Acer to Release 27" 1440p TN XB270HU With G-sync and 144Hz

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by fantaskarsef, Nov 26, 2014.

1. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    Pepi the Asus monitor they are talking about has not been released yet other than a monitor testing site that got their hands on one.. and the xl2730z is a benq freesync that is in the first few days of being released.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  2. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    Ok thanks :)

3. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    I just bought mine from alternate.de hope it does not come with any dead pixels

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Cool thing, congrats! I hope you get a nice one and properly working monitor! Any ETA given?

5. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  6. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Good call then. I hope you get your's soon, and let us know what you think of it :)

7. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    Sure as soon i get it i will take pictures :)

8. Teawithgrief

Teawithgrief Guest

Would be nice if you edited the 1st post to say it has IPS panel and TN level of response times, because this monitor can use ULMB @100hz.

Its the FIRST IPS that can use ULMB. The first IPS monitor to truly take away the last advantages that TN had over IPS.

(while its pixel response time is said to be 4ms gtg and the rog swift has 1ms gtg - we need to remember that the advertised response times are bull****)
    See this TFT review http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm
    that the xb270hu has the same amount of ghosting as the Rog Swift.

And actually - input lag is lower on the xb270hu than the rog swift.)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
  9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I updated the OP.

What I liked is exactly the reduced input lag. But I'm still waiting for our fellow guru Pepi to post his impressions, but I'm certain I'll rather buy one of these screens than a Swift towards the end of the year ;)

10. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    It's out for delivery :) hope the ups guy don't show up before i get home.

11. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
  12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  13. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    There is a little backlight bleed in the lower right corner, but about dead pixels. I found 2 dead(dark dots), and like 14 colored micro dots visible om the black background. So i think i will sending this monitor back.

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Interesting. Sorry to hear though, as 16 pixels not working isn't worth the money again, same story as with the Swift.
    :puke2:

15. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    You should try the xl2730z as mine is pixel perfect.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Of course it's a great screen, but it's a shame that these days you pay so much money and not get decent quality checks... I remember the days when having three dead pixels was a reason to classify a screen lower and make it less than premium, thus getting it for a cheaper price.

The problem is, with the above mentioned screen, it's a TN panel (which some people would never consider), and for me being fine with TN, with only a few more € giving me access to Gsync. The XL2730z is a nice screen, but with it's Freesync layout it's only reasonable for AMD users (I don't see Nvidia supporting AMD's sollution in the future, but that's another topic).

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Pepi did you have any problems with yellow glow while you had the monitor? I'm looking to pick one of these up to replace my ROG Swift, but I've heard that people have had yellow IPS glow problems. It sounds more like backlight bleed but w/e they say it's tinted yellow. That would annoy me.

18. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    There was only little backlight bleed lower right corner. I would say buy it if u want, the colors on this one are just great, better than rog swift, and i really like the ag coating on this one, not like the rog swift. I am only returning this monitor because of dead pixels. The last thing i would say is, rog swift does have better build q, and feels like a premium screen. This one not so much, but when u turn it on, u will forget about it. :)

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah I do kinda hate going down in the build quality department, but between the aggressive AG Coating on the Swift and the incorrect Pixel Mapping issues I have on mine, I really couldn't get rid of it fast enough. It's honestly the only product I've ever owned that I absolutely hate.

20. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    hehe, i think u would love this screen, that lower build q, would not bother you, when u see the great ips colors this screen have, and with g sync, ulmb and 144hz there is no better screen right now. PS. This screen does not have a power brick, big win for me:)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015