Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    the frame limiter is around, it was in the 15.2 leak.

it will show up eventually.

In the mean time, Radeon Pro works great for both DFC, and Dynamic Vsync.

And no, they never promised GCN. 1.0 would get it, only the R series.

Since i dont know the technical specifications of the scaler in the 70xx series, i cant comment what needs to be done.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  2. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Why do you do this? I've seen you on several forums doing this. Constantly, whenever says anything negative about AMD, your reaction is negative apathy at best, and coy defense at worst. What's your angle here? Because, dude, you do it CONSTANTLY and not on just one forum!

In any event, it's going to be real interesting when (or if) the 280/280X gets the support, and a lot of us are proven right and how you react to it. Probably won't say anything. (Like how people kept saying this last driver'd be late, and you kept reacting with righteous indignation at everyone who said anything negative to that effect, and when it DID happen, you just went "eh" and looked away.)

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i dislike people complaining over and over again about the same thing, it drives me crazy.

and i don't consider less than 24 hours being late. They said the 19th, and it was within an acceptable window (to me). Hense, you colorful description of my reaction.

I am not defending anything, i just take what people say at face value.

Presupposing people are lying without a shred of proof is just wrong and i feel the need to call it out when discovered.

If it turns out that a FULLY software solution is necessary to implement VSR on the 280 amd they dont backport it, i will accept that as well.

Having a deeper understanding of the underlying technologies involved in all this stuff due to my field of expertise gives me a different take on a lot of these complaints.

In the same vein, I could also ask why you make the same complaints on multiple boards?

4. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    Nice and stable driver.
    +20p in Firestrike
    +8 fps in Thief (mantle)
    For me also smooth and stable in:
    DAI (mantle)
    CivBE (mantle)
    Shadow of Mordor
    Saints Row IV
    Skyrim (hi res mods)
    (I don't remember performance in earlier drivers.)
    I can buy FS monitor now without concerns :)

People incoming from NV lately, should remember about that, that AMD has no resources like NV. AMD is preparing completely new driver for incoming HBM cards, and also must make best possible drivers for Win10. Main reason for this driver iteration is FreeSync support. Of Course everyone would like candy - like new functions for old cards, but it is not great time for this.

5. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    So, like, are you just going to ignore all the people asking about your statement in regards to the single card benefits you mentioned would be added a good while back? Notice you've kept ignoring that when requested.

6. TorrentG2

TorrentG2 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2 GB OC
    I am thoroughly convinced that NVIDIA and probably AMD too (I don't look at NVIDIA forum often), have paid agents as advertising reps on here. You know, guy from NVIDIA says AMD stuff works like junk and vice-versa. lol

Wow, talk about making problems out of nothing. lol

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    AMDmatt works for AMD, so i guess in a way you are right.

lol

8. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    BF4 memory leak still exists as I started to have it regularly after the 15.3 beta release.

read

so its all lies and lies .....

if anyone from AMD can confirm that?

9. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Nah the mac has one card, so he gets upset and doesn't understand when people who paid $1000-$2000 to have multiple cards get upset when they don't work or when we have to wait 4 months for support. It's understandable, yet if his card works so great it kind of begs the question why he is in here reading about peoples problems in the beta driver thread don't it?

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Can you please use your deeper understanding of underlying technologies to tell me what's the R & D cost for AMD to support custom resolutions in their driver? Last time I checked it was a guy in Visual Studio for 30 minutes.

As for complaining, it is apparently our only way of getting anything out of AMD. Do I need to remind you of the CPU optimization thread? In there, there were a lot of people like you telling us how everything is fine, and yet now they had to hire a person to do specifically that.

Why do you keep defending them so much?

EDIT: Let me add this wonderful picture from the FirePro driver that already has the setting:

[​IMG]

It was taken from this post, of this awesome thread.

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Looks like he will.

It's just sad.

12. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Sure seems that way. I'll at least not relent on the issue till he at least acknowledges someone, otherwise, dude kind of straight up lied at worst, and was flat out told lies and repeated them at best.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Not bad at all :D

It works fine for me still, on Win 7 Pro. 64bit.

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I hope it's the latter, because, I like how Matt works with the community.
    Maybe they need to be better managed internally between the incompetent driver team and him.

15. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Alright, so I did the thing on the AMD site and it told me to install 14.12, ok fine.
    Now I can't use centred timing anymore, I need this for certain old games because my monitor has crappy OSD options and does not 1:1, now I can't play a game because of that, can't even deactivate the gpu scale, it reverts back to enabled, this on a side note.

I'm done with this AMD shi.t, last card for sure.

:peeright: AMD :peeleft:

Will try the beta tomorrow, if that does not help revert back to 13.12 or so, jezus. :infinity::bang: :stewpid:

16. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I imagine that's the case. I'd like to believe that, anyways. However, him directly ignoring it is super troubling :/

17. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    To be fair, I don't believe it's his fault. The torrent of crap from upwards must be difficult to handle. I actually admire the way he manages to stay calm and carry on, I will be very happy if he manages to transfer all of the sentiment in here to people in AMD that might be able to change things.

The most important thing: Don't joke with us, tell us the truth, we are big boys, we can handle it.

18. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    my VSR stuff doesn't work anymore guys, help ?
    worked perfectly fine with 14.x Omega drivers, it filled the whole screen completely...

but now it does this... you can see it doesn't utilize the whole screen

[​IMG]

19. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    So let me get this straight.. you upgraded drivers because everything was working normally and then a feature was taken away.. and its to difficult to go back to a older driver? You will have this experience with either vendor.. Look at the driver lists here on guru3d.com you can dl and go back to whatever you want to. That's on you.

20. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    1) Uninstall the drivers from the control panel. Don't restart.

2) Run Display Driver Uninstaller, let it restart you in Safe Mode.

3) Clean the AMD drivers, and restart into normal mode.

4) Install the 15.3 drivers, restart.

You should be ok, since DDU also deletes/cleans any previous monitors and the drivers that might be attached to them.