Windows 10 Build 10041 Live

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    There is no charms bar. Everything is now baked into a new Settings app that actually isn't bad.

2. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I just wasted a day I think.

Was updating to build 10041 and then suddenly on restart said something went wrong, and now I have a 10gb recovery folder, and still not updated. When I goto the update option, it says windows is upto date.

I think I should download the 10041 image posted earlier.

Update - So my Install.esd which I pulled out to make an image is around 2.31GB and the image is 2.68GB, but the image posted by ESD HERO (Extraordinary) is 3.33GB. Is this an incomplete file or something?
    From the description during image creation, I'm sure its 10041.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that iso image is to small not even windows 7 image is that small

4. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    only if you chose compressed .esd instead of standard install.wim

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea I chose the Install.WIM ISO, if you chose the ESD method it will be a lot smaller as it's massively compressed

6. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    My Windows 7 Slipstream Image is 894MB :p

Anyway thanks for confirmation guys!

7. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Is the mandatory UEFI/Secure Boot only for OEMs? Seems the Linux community is up in arms that new hardware that ships with Win10 will lock out installation of any other OS if it's not got a signed bootloader and SecureBoot can't be disabled?

8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    hey guys,

does anyone an issue with ea origin saying your offline in games but logged in fine to the origin client?

fifa 15 does this sadly, win 10 added some major fps boosts here and there but this problem is annoying

9. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Using Classic Shell here to with the new build. I love startisback, I have the 5 key version of it. Worth the $5 I spent. Just have to wait as they lag behind classic shell with the 10 builds and compatibility.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There has to be a method for disabling SecureBoot, even on OEM systems. Tablets are the only acception.

Yes, MS does require SecureBoot to be active on systems shipped by OEMs with Windows pre-installed.

MS has already been told that they can not do anything to prevent competing OS's from being installed on desktop PCs. Court order. If they require that SecureBoot can't be disabled, they violate previous Anti-Trust rulings against them.

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    7'' and smaller tablets they can because licensing is free for those devices. Bigger tablets that require a paid oem license falls in the category of laptops and desktops that can have another OS put on them.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Install.WIM for build 10014 just leaked, supposedly has the new Spartan browser included, although extracting the WIM I don't see it anywhere, unless it is still named IE

13. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
  14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The version of the one in the leak is 11.0.10014.0, and WZor have been posting screenshots of Spartan from that build

I just found this on twitter to enable Spartan, not sure if it's only for the xxx14 build

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.spartan_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Spartan\Experimental]
    "EnableCustomTitleBar"=dword:00000001

https://twitter.com/rlinev/status/578829306127904769

EDIT - Here's the install.wim if you fancy modding an ISO
    https://mega.co.nz/#!otBHmIzI!gm6uHeft0sGQYkQaSj5kNQhX7aWiNVlJ56dwc8KCKZ0

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  15. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Is there any difference in performance in these early builds?

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I haven't tried this latest 10014, just grabbed that install.wim to see if it was real, and I always install them into VMWare anyway, so not really much way to tell, 10041 seems to be the best to date for me, I think this build was only leaked so people could try out Spartan

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm not sure if the court order covers any tablets since they didn't really exist at the time of the order. I just know they can't require SecureBoot to be permanently enabled on desktops and laptops. There has to be a way to disable SecureBoot on any desktop and laptop, whether it be OEM or custom built. Most people aren't changing the OS on their tablet anyway.

18. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The order was based on paid license, not form factor. Per Microsoft's requirements for Windows the device does not require any form of payment for the OS if it is 7" or smaller.

http://arstechnica.com/information-...ke-the-secure-boot-alt-os-lock-out-a-reality/

At this point however, it is out of Microsoft's hands and in the hands of the OEM's.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If OEM's decide to ignore previous court rulings, MS and the OEMs may see more than just negative press..... Glad I don't buy pre-builts....

20. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The court order as far as I know only affects machines sold in the EU region, not the US.

What is the service for Onedrive call in services in msconfig? I want to turn it off! It's annoying and we block OneDrive anyway!