Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its shame to see that 280X users are never gonna get VSR. Not that i'm complaining though, its a 3 years old card but still...

2. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    I understand, it's annoying.

I can suggest some small tweaks that might stabilise and improve your performance in DX11 in the meantime though.

If you can tolerate vsync, enable that, and set an fps cap of 59 or 119hz depending on the refresh rate of your monitor. This will smooth out the game immensely, even in DX. If you can't tolerate input lag then disable vsync and set an fps cap of 60 or whatever. This should make the game super smooth, so long as you can maintain that fps cap.

3. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    So I guess farcry 4 Crossfire is hard to fix ,I guess a new GPU is what I need .But for now what I really need is to fix Cod:Aw crossfire it stutter like crazy in full screen but not in window mode but in window mode cf doesnt work. So what AMD should do is implement cf in window mode(borderless)
    2) Why is there no Metal gear solid ground zero Cf profile ?

4. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Farcry 4 needs lots of tweaks to work smoothly without issue, that's with using a single gpu so of course adding multi gpu (from either vendor) into the mix is going to complicate things even futher.

No profile for that game at the moment, have you tried AFR Friendly or 1x1 Optimize as custom profiles?

5. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I share your sentiment. Would be cool to have VSR with these 7950s too.

6. soulburner

soulburner Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    Weird question, probably: are these beta drivers Omegas or not Omegas?

7. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    We're exploring additional methods to bring VSR to the R9 270/280, however we won't be bringing VSR to the 7xxx series. :)

8. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AmpExtreme
    Yes, that there isn´t anything, that justifies a second GPU at the moment. FC4 is a joke,
    dying light has no active profile,
    Assetto corsa is ignored.

Apart from the BF-Games(and you know, how long that took to work properly), there is not a single game that feels better than with one GPU, even when fps are really half.
    If I´m wrong, USERS should tell me here.

What I don´t understand:

The "new driver" has feesync. And CF profiles. Nothing else. After 4 months.
    What did AMD think, people would think about this?
    If you don´t have a freesync monitor, or want to buy the most uninspired battlefield-experience ever, there is absolutely nothing really useful in this release. some games may be less flawed, but NOTHING seems to work overall properly with CFX.
    Sry, but the coincidence you are playing bf4, hardline and plants vs. zombies, i can´t take for real.
    s
    Okay, then lets put that alibi CFX-profiles aside, that at best are less flawed.

For the majority of users you have nothing? Really absolutely nothing? They wait 4 Months and get nada, nothing?? Seriously?
    Sry., i´m not pointing at you, one has to have massive testicles to justify this...
    but every complete idiot would know, that people would feel raped by this release...
    After 4 MONTHS you offer a "FREESYNC DRIVER BETA". In fact it is nothing more.
    Is this the best possible gaming experience AMD can offer after 4 months?
    Cause that´s what you told us, as the reason, why it took so long.
    Is that, what we can expect in future?

9. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Dying Light Crossfire profile is in the drivers but has been disabled because the game is not performing as intended. We're hopeful that this will be addressed by Techland in a future game patch and at which point we will active the profile.

I've addressed Farcry 4 above.

Assetto Corsa does not have a profile, yet.

10. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    What the ****? Im done with AMD.. 280x is just renamed 7970GHz so why would 7970GHz does not get VSR? Nvidia enabled supersampling on all their DX11 cards..

11. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    There are board and bios level differences between the cards. The scaler on the 7970 is not capable.

12. Greglaz120

Greglaz120 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280 3 GB
    2 years old at BEST.Yes we should have gained VSR too.Nvidia does it with 400 series with their DSR which are MORE than 4 years old cards, and they do 4K like breakfast.It doesn't matter whether they can wield 4K or not.Do they do 4K?YES.Then that's all that matters.Now i get to stuck with an AMD card that probably won't even get VSR like EVER.Yet we get limited in the very same way as with freesync.I'd rather take my GPU apart and play on last gen consoles instead, rather than having this shameless hardware equipped.I prefer ancient over limited support.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Personally, i'm not using crossfire but i'm just curious: is any way we could activate that profile on crossfire configurations, just for testing purposes?

14. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF

Ok, ok i must admit I also want to see this Claim about Nvidia is better. I don't really know if nvidia is better just by what people say and also the game is a mess. I admit nothing AMD can really do ok maybe a little but I don't know. I will accept the game is a buggy mess and I'm not being sarcastic I really mean that. i must say the optimizations of todays games are just pathetic. I hope dx12 will solve that

15. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    I understand DiceAir, at the end of the day we all want the same thing. I think we all hope DX12 can truly help unlock the power of our hardware.

16. Greglaz120

Greglaz120 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280 3 GB
    Any plans for VSR for the rest of the cards including mine?If yes i'm staying i guess.If not then i'm switching.I'd rather get ripped off by Nvidia and the pitiful 128 bits 4 GB's 960, rather than staying here with 1080p as max.

17. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    MATT, brah...WHAT ABOUT R9 280X??? please?

18. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    Ok so... don´t know why people are really impatience with the new set of drivers, we´ve been waiting only 4 months for the "not working cfx profile for FarCry4" and keep asking for a proper Dying Light profile, keep calm, next "non working cfx profile for Dying Light" will be out aprox at the end July... keep calm guys...

19. MSIOCGenie

MSIOCGenie Guest

GPU:
    2x 280X
    Did you intentionally disable SMAA for CFX configs in Far Cry 4?

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ACU is 10x better for me with the BF4.exe profile. BF4 works better, nearly every game I've played almost has CF worked, only real problem has been with FC4.

Shadow of Mordor worked well

ESO crossfire works well

A few flickering problems here and there.. but overall it's been pretty good.

I admit I want a single card, but saying nothing seems to work overall properly is maybe too much.

You don't even need cf for dying light, 1 290x is fine, the game is optimized well enough with the latest patches.

No VSR for 7000 series sucks.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015