Windows 10 Build 10041 Live

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 18, 2015.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It was part of a previous Anti-Trust ruling against them and prohibits MS from doing anything to prevent competition.

2. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Spartan is not in it. Only some of it's improvements have been baked into IE. Actually I don't see any differences.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    [​IMG]

Courtesy of MDL Forums

4. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    So, I did a few things, went in program files and deleted the WinApps folder, by taking ownership of it.
    It led to this because of a bug, apparently steam after install lost its rights to access the program files(x86) folder :O
    I just took ownership of critical files myself, and removed WinDefender,WinStore,WinApps. I feel cleaner now.

Also in this build renaming dwm.exe doesn't disable desktop composition, in the build 9926 I tried, it did disable it. Probably could be a separate topic but regardless I want it gone! :(

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    en_windows_10_pro_10014_winmain_prs_x64_dvd.iso

Code:
    mega.co.nz/#!lIkGEJRY!DGOATCYru-uyTYtG8W3Hd5DyWrBv-Xbd9uw8Mu1uBm4
    Link from MDL forums

EDIT -Same key as public TP
    Code:
    NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    "Project Spartan" works without any hacks from the apps list in the start menu with this build

[​IMG]

Just checked 10014 builds IE version and it says the same from the about tab, yet hovering over the IE exe, it says 10014

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Whats performance like so far? Games?

8. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    Cool. I saw this for the first time :D
    Now we need this browser, some proper driver support and stable HDD management in new build :D

9. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Any reason to try this if we only plan to use chrome anyway? plus it appears if sticking with the non leaked builds they can do upgrades with very impressive results. After running disk clean on my ancient laptop it appeared to be 100% problem free and no wasted space either...in other words just as good as my clean install on my main desktop....to be honest i was surprised how far things have come from "it has to be clean install or it will have problems days"

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    If you're not interested in Spartan (Which was not mind blowing to me) then no, Ive read people saying that this 10014 is extremely similar in features and stability as 9926

Personally if you are dead set in testing these builds, I'd stick to the official channel

If you want to check out Spartan etc, then try it in a virtual machine

11. Sildur

Sildur Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    Can't the spartan app get extracted or something, so we can use it on other builds too?

12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Its probably in the WindowsApps folder in Program Files. Not sure if reg keys are needed to run the .exe but yes it should be possible

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If it is going to replace IE there are explorer extension files you need to carry over from the Windows directory, I will work on a list of these files. There is only like 6 of them, but you need to take ownership of them to replace them.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Maybe I'll get lucky and this will install for me.... I decided to just keep running dual systems, 1 for Linux and 1 for Windows and just dual boot Win8.1/Win10 but when I tried to install Win10, I just got errors.

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Microsoft has released three updates, do they help with 10041 bugs?

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Strange, did you install 10 before 8.1? Maybe something has changed with the install process, I know the screen is different, and although you can normally install EasyBCD to add a newer OS to the bootloader, maybe you need to install the newer OS first in this case?

Not been back into 10 for a few days

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I tried to install build 9879 and got an error after the partition stage. Same with 9926. I figured I got the error due to a time stamp issue. Ya know, how some builds have time restrictions? I figured that might be the case, so I've been looking for the current build to try. Since you posted a link to it, I'll download and try again tonight when I get home. Worst case, I'll just upgrade my Win8 install.....after I make a drive image anyway.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea the timebomb, I don't think (just guessing) that it knows the date during the partitioning stage of the install, only when it actually gets into Windows itself

Might be worth partitoning the drive in 8.1 first, then just choosing that partition when you get to the HDD choice screen, so you don't need to do any actual partitioning

EDIT - Just remembered trying to install old Longhorn builds, and had to set the date back in the BIOS first or it would also fail, so yea you could be right on the timebomb thing

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  20. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    i had 1 freeze due to amd driver stopped responding but since the updates your asking about i have not had any more....so nock on wood hopefully it continues to be stable