AMD Catalyst (15.200.1012.2 March 11) Win 8.1 Mod - VSR for HD7/R7/R9 & FPS limiter

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    You can start explaining your philosophy about respect to some AMD "defenders" who have a HUGE lack of respect for other fórum members.

I know what i'm talking about.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I gave up on EDID as the default drivers settings are always used...so I get 85Hz instead of 100...

But I found that unchecking the EDID box in ccc will let u make custom res, and can be scaled in windows desktop. May need to play with it a bit..

3. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    Saw this thread, read through it...very interesting stuff. One thing I must point out, however, is that we should be professional if we're going to be on someone's official forums, as in Hilbert's. I would think he'd rather we conduct ourselves in a mature manner. Perhaps AMDMatt had no knowledge of any of this until some very curious and innovative folks happened upon it.

Whatever the case may be, this is probably good news. I'd like to know what kind of performance y'all are getting using VSR. Any glitches, crashes, problems?

4. xx4L0Mxx

xx4L0Mxx Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 970GTX 4G
    First off, thank you for these drivers.

I have just quickly tested with 2 ASUS DCUII R9 290 in crossfire.

3840x2160 is available as resolution options now ( only quickly tried them on Stock Car Extreme and FALLOUT : New Vegas ) but I get crazy flickering on the right hand side of my 1080p LG TV screen exactly the same with both games, on one side only, the other half of the screen is rendered fine.

Disabling crossfire enables 3840x2160 with no flickering at all and runs fine.

Any ideas if I can get Crossfire working at all? Thanks a lot.

EDIT : Crossfire flickers like crazy at any resolution for me with these drivers I'm afraid.

Back to 15.3 Beta and Crossfire works perfectly again, no flickering.

That's annoying, because 3840x2160 scales perfectly on my 1080p TV, 3800x1800 has black bars around the edge, I have to use the Cinema Zoom 1 function on the TV for 3800x1800 to fit the panel without bars and it doesn't look as crisp.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015

5. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I doubt he's "lying". He probably just doesn't know exactly what's being discussed and only knows what's being told to him, and he probably has to sign several NDAs whereas he's not allowed to divulge any of AMD's dirtier secrets he might know.

It's scummy, and it sucks, but it is what it is.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though; taking someone to task and asking hard questions is fine. I think we should do that. I've done that.

Being rude and insultingly crass (not saying you have been, but some have surely been) is not the way to go about things. Usually, all that means is people will wind up ignoring it.

If you want to do anything, though, I personally think you should spread this info to any tech bloggers, tech vloggers, youtube channels and whatnot. If anyone has an account on the LinusTechTips forums, you should post it there. I'm almost certain they'd feature this on their friday vidcast if someone did, and that's a fairly well known youtube tech entity.

Just get the word out. That's the best thing to do.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I honestly think AMD need to get rid of Hallock, have done so for a while.
    Like many, I've stayed a solid AMD customer for....15yrs?...always had some AMD hardware. AMD were the underdog...trying to get ahead....and I trusted them.
    And now last 2-3yrs has been some of the most superficial, sensationalised, and trumped up marketing BS I've come across,
    AMD PR team either think guys like us are seriously stupid, or we are all 12yo.
    We're bombarded with inflated benchmarks, forum puppets, bloggers writing how wonderful life is on red.....hyped-up press releases as with Omega....it goes on
    Meanwhile we have drivers with more bugs than a can of fly spray would kill, often recurring, crap crossfire support, fill out bug reports nobody reads, lose Radeon Pro, and then just to say thanks, we get something taken away a BS spiel over why we can't have it.

I never complain about AMD but they are insulting the intelligence of loyal customers who stuck behind them.
    So gonna ditch them till Hallock is gone. He prob won't care, it will be my little protest.

Who wants to join me,??? come on everybody, it'll be fun..(just kidding here :D)

7. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Quite honestly you are 100% right. I ve been a loyal customer for many years but this unacceptable. Driver support for this generation has been poor especially for crossfire. I had previously Trifire and CFX and they were fine. This time around I couldn't enable vsync for a couple of months or there was some hitch sound. Well documented problem only for crossfire users. They took their sweet time to fix it.

4 months to release a driver with a long list of known issues. That s terrible customer support.

Then they lie about VSR support for older cards...enough is enough.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Community marketing reps are not under NDA, they aren't testers. Matt has been at OCUK for years, about as long as I've been here...he's been around.

Whether someone told him to say or not doesn't matter. What does matter is it's completely untrue. That's the last I'm going to say about it...

9. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Success with HD 7770 card. Took a bit to find the right registry keys.

[​IMG]

10. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    He's actually mentioned being under NDA several times in the past in regards to driver update details pre-release (Which, frankly, is kind of a stupid thing to put under NDA, but I digress)

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah that's prob true actually... Anyway lets move on, yes he made bad call but we aren't here to crucify him.

Lets crucify Hallock! :D And shine his cap. :p

12. razorbackdb

razorbackdb Member

GPU:
    AMD R7 260x 2GB
    Tried the registry edit posted with a 260x on windows 10 with the original driver but nothing happened

13. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  14. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    Great find! :D

I've automated it, just copy/paste and save as something like VSR.cmd then run it. It automatically finds the right registry keys and adds the values. :)
    Code:
    @echo off
    :--- Ask for Admin ---
    pushd "%CD%"
    CD /D "%~dp0"
    (NET FILE||(powershell -command Start-Process '%0' -Verb runAs -ArgumentList '%* '&EXIT /B))>NUL 2>NUL
    :---------------------
    for /F "eol=E tokens=* delims=" %%A in ('REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video /f DisplayPath_7 /s') Do (REG ADD %%A\Option /v All_nodes /t REG_BINARY /d 42657374566965774f7074696f6e00 /f)
    for /F "eol=E tokens=* delims=" %%A in ('REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video /f DisplayPath_7 /s') Do (REG ADD %%A\Option /v BestViewOption /t REG_BINARY /d 00000000000000000300000001000000080000000200000096000000 /f)

for /F "eol=E tokens=* delims=" %%A in ('REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class /f DisplayPath_7 /s') Do (REG ADD %%A\Option /v All_nodes /t REG_BINARY /d 42657374566965774f7074696f6e00 /f)
    for /F "eol=E tokens=* delims=" %%A in ('REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class /f DisplayPath_7 /s') Do (REG ADD %%A\Option /v BestViewOption /t REG_BINARY /d 00000000000000000300000001000000080000000200000096000000 /f)

echo Done!
    pause>NUL

15. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    It took me a bit to get the right register keys added, dispite my screen shot, I have an HD 7770 and R7 250 or whatever the rebranded HD 7770 is through a vbios flash.

Still having a couple of issues getting all the registry keys worked out, as the batch file is unique to each person set up. So a few things need to be changed for each system.

Not sure if my big issue is cause of Win 10 TP or not, but when I try to use the batch file to add all the keys, it only adds 1 key. Hence why I only have one additional VSR.

Played around in Neverwinter Online for a bit and no issues, using the new VSR size, other then alt-tabbing.

16. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
  17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yeah.
    Awesome!

18. razorbackdb

razorbackdb Member

GPU:
    AMD R7 260x 2GB
    Yeah I'm currently using and old monitor with a vga connection and native resolution of 1600x900, so i'm almost certain these reg keys won't work for me, anyway I'm too busy to do the full process right now.

19. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    wow so, VSR is unlocked for 7950's now with this modded driver?

I will have to give it a try,

AMD is letting me down

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What's bestviewoption for?