Nvidia GeForce Forceware 347.88 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jimmmm, Mar 17, 2015.

1. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    ManuelG,
    Is nVidia still implementing optimizations for older 700 series cards in this release? Like my 750Ti? Thank you.

2. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    Mine too 1437/6900. I noticed they crash wei like 347.09 did. Same performance as 347.26, so far

Edit: Better than 347.26 actually.
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6274456

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  3. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    That and Ori and the Blind Forest are Unity, and two of the hottest games on Steam right now.

ManualG, please forward our concerns on to management. Some resources (developers, financial incentive) to Unity to help support SLI would go a long way to keeping Nvidia's loyal customers, well, loyal (I've been buying SLI for over ten years...).

Unity is coming leaps and bounds, we'll see more and more AAA games coming out using it. SLI support is essential in this age of 21:9, 4K, and more demanding engines.

M

4. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I agree. Also want support for Rust SLI.

5. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Use bioshock profile at least for unity 4.

6. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Which Bioshock?

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I don't know if it's Guild Wars 2 which had a patch today or the drivers which I updated today but I've crashed 5 times so far.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    THis is fixed which great but, I like to know why off fresh install with clean profiles, on the desktop the gpu no long drops to idle speeds,

9. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Fantastic driver, liquid smooth performance and no issues with overclock.

10. Herochild

Herochild Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Driver seems to be working fine for me so far.
    Still waiting on DSR for mobile GPUs though. :p

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Sad day DSR issue with the mouse going missing at top of screen is fixed, but 2 fresh installs of 347.88 used ( DDU)

Result in the gpu no long drop to idle speeds on desktop it just runs 3d clock only now ....

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    980 drops to idle fine for me.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I think there is glitch in the drivers

2 fresh installs of 347.88 used ( DDU)

Result in the gpu no long drop to idle speeds on desktop it just runs 3d clock only now which could be glitch in the sensor??

GPUz reports

[​IMG]

sensor page reports it clocking down

[​IMG]

This page report it doing 3d clocks but also shows bus link droping as it it clocking back

Aida64 and Afterburner all report it as 3D clock speeds..

Which one is correct?

14. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    [​IMG]
    Working fine here

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah after I switch back and forth from 347.25 and 347.88 4 times using DDU between each one the 347.88 drivers now seem to show speeds to be idling in all utilities Aida64, AB, nvidia inspector.

... Computers make no sense sometimes... gona reboot a few times and see what happens

16. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    MY computer was being weird the other day too. It didn't like the fact I was using nvflash for windows after testing some new bios settings. A fresh install of windows 7 showed it who's boss though :)

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Good drivers so far for me.

However, seriously Nvidia sort out your clean up in your installer software after a successful install!

I run CCleaner after installing driver and rebooting and there are always over 500MB of Nvidia installer files left lying around needlessly.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Uninstall Geforce Experience or disable Shadowplay if you have it enabled.

There has been a bug in this for over a month now where GPU(s) will stick to base clocks even on desktop.

I now only install driver, physx, and hd audio from driver package and leave all 3d, miracast, and experience unticked. I don't really use them anyway as I have no 3d capable monitor, no nvidia shield, and only really use shadowplay but since this bug has been present I shall not be using it at all.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Forget about all the pictures i and previous post i fiqure out what is happening I just not sure which driver it started in cause it been few month seeing i really used AB when sitting on the desktop.

But for pretty much the last 2 + years I have had NVCP global profile set to Max performance and it always dropped to idle speeds when on the desktop, i know this cause cause before i stop using AB and watch the clock AB was always running and for all that time when ever i was just sitting on desktop gpu WOULD drop idle speeds.

But would seem recent driver have changed that to now cause Max performance to always run 3d clock speed even when sitting on just the desktop.

For the time being I gona leave it on adaptive and hope nvidia sorta out the issue with adaptive clock stuff back on me when it should not. which was the whole reason i had it max performance as I do not wish to go driver hunting to find a driver where this worked correctly.

20. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    [​IMG]
    Are you sure something isn't running the background? I rebooted 3 times and everything is fine. Single display perf and max perf preferred