AMD R9 390X, Nvidia GTX 980 Ti and Titan X Benchmarks Leaked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by vavyn, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
  2. caesarxoc

caesarxoc Guest

GPU:
    HD5870/1GB Vapor-X
    Pardon me for chopping up your posts & please do excuse my English as it isn't my native language.

Where I live in (Indonesia), the currency rate for $1 = 13.143 IDR.
    Intel Core i5-4670K is 3.463.900 IDR (± $263)
    Intel Core i5 4690K is 3.227.400 IDR (± $245)
    AMD FX-8320E is 2.351.800 IDR (± $178)
    I bought my Intel Core i7 930 for 2.720.000 IDR (± $298) back in 2010 when the currency rate for $1 = 9.121 IDR.

Everything are so expensive here... *sigh
    Sorry for rambling out of topic...

3. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Thank you for your contribution. Point remains is that the AMD CPUs are cheaper.

4. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    welcome caesarxoc :)

...and AMD has a respectable product too.
    While what they have is respectable and does the job required well, I will help support them so they can develop better ones and help keep prices low overall in the market.
    - too many people seem to ignore this for some strange reason

5. caesarxoc

caesarxoc Guest

GPU:
    HD5870/1GB Vapor-X
    Most of the time AMD's CPU/GPU are cheaper than the competition.
    Although some might point out that performance wise AMD's CPU is currently behind Intel, but AMD provides option for buyer who have limited budget.
    Same goes for AMD GPU. I personally doesn't have problem with mine, and I'm happy with that.
    And as Humanoid_1 said, more varied products from the competitors will certainly help overall market prices for those items.

I build PC as a side job, so I've worked with any kinds of brands. All depends to what kind of budget my clients have and what are the intended usage of their PCs.
    Unfortunately(?) most people here are more inclined towards notebook due to its mobility. That's bad for my business... :funny:

Oh and thanks mR Yellow & Humanoid_1 for warmly welcoming me, I very much appreciate that. I finally decided to join in the forum after being a silent reader for a decade or so lol

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Lol Anandtech posted and then pulled it's Titan X article nearly immediately.

The clocks were pretty low, lower then 980 1000 on the core and I don't remember the memory -- 250W TDP.

The price was just "A large number".

By the time I could click anything else the article was pulled.

250w TDP card isn't beating the 390x most likely.

7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    When are the reviews coming up?

8. MrHydes

MrHydes Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SLI
  9. Demrock

Demrock Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Boost 7950x2
    if rumors are to believed the 390x will be the only new card thats going to be released this year from Ati.

with a 24% marketshare and Nvidia beating the living **** out of Ati i have less and less hope for Team Red to fight back.

If Nvidia drops the prices of their cards compared to the rebrands of the rebrands i can only cry about what happens this year.

Nvidia is blowing Ati out of the water and Ati responds with rebrands and 1 new card that is made for pretty deep pockets and not realy for the middle sigment.

Its going to get a whole lot worse if rumors are true :(

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I recall a few weeks ago that AMD made a statement about no cards being rebrands. Don't know what to believe. We shall see.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Hey Caesar, welcome to guru3d! :D

While I do agree AMD is very cost effective for budget building, Intel is coming up very quickly in this segment now. Even more so with the unlocked Pentium. It maybe dual core, but each core performs as well or better than AMD's offerings at the price segment.

Nvidia on the other hand, as far as price competition goes they do not have it as well as Intel. However, Nvidia has strong performance with their cards despite having "some issues(Nvidia 970 cough cough)," but they still perform pretty well.

12. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    And do you think even 1% of a NV fanboy will understand or believe your explanation. I can sure you 99% of nvidia users don't there NV fanbois(experience this all over the net or when im playing in game it's all nvidia you greens boys deny this or not its the truth).

The dumbest thing PC gameing market doing is take money and promote there game as Nvidia game(same in lesser extend also apply to for AMD) this only accomplish down fall of PC market.

Game developers should be developing for both card's no matter what, but money rules that's the problem.

I use sinds DX11 and AMD launch of 5870 AMD videocards and ive been happy sinds and have in all those years not more problems the green site have with drivers maybe even less. My games run very smooth looking great for A LOT LESS MONEY.

Unless AMD realy screwing up there whole video card releases, with bad quality, i will not change to green site even is they pay me, not in million years.

There is nothing wrong with AMD videocards and majority of time there CHEAPER and performing great.

Do you guys even read articles it was a RUMOR by someone who said all cards maybe new and not rebrands and not from AMD side claiming this.

vbetts 3/23/2015 10:04 AM EST-Merged posts, please do not double post.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  13. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    why is this thread still not locked?

Leaks were fake. Nothing to see, move on kinda thing? No?

Most folk still think those are FPS in the "leaks".

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Rumour now is, its not much faster than the 980, only about 20%.

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Which is like far more believable given the constraints of 28nm.

I mean the Titan X is a 600mm2 chip. That's insane. That's like what, ~85 per wafer? at $15,000 per wafer run at TSMC that's like $170 a chip given perfect yields. At 600mm2 with edge defects there is no way they are getting perfect yields, probably closer to 75%.

And you know all those defects are going towards the incoming 990Ti or w/e they are calling the cut down GM200. Which will probably be around ~20% faster then a 980, identical to a 390x.

Which means the Titan X price makes sense given everything. It's far more likely that Nvidia could predict the performance of the 390x and price up accordingly then all the posts here about Nvidia trying to get income before the 390x makes Titan look slow or w/e.

16. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Oh well it will want to priced just accordingly, or ill just wait till next year for 16nm. Betting it overclocks like Hawaii(290x)

17. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    That's quite faster TBH, if true. I would expect somewhere between 10-15% on average across the board. I mean, they barley made 290 single gpu series 20% faster than 7970 until the overclocked X came, which isn't that much faster than 20%.

all their high end cards are underpriced, priced correctly is an abstract term for AMD at this point. Since mining is much less popular now, so are their cards. I might be wrong, I don't think I am. I would trade my 270x for gf 760 or even 660ti at this point.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  18. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Try ~$3k per 28nm TSMC wafer and ~50% yields tops, so $70 per GM200 chip...a whole Titan X card (and the Quadro lol) won't cost over $200-225 to make. It wouldn't surprise me if the FP64 cut GM200 ported to 20nm would work just fine...but it was either GM1xx at 20 or GM2xx at 28, apparently.

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Where do you get 3K from? Unless fab costs of something like a graphics chip radically changed in the last 4-5 years it definitely costs far more then 3K to run a wafer through TSMC. In fact, coincidentally, I was listening to PC Perspective's podcast last night and they stated between 10-15K per run @ TSMC. So while my number is probably high it's still a lot higher then 3K.

20. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Graphs like these on the internet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

S|A talked about 28nm wafers at around $5k back in 2011 when production was still ramping up...with the above cost per 100mm^2 die even a 100% yielding GM200 is at ~US$30.