Ayahuasca / DMT

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Phragmeister, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Serious to a point. It is a risk. Why out in the middle of no where? If something goes wrong...on your own.

2. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    That's my secret, Captain. I'm always on my own.

3. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    And yet you want to go on a retreat with other people?

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well if you don’t have experience I would suggest not to start with the strongest of these substances. Find some mushrooms and see how that goes first. 2-3 grams of dry cubensis will be a reasonable start and will give you an idea if you want to experiment further with those kind of substances.
    As I said before – it is not for everyone and if you are curious about it start slow.

mbk1969 likes this.

5. Andrés

Andrés Guest

6. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    DMT trips can turn nasty for some people, Ive heard reports of people hallucinating an endless wave of spiders, snakes & bugs.

It was on the to do list, after hearing about that chap that died I decided Im not going to do it.

7. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    I wouldn't consider myself scared of any living creature, especially one that isn't physically real.

Ever hear about those millions of people that died from alcohol in one way or another?

*downs another pint of beer*

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Please stop bringing up the whole alcohol argument. It has no bearing on this topic. Abuse of any substance will kill an individual. Vitamin D is needed to sustain life, yet too much will kill you. People have overdosed and as a result have died from the abuse of narcotics. Your alcohol argument amounts to the same type of argument against gun control: Guns do not kill people, people kill people. The abuse of the guns ability to effect the situational outcome is what does the killing. It all boils down to abuse.

Just be safe.

9. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Bam! :banana:
    This is true though.

10. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    For OP or anyone else, two articles here:

Crappy Ayahuasca Shamans Can Kill You

https://www.vice.com/read/a-beginners-guide-to-ayahuasca

I Took a Lot of Drugs at a Psychedelic Boot Camp
    https://www.vice.com/read/drug-boot-camp-131

^ The last one is recent

Not saying not to try anything, but, be aware and I'd get a very trusted, sober, sitter person you can trust to watch over you- especially if you're traveling out of the country.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

11. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    I'd say to be careful about it. Magic mushrooms give you a spiritual experience enough, and it's not as dangerous, except if you pick the wrong mushroom then you run the risk of death. The mindset plays a role too in good or bad experiences in both mushrooms, and Auahuasca/DMT. (Not that I'm condoning it)

12. Simone G

Simone G Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1050 2GB
    This thread is a bit offtopic to the whole forum, but I will go on with the flow. I have been to an ayahuasca retreat in Brazil in 2016 and it was an interesting experience. The retreat had yoga, which I do almost every day and that is where the familiar things end. We had a ceremony where they chanted songs and we drank ayahuasca tea. I felt nausea and did some puking, but I was told this is normal because the plant cleanses my body. Other than that it was fun. We had long walks in the jungle and the beautiful beaches. I think we will probably go again in a year or two. The retreat we went to is called the spirit vine ayahuasca retreat center. I heard there are some awesome retreats in Peru too. Like Kapitari, which Phragmeister mentioned.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Just my (likely unpopular) opinion but there's a thread about weed and now (necro'd) this.

Does Guru3D really condone use and discussion of hallucinogenic substances?
    This is a tech forum, not drug one.

Even the drinking thread "vanished" and rightly so, imo.

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070

Ever heard of Stanislav Grof and his works with LSD?

15. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    so you go to a pub where you can't talk about beer, weed, boobs, politics, ...?

Dragondale13 and alanm like this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Well this ain't a real pub is it ;)

There's a time and place for everything and I feel this isn't the place to talk drugs.

But like said my opinion only.

airbud7 likes this.
  17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I think it is better if people can talk about it. Especially when misuse from not understanding risks can have drastic and lasting effects on mind/perception.

But I think that there are much better forums than our for discussion on chemical composition and effects + risks.
    Here, if someone wants to have surface talk, I think it is just OK. Nobody sharing manual on "How to..." . Or promoting use...

But it should be noted, that in our commercial world things are legal not based on health effects, but ability of corporations to control substance creation. And ability of government to tax it.

Personally, Drinking alcohol is not best for us, but not extremely harmful unless drank in insane levels.
    Tobacco, that's very harmful substance. There is severe risk of birth defects if pregnant woman smokes. Likelihood that it will kill you in nasty way is pretty high too. Yet legal.

Dragondale13 and airbud7 like this.
  18. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I'd like to try this as well but in a controlled environment, by myself with a few days to kill.
    Can't handle anyone freaking out around me if my skin turns purple with yellow polka dots. :D
    Or I puke out an alien parasite that's been blocking my chakra points and I become the Star Child. :cool::cool::cool:
    Or if I simply die, not so cool. :D

I've read through "The Teachings Of Don Juan" 1 & 2, familiar with the late Terrance McKenna's work and some other stuff, so kind of have an idea.

But it may never happen, just optimistic thinking. :)

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Actually controlled environment means that there has to be someone competent with you. Certain failed experiments may lead to temporary paralysis. It's not funny to be 2 days out.

Dragondale13 likes this.
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Huh ... I'm not even a drinker but why on earth was that thread hidden? Weird.