Happy new drivers eve AMD'rs!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by brianfist, Mar 19, 2015.

1. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Because of 4 months without drivers.
    Because the big CPU overhead issues caused by the drivers.
    Because of 0 CF profiles since that time.

Nvidia isn't perfect thats for sure, but their support is great, i have to give them that :)

I just hope AMD wakes up and see that they need to pay attention to their drivers as they do with their hardware.

Its the only problem they have.
    And the worse part is, they know that for a decade, and never improved.

This 4 months were the worse months for AMD clientes ever.
    Either this driver brings a damn big changelog that i need to destroy my finger scrolling for improvements, or i will be so, but so disappointed.
    I don't use CF, but i if i had i would be so much pissed off, that i garantee you, that i would never would buy an AMD product again, and would recomend the same for other people.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You guys raging against AMD are almost as funny as those blindly defending it

If we managed to endure almost 4 months without a new driver, what's few more hours?
    Or even an entire day... or two (god forbid)

3. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    It's not that. After almost 4 months the 15.3.1 leaked "for the press" comes with the same Direct3D version that came with the Omega. WTF.

4. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    :) the problem is not waiting for more 24 hours or 2 days.

The problem was this 4 entire months for CF users, and for people like me affected by the CPU overhead, while i see people with the same specs as me and a same level nvidia GPU getting more from his CPU than i am because of the AMD drivers.

Thats the problem.

2 more days wouldn't kill me, but seeing the actual state of nvidia drivers, it breaks my heart seeing the actual driver state of AMD :/

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    A lot of people here say that they would go NVIDIA no matter what. That's a kind of a reverse fanboi I guess.
    The last time I tried to SLi/Crossfire anything was with a pair of GeForce 8800GTs. Never again, unless they find a magic way so that the two cards appear as a single cluster. NVIDIA might have some better SLi support (which I doubt), but in single card land things are more or less the same between the vendors.
    NVIDIA is much faster with driver updates lately, AMD used to have more AA options and frame pacing settings in the driver first, so unless things remain like this, then it's just another phase.
    What I really don't understand from AMD is how they let a guy like John Matauri go over and work for that atrocious Raptr thing, instead of snatching him there and then. Just imagine a Catalyst release with the capabilities of RadeonPro, and add in it the extra tweaking/performance stuff that could be done since he would have access to driver code directly.
    The guy put Adaptive Vsync, SMAA, FXAA, Ambient Occlusion, Forced Triple Buffering, Frame Limiters, SweetFX integration, you name it and he did it all by HIMSELF.
    Imagine all that **** being in CCC, with the proper interface and per app profiles on a driver level.

6. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    My next GPU will be Nvidia and it will be for May.

7. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    That my friend, is what i do want.
    But i don't know how the hell is leading the AMD team that is so damn blind that don't see that.

I am pretty sure, Matauri would love to integrate that on their drivers..
    But.. noooo......

I think all of them are completely lost inside of AMD, its completely bad organized, i don't know wth is going on there.

8. rgabriel15

rgabriel15 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 1GB GDDR5
    Is the final version of 15.3.1 supposed to support HD6000 series and Windows 7?

9. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Just be sure to take that ''beast'' GTX 960 or GTX 970 3,5 GB edition :nerd:

10. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    Ofcourse, but I doubt we will see much improvement.

11. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    amdmatt says not out today

12. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
  13. Spenty

Spenty Guest

GPU:
    Titan X @ 1500/8000
    D e l a y e d

14. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
  15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    TBH dunno,
    but Win8 is more than worthy because of CPU and sound improvements alone

16. Greglaz120

Greglaz120 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280 3 GB
    I find a lot of disturbing things about AMD.First of all, what Nvidia does, AMD does it the other way around.Nvidia needs built-in hardware in the GPU to make shadowplay work.Nvidia doesn't need specific hardware to let you do even 4K.Yeah....even a 550 Ti can do 4K.I'm pretty sure they could have implemented DSR into 400 series too.Guess they didn't because they are too ancient anymore.Now what AMD does.

AMD needs built-in technology for their VSR, but they don't need something specific for Raptr ''no performance cost'' recording program.See?The exact opposite.Now the most laughable part.

AMD responds to Nvidia's DSR with VSR.Nice response.Just 4 cards supporting VSR, and from all 4 cards, 2 of them happens to have 4 GB's Vram,not to mention 295X2 with 8 gigs which is the third card lol, while the little brother (the 4th card 285) with only 2 gigs Vram, gets to have the WHOLE thing (4K support).LOL!!!Not only that, but were talking about just 4 cards in general VS 4 series of Nvidia GPU's (500, 600, 700, 900) and all of them can do 4K like breakfast.Come here and explain to me how VSR is an answer at this point.They SUCK.I know it hurts to be a sucker and admitting something, and instead you try to defend it, even though you know it still sucks, but i won't take part on this.I won't be the mindless sucker and i will ADMIT that i made the wrong choice going with AMD.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  17. derpyQ

derpyQ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950 3GB
    Surprise! For those new to AMD, you have to learn that they never ever ever release drivers when they say they will. You'll just get bitter.

18. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Just a heads up, DSR is already on the 400 series NVidia cards, i had a GTX 480 before my (regretfully purchased) R9 280X and DSR was working just fine with no issues at all on the day they added the feature.

As a few others have said, I'll be moving back to NVidia on my next card purchase.

19. Greglaz120

Greglaz120 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280 3 GB

If this is true and the 400 series has DSR then a big LOL to AMD.So now the score is even higher.Guess i didn't checked that part myself much and missed it.Thx for the heads up.

Also about what i said before in the previous comment of mine, it's true.You have a 280X with 4 freaking GB's of Vram.Doesn't it disturb you that you don't have VSR?And even if they do give it, you and i (with my 280 3 GB's) we won't be having 4K support with our amount of memories, while the pitiful 285 with 2 gigs card will?

That's one of the BIGGEST reasons i wanna go back.Plus when i use the wannabe Shadowplay recording program of Raptr, it doesn't start immediately and has the habit of ****ing things up.Radeon pro also has to be in the background for the fps limiter to work, while with Nvidia Inspector you don't need it to run in the background.So many damn flaws with AMD.They don't even know what they're doing.Raptr also has driver detection issues.I have the Omega driver installed yet says ''check updates'' and when i do, it finds an update, which is Omega driver all over.LOL man.Just LOL!!!

Was keeping it all inside and HAD to say some things here.I'm not usually the one to rant, but with AMD i just seen it all.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  20. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I believe Msi Afterburner uses the NVEC/VCE encoder just like Shadowplay and Raptr :thumbup: