Movies Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by hallryu, Dec 3, 2011.

1. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Use to back 20+ years.

Watched Interstellar, not bad 8/10.

Also watched The Breakfast Club, still a good movie today.

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    [​IMG]

I must say I found you disappointing. I mean your incompetence. You left enought clues to sink a ship.

[​IMG]

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Love Columbo.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    So i watched Seventh Son yesterday, i had such high hopes for that movie but it was quiet a letdown. :(

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I watch it too, thought it was a big let down. Really disappointed. That old dude looks like the witcher too.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I didn't hate TTOE, just thought the film could of done more with the source material, and relied more on the acting that the actual script.

As for Interstellar, that is essentially Chris Nolan films, especially these days.
    Makes me want to go back and rewatch Memento and Insomnia.

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Inception is good, but is not about dreams within dreams or any of the stuff which goes on in the action part of the film; it's about a man coming to terms with the death of his wife. The actual heist of the film is tacked on to allow the character a framework to deal with the loss of his wife.

In contrast...

Interstellar is about how mankind will survive past a harvest blight which has ruined the planet earth's ecology. Tacked onto that is a man who is trying to stop his daughter from crying when he is recruited to save the earth.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Saw an older movie yesterday, Man on Fire (2004). Quite enjoyed it.

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I saw Furious 7 yesterday, I liked it, even though was a bit underwhelming.

You can really tell Paul Walker didn't nearly film "70% of his scenes" before his death, there were several awkward scenes where you could tell it CGI'ed or that it just didn't make much sense, they clearly had to rewrite and rethinks some parts.

The fight scenes were great, especially the Rock and Statham one, the movie should have had a lot more of that! The car chases were also good but they could have done with less CGI here. I didn't mind the over-the top action as some others did, but it was at times indeed a bit too stretched out. :p

Overall, I would have preferred a MUCH bigger focus on the Deckard Shaw and his revenge plot, which was probably the idea of the movie from the start, but after the tragedy that struck with Paul's death, they tried their best to make a good "send-off" for his character.

I still would have killed him off in the movie, by the hand of Deckard Shaw of course. I really don't think it would have been in "bad taste" and it would have made the Toretto - Shaw family war so much more intense...

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I saw Furious 7, not once but twice! I quite enjoyed the movie. Reason for seeing it twice was due to the tragic loss of Paul Walker.

Still cannot believe he is dead. It kept me thinking, if he did not pass away, what would have been different about the movie? What did they change? How would it have ended? Would it have been better originally or was it worse after so much editing...

Although there were several over the top/ridiculous scenes, I liked the acting/performance and the story was interesting....

Do you think they'll be a part 8? I think there will be since the F & F franchise has made millions and millions. Although a main character is missing, they can still carry on and continue the story.

That said, since Paul is missing, the rest of the cast may refuse to continue with the story, respect for him in other words.

A continuation for the movie is fairly easy. They could have Jason Stratham escape from Prison and come back after Vin Diesel, his crew & Dwayne Johnson for revenge...

Paul Walker's character doesn't need to appear in the movie. Another member of his Crew could simply mention Paul is away with the family...

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Vin Diesel already said that FF8 will be set in New York and that there will be a "Brian's brother" character. But yeah, if Paul wouldn't have died I think Furious 7 would have been much more revenge focused, as in the family war I described in my previous post. But due to tragedy, the last minutes of the film were pretty much just a tribute for an actor.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    There's going to be at least 2 more movies in the franchise. There was a leak reported a few days ago that Lucas Black is contracted for 2 additional movies after his cameo in Fast 7.

As for the movie itself, i really liked it.

the send off for Paul Walker's character was done really well. I liked the part where he finally admitted to Mia that her tuna sandwiches were bad lol.

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    That's great to hear, thanks for the info Phaze.

Do you think Stratham's character will return? Given the current ending of F & F 7 he could always break out of prison like they always do...

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm 99.9% sure Statham's character will be the villain in at least another movie.

15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    He should be. Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) also had quite a small role in this movie.

I'm sure he'll play a bigger part in the next one.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah, especially since the fight between The Rock and Statham was one of the best parts of the movie.

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I just watched Hot Tub Time Machine 2 with my friends, 8/10 hilarious movie.

Really can't believe how underrated it is on iMDB...
    Lately all comedies get rated so low even when they're pretty good and funny.

18. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    I think it's mostly due to everyone's sense of humour being a bit different and something that you found funny isn't necessarily the same that tickles the critics funny bone.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Just watched insurgent, really enjoyed the movie.

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Overrated garbage.
    I was cringing due to embarrassment through the entire film

- Can you help him?
    - He didn't come for help. He came for permission.

[​IMG]