Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Of course I will that is the only thing I see. With 280x and i7 4770K that game shouldn't stutter unless gameworks stuff is on.

2. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Read my long post a page back as to why VSR is still important, even with old GPUs.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I did tho mention old games which was the only thing that really made any sense. Else VSR hmmh is ok feature.

4. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I'm very glad to hear that the corporate speaks with their people and clients with fair language...

The LENIN's views was heard and speaks off...from the corporate employee...nice :)

PS. OR...it's a fkng trap and we all doomed !!!

5. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Except I just didn't mention old games.

6. Greglaz120

Greglaz120 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280 3 GB
    If you think creatively, you can use even 4K in a today's game, and then use 30 fps like the consoles to enjoy these kind of games, that goes well at 30 fps with a controller.It may be just me here who is used to both PC and consoles, but i wouldn't have any problem 30 fps a game in 4K.I know my previous card could easily do it in 4K (660 Ti) so this one can.It's not a sin to go 30 fps on PC you know.Yes i would lower some settings too as well if needed.It's all within the plan.

I'm mostly 1440p but 4K is sometimes in my book too.That's being creative.I know i will never have 4K with 280 but still....it's a fine way to abuse the power of this card even at 1440p.I can't imagine the difference that i will get compare to what i had before.If the weaker GPU that i had did it even in 4K, so this one can MUCH more easily.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  7. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    i am sorry but it is not.. the 7970 will not be able to run 4k at good frames, if u want 4k or 8k on old tech it is better to use gedosato

fermi from nvidia got dsr but frankly it is useless

8. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Yet another great driver no issues with anything for me. I honestly think you guys simply don't read directions from amd themselves on how to uninstall/install drivers properly. Btw nowhere does amd say to use ccc or any other 3rd party program. Regardless great drivers keep up the good work amd.

9. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Thank you. :)

10. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Hi AMDMatt,

Hope you are not overworking yourself on this fine Saturday morning ; ).

The above mentioned issue has actually become worse than Dalby describes.

Windows 10 10041 actually gets destroyed by the new AMD driver causing a bootloop which occurs prior to even being able to choose safe mode!

Making a recovery from this condition not possible.

Previously the issue was fairly serious but users were still able to recover on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

Hopefully you can kick this up the chain of command!

Here is a thread with this issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d/42923435-0515-49db-a30b-e607a60303db?page=1

Again this affects configurations with Intel HD first gen + Mobility HD 5xxx.

kind regards!

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I concur. Every game I've thrown at this set so far has seen a relatively small performance improvement over the Omega and press releases I was running previously. Every little helps though right?

Good work AMD. I'm happy enough.

12. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    It wouldn't be "better" to use GeDoSaTo. It'd be the freaking same, only you'd not have to run one extra program to do it. Likewise, GeDoSaTo only works with DX9 titles. You're like missing the point here entirely, and I explained it all in detail earlier.

The bigger issue is you can't downsample. Downsampling existed on Nvidia hardware well before DSR, and it still exists separate from it now. (it's just a streamlined way to do it.) and there's ALWAYS a use for that. Even something from ages ago has reasons to downsample.

Quite frankly, it's kind of a bullcrap reason to just immediately dismiss something like that.

13. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Thank you both for bringing this to my attention. As it's the weekend everyone is off, but i will report this issue on Monday to see if we're aware of it.

Obviously Windows10 has not been officially released yet, but we still take this seriously. I know we're continuing to release Windows 10 drivers so hopefully this can be fixed either by ourselves or Microsoft.

If either of you suffering from the issue could attach a DXDIAG.TXT file to a download site so i can report the issue, that would be a great help.

14. mustrum

mustrum Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    This driver fixed the "display go into standby until hardreboot) issue i had with the last drivers (last one that worked was 14.9).
    Great experience so far!

15. wzrd

wzrd New Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD7970 3Gb
    If the flash BIOS R9-280X to HD7970, can I use VSR and others features R9-280X? Now i use this bios techpowerup.com/vgabios/150393/asus-r9280x-3072-130916-1.html (with disabled turbo boost) on this videocard asus.com/Graphics_Cards/HD7970DC2T3GD5/

16. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    interesting. I thought the r9 280x is just a re-branded 7970? So it's not just a complete re-branded card right?

so been playing with the graphics settings on Far cry 4 and geometry detail when set to low my fps skyrocket but on ultra it tanks my fps. This is with everything else on ultra except msaa, ssao fur and all nvidia settings. I went through all settings turning every setting to ultra 1 by 1 and geometry was the one that will make my cards run at 50-60% each. So I tried everything ultra but geometry on low and my fps is higher but yeah with my current cards running this on ultra without msaa and ssao will still be demanding cause we all know far cry doesn't have the best engine performance wise

17. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Thank you for the fast response Matt!

I am sure Dalby will be able to give you a copy of DXDIAG from an earlier driver. Or maybe a DXDIAG report from right before the driver reboots into the bootloop since it is hard to obtain a report from a non working Windows OS ;).

Fortunately my device is not affected by this bug since I do not share the affected specs. However I do like to point out such issues seeing how our little leshcatlabs community receives a lot of reports from this affected group of PXAI Intel HD first gen + Mobility 5xxx laptop users!

18. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I was using custom resolutions and DSR on my GTX480 for lots of games - not everyone wants VSR for the latest and greatest power hungry games, and not every ones VSR so they can go strait for the super high resolutions.
    -
    Frankly, I'm more disappointed that there is still no force adaptive vsync option in the drivers, i'd take that over VSR right now..

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Nope, same GPU. Just a different PCB and BIOS.

20. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Ok. that's nice to know. Thanks