EA Infects Battlefield Hardline with new ghastly DRM

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    So currently I am working on a graphics performance review for Battlefield Hardline, and guess what ? Do you guys remember the DRM introduced in Ubisofts Anno 2070 ? Well, EA just did pretty much the...

EA Infects Battlefield Hardline with new ghastly DRM

2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thank god I have no interest in this obvious cash grab. EA and UBI are the debil.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Probably for the best, not only is it not a good game but it looks noticeably worse then Battlefield 4 for some reason.

4. LiviuTM

LiviuTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB
    Are you kidding me? Maybe you should marry one configuration and stay together Till Death Do You Part.

Great job, EA :finger2:

5. Gumby

Gumby Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TitanX
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  6. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    You give them free advertising and they give you the finger - nice. :rolleyes:

7. TheDo114

TheDo114 Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 4GB
    Wow I don't like this at all. They never mentioned it once before or after release and expect us to never find it or just let it slip by?

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Glad I skipped this one.

9. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Now that´s bull**** if i ever saw it. EA sucks.

10. hansip87

hansip87 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    If Only Cities Skyline has graphic benchmark worthy quality :) plus i know you like City building Hilbert.. ;)

11. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    As if Origin was not enough, now we have to deal with another piece of DRM on the same game.....

EA has so little respect for their costumers.

12. SiRDamiano

SiRDamiano Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 290
    I can only say, no words.
    Maybe some legal in the field can investigate this behaviours?
    Suggesting just a lot of petitions to stop this on time for all, this is becoming stup*d!
    EA find another way to obtain money, something like: Code better or milk lesser for DLCs

13. Arbold

Arbold Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac Amp Extreme
    Glad i skipped hardline after the horrible BF4. No more EA games for me it seems.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hilbert on top of his game (no pun intended) as usual. Nice find... well, for those that were on the fence about whether or not to pick this up. Wounder why no other sites have reported this yet.

Did EA make this info available anywhere (EULA, FAQs etc) or is it a complete stealth mission from EA.

15. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Yeah,tipically big publishers etc.

Even if you change your CPU over 8 times you are blocked,so EA get our finger. :D

"The second problem is Origin. We had to cut some testing as EA's platform only allows us to change the CPU/GPU up to eight times per account before locking us out. We were forced use four different accounts to produce this article!

After eight hardware changes we get hit with "we're sorry, an error has occurred...too many computers have accessed this account's version of Battlefield Hardline recently. Please try again later." Ohh how I long for a Steam version of Hardline."

source techspot

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Should be the same with Lords of the Fallen and Dragon Age: Inquisition and any other game that is using Denuvo, pretty sure Star-Force, Tages and SecuROM also had hardware ID checks too albeit not as intrusive.

Denuvo seems to be a pretty light DRM but it is pretty invasive too or how it's called but it does work as it takes up to several months before the games are properly cracked, partially because there's so many different system configurations although as Hilbert discovered if you do upgrade your PC components often this error will pop up after a while.
    (Should just need to mail support and reset the existing activations, Star-Force and SecuROM had methods so the end user could do this himself but I don't think Denuvo has anything like that which is unfortunate as customer support for big corporations like EA, Valve or Ubisoft can be pretty slow.)

17. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    I haven't bought an EA game since Dragon Age 1, they produce nothing but ****.

18. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Some companies simply do not know how to use DRM properly. StarForce will be brought back before long.

19. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    They prob saw the crap sales and thought it was piracy

20. SirJamesDTech

SirJamesDTech Guest

GPU:
    2x Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB
    Things like this are specifically why I didn't join the others in celebrating when John Riccitiello got canned.
    The trash level at EA with the decision makers has a very wide range of counterproductivity.