Are you going to buy a Titan X?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Mar 11, 2015.

1. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I'm considering purchasing one to see how it stacks against my EVGA 980 SC's.

2. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Probably not, the price tag is kinda off putting, does that mean the GTX980's will come down in price soon?

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Probably not. Hasn't been like it with the first Titans iirc.
    The situations might change if there's a 980Ti though, which could follow the TitanX, then we'll see a drop in 980 pricing I guess.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ocuk has them in, the Gigabyte and MSI models only! Ive cancelled all of my orders with Scan and purchased 1 from here. First time ive bought anything from OCUK in years. EVGA products take forever to get into the UK as ive said before, waste of time EVGA are unless your in the USA. Card should be here tomorrow!:D

The Gigabyte card has a lower boost clock but that is easily fixed with a bios flash.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015

5. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Well, what's likely going to happen is AMD will put out their 390x, Nvidia will respond by dropping price on the 980 and releasing a cut down version of the Titan X called the 980 Ti. So we'll probably see the 980 come down a bit in the next few months, but not because of the Titan X.

6. MADOGRE

MADOGRE Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980ti G1
    After seeing the Titan, 780, 780ti and Titan Black a few years ago, I plan to wait on the consumer GTX 1080 or the refresh GTX 1080Ti.

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I won't be buying it. ~1200 Euros is just way too much for a card like this. I'd be okay to pay €400-700 for it, but any more is just a ripoff.

Besides, my two 680s still feel good enough right now. We'll see what'll happen with some of the upcoming games I'm looking forward to, but right now it's good enough.

Perhaps there will be a contest somewhere where I can win one, though, as I'd love to have one nonetheless. :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  8. movsxd

movsxd Guest

GPU:
    -
    Not a chance. Starting with obvious that I don't have that kind of money, but also I see no use for it other than for showing off (which is a fair aim, really, but only for those that indeed can).

I hope they'll keep the totally awesome design for 980 Ti, if any, and other future reference models, though.

9. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I orderd two of them from NCIX. On back order as usual. Who knows how long I'll have to wait? Well,I'm not waiting. I cancelled the order today. I'm thinking that by the time these cards are in stock and available for shipping, Nvidia will have released something even better. At least a better gaming card like maybe a Titan Ti or 980Ti. I'm not in a big hurry,as the Titans I have now are good enough for gaming on my 2560x1600 30" monitor. I ordered the Dell 34" curved 21.9 aspect ratio monitor a couple of days ago. I don't think my Titans should have too much trouble with it. I'll soon see. Meantime I'm going to wait a bit and see what Nvidia comes up with that's better than the TitanX for gaming.

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same deal, I didn't actually order, but I came pretty close.

Thing is, I just can't justify the price when I suspect there will be a cheaper (and possibly faster) card in the near future.

Even if I do end up picking these up, I'm going to wait and see what Nvidia replies to the 390X with before making a decision.

Like yourself, what I have now makes short work of everything I play and I want to grab a new four wheeler and some other bits and pieces for the summer so no shortage of places to invest the spare cash :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015

11. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I used to pay 500 bucks for the latest and greatest gpu. So no, I shall not be a sheeple.

12. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Too expensive, I can pay 500-600$ max for my next GPU but not 1000$.

BTW- I wonder how TITANX individual component cost looks like, for example 12GB GDDR5 alone

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  13. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
  14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  15. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    I'm really close to buying it but think i will hold out for the 980ti this summer. that means i will have to play Witcher 3 on my 780ti though. bleh, 3gb vram gonna be **** for that game. i play at 1440p so we will see how it goes. need to upgrade the rest of my pc to but waiting for skylake....

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015

16. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I'd get one for sure if I had more time but as it stands right now, that won't happen til the summer... and at that point there will be other options to consider.

But my god the temptation is killing me.

17. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    So how much faster can we expect the 980Ti to be than the Titan X?

Because the 780Ti was only a couple of frames faster than the original Titan so I'm hoping it's atleast more than that.

18. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    yeah pretty much the same is the rumor. 10% higher clock, only half the vram.

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    It'll be the same or slower. Titan x is already fully unlocked

20. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Might be only half vram, but the good news is that:

Win10 is right around the corner, stacking vram and etc,etc.

So This means in the end, the 980ti is a much much better choice far as price is concerning.

Thank God I waited.

I am waiting on the 980ti and the 390x radeon, can't wait for reviews on the 390x.