AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. glitch203

glitch203 Guest

GPU:
    msi hd 6770 1go
    omg freesync not Supported hd 7000 hahhaha god job amd this the times to go nvidia

2. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    LOL you only running hd 6000 series...

3. glitch203

glitch203 Guest

GPU:
    msi hd 6770 1go
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by glitch203 View Post
    omg freesync not Supported hd 7000 hahhaha god job amd this the times to go nvidia
    LOL you only running hd 6000 series...

and you have R9-280x ahahahha not Supported

4. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Not support for hardware reasons.. The 7000 series dont have the chip on the displayport to support it..

Nothing AMD can do about it..

These things happen all the time, One time a GPU didn't have displayport to get the best out your new monitor with DP you needed a new GPU no different here..

Its not AMD fault!

Get over yourself.

5. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Just to be clear,

All AMD Radeon™ graphics cards in the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000, HD 8000, R7 or R9 Series will support AMD FreeSync™ technology for video playback and power-saving purposes. The AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2, 290X, R9 290, R9 285, R7 260X and R7 260 GPUs additionally feature updated display controllers that will support dynamic refresh rates during gaming.

6. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    But at least my GPU running GCN1.0 so at least I'm getting better support than you....lol

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Well... I think I've my daily-amount of entitlement cringe today with this page alone :p

*continues to enjoy life on Linux with daily graphics updates, on AMD hardware :cool:

Just a little over an hour ago there were 15 changes related to GCN hardware :p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What are you people mumbling about, my 280X is more than 3 years old GPU. I dont expect to have support for every new feature.

I'll just jump into 3xx series soon as they arrive anyway...

9. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I have 2 x Sapphire Radeon 7970's. These performs very well even today. I'm gonna also wait Radeon 3xx series and jump right into as soon as they arrive.

Meantime I just hope we get a few X-fire profiles with next driver update.

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB

11. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

It is getting better (the SteamOS sale confirms a lot of titles I never thought to get Linux versions); although I'm curious to see how the DX12/Vulkan period plays out. Considering most of the major game engines (CryEngine 3 I think, UE3 and 4, Source 1 and 2) already have Linux support baked-in though, and with some major companies backing Vulkan (Blizzard and Valve; probably others that I can't recall atm) getting future games on Linux shouldn't be too much of a problem.

There's probably exceptions for plenty of games, but DX9 games that are playable through Wine should have really decent performance nowadays with gallium-nine or even CSMT. DX10-11 stuff is still no-go though, until the state tracker for it gets in a working-state.

Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile were what were mainly holding me on Windows, and GW2 became playable for me on Linux within a few months (went from 5-20 unstable FPS to 30-70 stable with gallium-nine). PoE last I checked was still a bit of a mess on AMD drivers, but apparently works nicely on NVIDIA.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  12. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    I really don't get the people with older hardware complaining, yes you're entitled to support up to a point as it is so anywhere in the technology sector but you should already know that's the game in this field, and that point is where it won't hinder a company's progress.

I mean the technology sector has ALWAYS been about constantly building for the future, and it's ruthless in the sense of it leaves behind very quickly what would be considered still new things in other sectors. If you're a person that's in this game, this is something you should already know you were getting yourself into when you spend money on electronics.
    And specifically right now is especially crucial because it's one of the largest jumps in performance we've seen in many years. Do we all want AMD to spend time making sure cards built years ago are compatible with the newest technology that's coming out next year. Because by then, even today's friggin cards will start being dated. Some of you guys need to get real.

If you still don't get it, then one of the many analogies I could use and here's a simple one, it's like me still owning a 2010 Toyota and then complaining I'm not getting the same software update in my navigation that the 2015's are getting. And I'm sitting there being ignorant to the fact that it's a different generation model, not just in body type but also with internals as well such as hardware and new software.

Yea there's a lot of details I neglected but there's no point, I just wanted to get a simple point across. Because I'm trying to get it to people who can't get a simple idea of how things have always worked when it comes to this particular field through their head.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    You have failed to account for people's infinite capacity for self-entitlement.

xD

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    This is a driver thread and people are complaining about lack of drivers (for all AMD GPU's). A car isn't really comparable to a GPU.
    We want AMD to focus on something...

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Hes talking about people complaining they arent getting VSR or Freesync.

read back a few pages.

16. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    So I don't get Freeseync, well, I think it's just gimmick anyway. As VSR. WTF I need new drivers anyway.

17. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    You mean the only reason anyone cares about freesync?

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Good for you, but my 7970 still plays everything I throw at it at 1080p, usually at max settings, and at 60fps on top. I am not interested at changing it for some time still, and support should be there. That used to be a top product just 2 years ago, and a top mid range product less than a freakin' year ago.

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I'm not sure if it's the case; but unless FreeSync will eliminate all and any input latency compared to just having framerate unrestricted currently, I don't care about it for gaming (the FAQ says "improved input latency", not comparable or better). I barely notice tearing.

Normal desktop usage and video playback however; yeah that'd be nice.

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This is directly from AMD:

AMD FreeSync™ technology is what gamers have been waiting for – a solution that eliminates screen tearing without all the usual lag and latency.
    http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/freesync#about

Blue and Red is your imagination

EDIT: Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood you.
    No of course all latency can not be eliminated. Also, AMD is comparing it with Vsync ON

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015