Top Gear thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by morbias, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hell no that's Clarkson alright. :D

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    He's got a 1930s old womans hair cut lol

Saying that, it's not much better today :D

3. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    i thought that was his mother at a young age. lol

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    No, that's why I said 'hope' because ipso-facto.

The Queen is NOT above the law, because of an 800+ year old document called Magna Carta.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    the queen is not officially legally above the law, but in reality...

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^After parliment just voted to not allow whistle blowers immunity from prosecution, i am now 100% sure that there is nothing they, or anybody in then upper echelons cannot get away with and also be protected.

Every MP that voted against that should be named publically, so the voters can see just who helped to continue the cover up, never thought my opinion of wsetminster and MP's could sink any lower, i was very wrong.:mad:

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Should watch this documentary, shows how deep down the rabbit hole it goes

http://www.*********/title/tt1979385/

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^The Keith Allen film, this was banned here in the UK right, yeah i forgot all about that, the banning of this film speaks volumes, considering it was more a investigation into the investigation, rather than her death, and considering what we have learned in the last few years has only added fuel to the fire that the those high up in the corridors of power are the biggest criminals of the lot

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yup, and the fact that our pure English royal family is far from pure English, in fact partially ***** according to that documentary

You never know how much to actually believe with things like this, but that video didn't seem like a tin-foil hat was talking, it all made pretty good sense

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Yeap, the film was anything but a conspracy theory, some very good questions that were never allowed to be answered, and you could see quite clearly things were going on to hinder the total investigation, and only people at the top could be powerful enough pull said strings, i mean after the last few years and the latest stuff about the police and mP being protected at very high levels it really comes as no surprise that this type of stuff has been happening over the years, the old adage was never so true, total power corrupts totally, the UK parliment is a very good example of just how much and how many.

11. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    No you don't, what a load of rubbish, even the TV Licensing website contradicts you and says if you just use your TV for watching DVD's or catchup you don't need one. You only need it if you watch LIVE tv, not because you own something that can get TV.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one
    You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-...organisations?WT.mc_id=mec_Search_Brand_check
    What don’t I need a TV Licence for?
    ± Devices that are only used for CCTV or playing DVDs or videos
    ± Watching ‘catch-up’ TV or ‘video clips’

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ^^ Wrong - if you own a device that can receive colour live TV, you need a license, which you just proved by your last lines of "What do I not need a license for" - anything else that can receive a live signal, you need a licence

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ15

What if I only use a TV to watch videos/DVDs/as a monitor for my games console? Do I still need a licence?

You do not need a TV Licence if you only use your TV to watch videos and DVDs or as a monitor for your games console.

You can tell us that you do not need a TV Licence by using our online declaration form. One of our Enforcement Officers may visit you to confirm that you do not need a licence.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/d...tv-licence-how-save-money-on-your-tv-licence/
    Do I need a TV Licence to own a TV?

No, you do not need a TV Licence to own a TV. When you buy any equipment that is capable of receiving a TV signal you will be asked for your home address. This information is passed on to the TV Licensing authority and, if it doesn't have you on its database, it will send you a reminder to buy a TV Licence. If you are not using the equipment to watch live TV (for instance, it's hooked up only to a games console or used for playing training videos) you will need to declare this to the TV Licensing authority; it's possible that an enforcement officer will be sent to verify this is the case. However, according to the authority, one in five people are found to need a TV Licence; if this is you, you could face prosecution, a court appearance, and a fine of up to £1,000 (plus legal costs).

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/engla.../consumer_tv_licences_e/about_tv_licences.htm

You don't need a television licence if a TV set cannot receive TV programmes and is used only:

for close circuit monitoring
    for watching pre-recorded videos or DVDs
    as a computer monitor
    to play computer games.

You don't need a TV licence if you only ever watch catch-up services, like BBC i-Player, that let you watch programmes after they have been broadcast.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ^^ hunting my license out - please explain why you are asked for your postcode for proof of license when you even buy a DVD player etc if what you've posted is true

QUOTED from above

When you buy any equipment that is capable of receiving a TV signal you will be asked for your home address. This information is passed on to the TV Licensing authority and, if it doesn't have you on its database, it will send you a reminder to buy a TV Licence

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Because you technically need to declare you are not going to receive a signal, and if they care enough they will send out an enforcement officer to verify that you don't receive a signal

Alternatively, don't give them your real address, also, any TV i've ever bought has been online and I was never asked.

Also "QUOTED from above", but actually in full.

When you buy any equipment that is capable of receiving a TV signal you will be asked for your home address. This information is passed on to the TV Licensing authority and, if it doesn't have you on its database, it will send you a reminder to buy a TV Licence. If you are not using the equipment to watch live TV (for instance, it's hooked up only to a games console or used for playing training videos) you will need to declare this to the TV Licensing authority; it's possible that an enforcement officer will be sent to verify this is the case. However, according to the authority, one in five people are found to need a TV Licence; if this is you, you could face prosecution, a court appearance, and a fine of up to £1,000 (plus legal costs).

16. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    You can remove implied right of access for their inspectors by writing to them and telling them they have no right of access.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yup, and just not letting them in the door and saying that if they come knocking.

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    So you're saying that you don't need a license if you give a fake address?

I don't work for the TV licensing people, I go from what it says on the license, so when it says I need one for anything that can receive a signal, I take that as their rules/law

I have no reason to think otherwise if it says it on the actual license

Giving fake addresses does not change that

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Good to know, but that doesn't change the licensing law afaik, they'd still be able to enforce it somehow

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    What, no? I'm saying if you don't want them mailing you don't give a real address.

You're skirting what I said there, fake address was just mentioned to not get letters.