Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    As i said above guys, we're working on exploring our options to bring VSR to the R9 270/280, this includes the 'X' versions. :)

To the best of my knowledge, SMAA does not work with multi gpu setups, so this is normal.

Good to hear. :)

2. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AmpExtreme
    With eyefinity, or a 4k monitor you´d need CFX...

Did CFX at this game "work" or did it work better than with one card?

3. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    what surprises me the most that ppl here are waiting for a chance to play UBISOFT games properly..

not gonna happen

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Which game, Dying Light?

Single card worked better for me. With a few tweaks and minor optimizations it worked butter smooth for me @ 1440p, I think it was shadow I put to High and view distance 0, those were the only things I had to do, rest were maxed out.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I sometimes wonder what do people use VSR for with cards that don't have power to run it. Ok there are old games but else :eek:

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    This. Even my 280X (if i get it) will be weak to run it in new games so why bother with 270's or lower...

7. r_vi

r_vi Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO
    @AMDMatt

Can you give us highlights for single GPU users?
    Is there any performance improvements / optimizations worth mention of?
    (Especially FC4 & BF:Hardline with Single GPU)

I'm just wondering if there's any way to notice difference in performace @1440p between 14.12 and 15.3. (No, I don't have a FreeSync monitor)

8. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    But if what I've read is correct, the way it'll be handled by the 280/280X is by NOT using a scaler. It'll be a software based scaling solution. Is that not the case?

Not trying to be a jerk here, but it seems like you're using PR double speak to just state two different things, and hoping people interpret them as one. (i.e. it basically sounds like "The 7970 doesn't have the right scaler, so it's not getting it. The 280X also doesn't have the right scaler, but I just didn't say that. We'll be using another method to make it work there, but that solution won't be coming to the 7970 because ???? reasons!")

9. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hmm yeah that would suck if it is like that..

10. Priyeshbabariya

Priyeshbabariya Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP+
    I have Another Rig LOL.. With R9-280x & i7-4770K..... Don't judge on the basis of listed rig...

11. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    It's pretty much just a way to brute force AA in games that don't have it, and have no other ways to get it, older games that don't have AA/you want it to look nicer, and a way to just make "low power" games look nicer. (like, for example, Life is Strange. That's actually a newer game. I'm pretty sure a 280X could handle that at 4K or better.)

No one but insane people are wanting to run, like... brand new high end games with VSR. With Nvidia, downsampling for me (a feature I've been using since back when I had a 8800GT, well before DSR was a thing!) was just an extra way to tinker with things, and get better image quality. Especially back when early Unreal Engine 3 games had god awful AA.

I've been using GeDoSaTo to do this with DX9 games for a while now. I can freaking run SOME games at 8K, in some instances :x

It'd be so, so, so much nicer to not have to use that to do this, and it'd be nicer to be able to do with something other than DX9 stuff.

I realize it's a niche use, but it's like... a freaking basic feature Nvidia's had baked into their drivers for probably a decade now, and something AMD has seemingly not even ever really entertained until fairly recently when Nvidia decided to make it a buzzword with DSR and such. It's unfortunate if you went from one vendor to the other.

I swear, it pretty much seems like AMD only cares about something once Nvidia does it, then they're forced to care about it, and even then, they're only going to give it to their top end customers. Maybe. Possibly. At some point. Then the mid ones may or may not get it. Then everyone else can go suck on a goat, or something.

Frankly, after getting this 280X, it generally makes me fear for the long term support for the damned thing.

Seriously, look at this, this Nvidia's page on DSR, and the supported GPUs:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/supported-gpus

All the way back to the GTX 4xx series got it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  12. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    That's what I read as well.

Reminds me of AMD saying the 7750 is fast enough to enable SSAA (in DirectX 10/11) but the 6870, 6950 and 6970 aren't.

Someone posted this tool in another VSR thread. Haven't tested it myself yet.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  13. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    We're exploring additional methods to do it, that's all i know. Sorry i don't write or code drivers so i don't know exactly how we will end up doing it. All i know is that we're hoping to bring it to the R9 270/280 series of gpus.

When we bring out the phase 2 VSR driver, i will try to clarify things a little better.

14. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I'm not trying to rag on you or anything, so I'm sorry for giving you a hard time. I realize it's your job to do the PR speak. (I actually feel really, really sorry for you having to deal with all this.)

I'll honestly be surprised if I'm wrong, though :/

15. Priyeshbabariya

Priyeshbabariya Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP+
    I m going for the same even it is cost more $$$ but better support... Even Amd shut down & Nvidia is in monolpoly..... I bear that.... But can't bear this pathetic support now... :)

16. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    It's ok, PR speak is not my job. My job is community management, I'm not a PR speaker at all. I just try to relay as much useful information to our customers as possible and be on hand to help (if possible) with any issues or bugs. :)

17. Dalby

Dalby Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon 5650
    @AMDMatt

As you know every driver newer than 14.4 WHQL causes Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 systems to go into a bootloop, if the setup is Mobility Radeon 5xxx switchable with first generation Intel HD graphics.

I have been told by MS that they are working with you on the matter in this thread: answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/switchable-graphics-intelamd-bootlooping/5d8dea79-194d-4f42-a0a6-8eb3893175ab

When will this be fixed? (I'm sure the other 100 users on the MS forum are eager to find out too)

18. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz

PS. SORRY for straightness and such.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
  19. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I probably should of worded that better. I'm just glad you're here to relay anything between parties!

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Got to love when guy with a 100$ GPU wants something impossible, lol. Who the hell cares, even my 280X if i ever get VSR will be far weak to run it.