancies between ROPs etc).

I agree here.

The only people I've seen lying like that are NVIDIA with their 4GB cards. :D

18. jason

jason Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    ill try this driver and give feedback on a 280x

19. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    On a R9 280X, the driver recognizes my GPU as a HD 7900 series.
    Max resolution with VSR is 1440p.

I'll test to see if it is better than downsampling by hacking monitor info.

20. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    You took out of context. I'm not complaining at all. I'm happy with the hacked drivers. And all i said was to inform AMD to show us some mind blowing features and such in next 1. You guys have no respect for the company at all. I have respect and so should you. Acting like a ass and such won't get you far in life.