Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Why bother with DirectX 12? Aren't you guys excited about Vulkan?

2. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Boring boring gimmicky FreeSync and yet no DSR/VSR support for 1600p yet.
    Hell doesn't even work for us on 1440p and that's in the listed resolution page.

Get it together AMD.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  3. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    We're excited about low level API's. Period.

4. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    General performance will never change as long as the holy trinity architecture(RAM>CPU>GPU) still exists in it's current format.

This is why things like Pascal from Nvidia are going to be hot, if they pull it off - and I really hope AMD is taking it seriously.

All the API improvements in the world will not help you compete with a huge leap forward such as that.

5. Dalby

Dalby Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon 5650
    First of all thank you for working weekends and taking notice of this issue.

Check your PM for the DXDIAG and bootlog.

As FunkyMike wrote, the situation with Windows 10 is not good since the driver from windows update gets installed during installation, and you don't even get to boot into the OS before it bootloops. Also safe mode cannot be entered because the system has not run it's "Setting things up for you" yet.

That problem is being discussed here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d/42923435-0515-49db-a30b-e607a60303db?page=1

You have to understand that the bootloop is also happening on
    Windows 8.1, and therefore this is not a problem caused by Windows 10 still being in development.

In the PM you will see that I gave you a DXDIAG from Windows 10, and one from Windows 7. The reason why I gave you one from Windows 7 for comparison is because the bootloop does not happen on there.
    I've also sent along a bootlog from Windows 10, if that can somehow shed some light on why the bootloop happens.

Please return to me as soon as you have any info, as I represent at least 100 users over at the MS forum who have also had this problem for over half a year.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...tlooping/5d8dea79-194d-4f42-a0a6-8eb3893175ab

Thanks in advance

6. TorrentG2

TorrentG2 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2 GB OC
  7. blackdog62

blackdog62 Member

GPU:
    2 Gigabyte R9 290X
    They work great for me as well. What makes me laugh is those that get all pissy and say they are going to the green team for better support and drivers. That's right, the forums over at EVGA and Zotac, etc are nearly empty because their gpus and drivers work so well....wait....oh my god there's hundreds of pages filled with people with problems with the same games and sli. Also if you buy a 2014 vehicle and the 2015 comes with more/better options do you call up the car company and bitch that the 2015 has what your 2014 doesn't and demand they put it in...no. Some of you need to grow up! I've owned many gpu's from both vendors and problems are inherant with both. I would agree that there is a bit too big of a gap between driver releases with AMD but that's about my only real issue with them.

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    As you should. AMD/ATI cards always had beastly hardware. Sometimes I imagine a world where your hardware is combined with NVIDIAs driver team and Intel's CPU processes (imagine a 14nm gpu :3eyes: ).

But then I wake up and I realize that if such a monster ever existed it would give us tech by the drop and by the 1000$ bill :nerd:

9. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    That's because the D3D11 performance is so crippled compared to Nvidia to start with. We live in the D3D11 era for now so better do something about it. Closing threads that approach the issue is not solving anything.

10. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    I am not sure a $400-$500gpu purchase every year or 2 qualifies me as a millionaire. Maybe a hundredaire.. But if it does were all screwed and I feel bad for all those billionaires with multi gpu setups... Lets hope uncle same doesn't catch wind on the new tax forms or audit past years.

And just because they spoke on something which was not a feature at cards launch that they might implement doesn't mean it is going to happen. They only features you can get up in arms about honestly are features that the cards came with initially since that is what you were purchasing. Plus MS moved up drastically win10 which pulled quite a bit of resources that companies were not expecting.

Oh and just because something is supported doesn't mean it gets improvement's. The broken things are because its on old architecture where as the newer architecture gets the grease. Use the older drivers if you are so dissatisfied with the new ones as that is why they are still around.

The people who have the beef are who uses crossfire and have to have the updates from amd.

11. FearME

FearME Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    will this work for enduro system ?

12. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I say developers should just code for vulkan cause then they can attract people multiple operating systems. This makes me excited. Just imagine having another operating system and get the same level or even better performance than on windows. Won't that be great for gaming. I know there's some people that don't like windows and rather use linux now

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    This right here will make SteamOS take off.
    Im very close to just putting steamOS on my mini itx media pc and launch KODI through steam for movies.
    And I hope it does. I want Microsoft to sweat and really improve things.
    Windows 8.1 is actually a fantastic OS.
    But having 1 major API that is not really been improved since 2006 other then some tack on features is rather sad.
    OpenGL has always been nice but barely used other then a few games using
    ID tech engines.
    Its about time we have options.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Frostbyte is adding Vulkan, as is Oxide.

that should be good start.

Dont forget though, the game itself needs to be ported to linux.

15. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    I'm pretty happy with this driver release !!! Able to push a lil bit further to 1140/1500, and FireStrike score 11172, very stable in Shadow of Mordor which previously very sensitive to gpu oc. Thx!!!

16. mustrum

mustrum Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    ED runs well on AMD hardware. This driver made performance (subjectively) better.

17. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Anyone tested this driver with Project Cars? I get really good GPU usage compare to 14.12.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also get similar improvement in AC:Unity.

18. Bezzie

Bezzie Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7870 Ghz Edition
    it floors me, how much people cry over a beta driver. its Amazing....

Here do something for yourself how about you go to www.amd.com and submit a bug report and put it urgent. Yes its that easy, Not to mention your bitching at AMD when they have such a small team working on pleasing everyone when they've been handicapped by PAID false media information that Nvidia/Intel is better yet they have problems too some worse than AMD

19. Bezzie

Bezzie Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7870 Ghz Edition
    It's because D3D11 was optimized for Nvidia/Intel the whole time with single core threading, where as AMD has ALWAYS been a Multicore / Thread company (and lacked hard cause of it) now that DirectX 12 can use more than one thread AMD performance gains are going to be HUGE! Lets just hope that they can get their how to do manual optimized and easier for developers.

20. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    How many frames do you get now in AC unity compared to the omega driver?