Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    By the way your acting I don't think you can handle the truth. And its nice of you to say that he didn't design the drivers. He is nothing more than a PR arm and has no real effect on the actual drivers. But people are talking to him like he is somehow vital to the driver dev team. AMD is a multi-billion dollar company with thousands of employees.

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    How is it ok to take a feature away? Really? He probably has a problem with it, since it works ok here, but the reasoning that some of the people in here use is beyond me.

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I generally dont get involved in xfire complaints because im not running it.

if its an issue that effects single cards and xfire, yes, i get involved.

I own the hardware, i have a right to deabte.

That having been said, i do forget sometimes and when reminded, i do shut up.

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I can't handle being told that we're gonna have performance increases, new features, support for new games, and then one by one we end up to square zero.

I have no problem with square zero, if they don't tell me from the start that it's gonna be square zero. Promising and not delivering, cutting off whole ranges of hardware from features heavily implied upon by just a small sentence in a forum, that's the kind of **** I can't take. Tell me straight that I won't be properly supported so that I can go f*ck myself quietly, not this on/off b*llsh*t happening all the time in here.

AMD is a big company, and the job of the community manager is to manage the community, so it is an important position. AMDMatt is helpful, but I guess he is quite limited in what he can and he cannot say. I hope he gets the message to people above that honesty is important, like in every relationship :eek:uch:

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i am defending nothing, i am simply explaining how the tech works to people who clearly are ignorant on the subject.

The reason my panties arent in a bunch because I dont have 4K VSR is simply because i understand how the tech works and dont expect my hardware to suddenly be upgraded through a software driver.

If you want to continue to be angry not being able to run the new shiny because you have old hardware, knock yourself out.

Its been explained.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  6. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    I always use DDU when updating drivers, did it this time as well but still having this issue

7. Sketche

Sketche Guest

GPU:
    R9 295x2 + 290X
    Weird issue playing FC4.

In the initial scene, if I look around in toward the building by FPS dips from 60fps to 40ish.

If I go windowed so only one GPU is in use, I get about 40FPS constant and no dips no matter where I look.

When I look inwards the GPU usage drops massively too from 100% on each gpu to like 30 on one and 40 on the other. The hell is happening...?

8. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Simply put ,another bad implementation of mgpu ,try AFR friendly and see how it goes.

9. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    To ask an almost absurd question if these drivers don't work why just don't you revert to an older driver? Because its gone on amd's website doesn't mean its gone. There are literally hundreds of them here on guru3d. I mean its a solution which would take time away from your ranting, but it may solve your problem if a previous version was working.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-categories/videocard-drivers.html

10. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Try BF4.exe profile

11. Sketche

Sketche Guest

GPU:
    R9 295x2 + 290X
    Just tried it. Better usage, but noticeable flickering.

12. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
  13. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    nice cherry picking, too bad pretty much every game I'm playing at the moment doesn't have a crossfire profile and I have to downscale my games manually because coding an option in CCC is so much work

14. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    No, let me get this straight, a feature that worked for years has stopped working all of a sudden, and that's one of 100 things with AMD drivers, I'm done with this crap.

need some tool here, some other tool there
    cant force vsync here
    lod
    pre render
    flickering
    shimmering
    hiccups
    fps drops
    old games worked way better years ago than now
    absolutely nothing has changed with their drivers, NOTHING
    half this forum is full of it, so im not the only one, and yes people come here to complain, but then many more aren't here and have issues for sure..

15. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    Now let me get this straight.. You want drivers to be optimized for games through your getting on 2rd gen old gpu and not the new ones. Much less the os/DX they were being written for. That is why the older drivers still exist when the drivers were being optimized for those. Current drivers are not being optimized for that anymore, and have not been for years. Architecture changes and improves over previous generations and then the drivers change. Use the old ones its the same with amd and NVidia with older gpu's. Otherwise buy a new one. There is complaining and there is being realistic. I have had multiple NVidia and Amd/ATI gpu's and have honestly not have a problem I couldn't work through with different drivers. Though I update gpu's within a year or 2 like clockwork so they are updating what I have. NVIDIA and AMD aren't like Microsoft and support/improve things for 5-10yrs.

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    It just a guess,
    If you're connected to your monitor with HDMI, it could be a scaling issue.

set your windows resolution to the VSR you wanted and see if you can adjust the scaling via CCC.

17. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Personally my only gripe about the drivers, is that I cant make custom eyefinity resolutions.
    If I could force 1280x1050 on my 5:4 side monitors so that I could run 4456x1050 with my 1680x1050 middle monitor, Id be very happy.

I tried making custom resolutions with CRU, and that works on each monitor, and even CCC says my max res for each monitor with VSR off is 1680x1050.
    But when I create an eyefinity group, it uses the EID info and I end up with 4456x1024 for bezel correction resolution.

Ive even gotten 4k 30HZ to work on my 22 inch with CRU on my 290 over HDMI.
    Using downsampling on older games is just plain freaking awesome.
    Playing Shift 2 with SweetFX @ 7680x2160 res is just plain awesome at still getting 4-50fps on a single gpu.

I personally havent had any driver issues for a long time since my HD 3870 had install issues on windows 7.

I didnt have any with my 7950 crossfire recently.
    I didnt expect Assetto Corsa, or Project Cars to have Xfire profiles
    as both were not released when I had crossfire.
    I personally miss my 7950's. They still are great gpus. Sadly one of them died.

18. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Excuse us, millionaire guy that can trow money at new hardware left and right.
    We were PROMISED improvements for ALL the GCN cards (that includes all the 7000 series and the 2xx series), yet, the drivers did NOTHING in that regard. Not only that, the list of broken stuff is higher the the list of fixed problems.

Our cards (7xxx series) are "old" yes, but are supported.
    And new games should be optimized for them. Because the ARE supported in the drivers.

This post proves that you don't know what you are talking about.

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    please post sources of said promises so we can all stop argueing...

20. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Repeating this for the sake of repeating it:

Uh huh. Not exactly a promise per say, but it sure is a let down in communication. Can you even admit that? I bet you can't. Dude was asked several times about this in this post, and he ignored it. Several times.

I can already guess how you'll respond to this, though, The Mac. Probably some thin justification of it, acting satisfied yourself at best, angry at anyone at all for complaining even the little bit slightest at worst, for some reason, being unable to provide any sort of critique toward AMD, and instead call all complaints "whining".