Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
  2. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    this is not only becaue of same threshold values, i am thinking that it has something to do with the knots whilst the weather is transitioning. pretty much you are seeing only directive lighting, pure directive lighting through one light source.

3. SPECTRE

SPECTRE Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6go
    @ThatGuyOverTher

Is that there's a possibility to have the e3 muzzle flash with the rain streaming and volumetric (ambient) fog like e3 and can you give us some news of the progress of the mod please.

It's gonna be beautiful it's really an excellent working I can't wait to See the result :D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  4. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Well, the only way i see that you can do the E3 muzzle flash is with a new camera dedicated to focus mode, which none of us know how to do. But all it looks like is that there is alot of bokeh DoF when he is aiming.

E3 fog is being restored too, I already have some nice settings with it.

Rain streaming? I am assuming that you mean the water falls on the beams. But uh, no i have not found that either.

As for the progress of the mod, well, it is going to be a little more time...
    I started to collaborate with TXGT and he is helping me with some bugs in the knot values for the weather system ( my mod has so many weather presets that we need to make more knots or change them a lot)

But i do have a progress shot that i took yesterday morning. Feast your eyes: http://i.imgur.com/4zXYgMM.jpg

And i am happy that you want it out but there are things that need to be fixed and i will have to refrain from uploading until our problems are solved.

As for the E3 lighting, i know how to make it brighter, and i am in the midst of doing so.

5. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    in my opinion when it rains at night, you should put the file values mlleemiles, was really great because even with the rain, the environment was very bright. And now with the fog of "definitive mod" it would be great to see the two things together. I unfortunately are not able to do so. :3eyes:

mlleemiles environmentlighting.lib https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=17544acab3786c97&id=17544ACAB3786C97!2705

[​IMG]

6. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    environmentlighting.lib version "definitive mod" has the defect that if it rains at night, the environment becomes too dark and the fog has a lower yield compared to that of e3 2012.

7. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    just a reminder, the E3 2012 to the 14 mnt gameplay demo have no fogs it seems that they added it only close to vanilla release ( after the downgrade ), you can look as far as you can in the videos, ther's no fogs

what appear to be fog in the E3 2012 rain scene is actually clever use of the sewer smoke placement, they put so much of them around the car crash accident that it look like fog when you see the scene overall, but as soon as aiden escape with the red car, you can see that ther's in reality no fog at all

8. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
  9. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Well guys, i am sorry to say this but, i am going to have to scrap the windy city...

This means that i am no longer going to have 16 weather presets...

TXGT has just notified me that he is tired of testing and cannot help anymore...

I will still have good lighting and fog, but it will be less buggy, and it will have less variety, but hey... It's alright! If i do figure out the knot values, you can for sure know that i will use this current windy city with the new knot values, if i learn how to do it...

Thanks for your support and sorry...

10. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    I´m still waiting for some Modding God who enables the E3 2012 Walking Animation ( with Headbobing). Because it "feels" so much better in the Trailer, as it is in the current game.

By the way: I heard that the E3 2012 Walking Animation has been restored but without the Headbobing. Why is it not included in this mod? Does it look weird without the headbobing?

11. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    No it looks great even without the bobbing,,, The reason why i took it out is because dorian told me to...

He said that the reason why he wanted it out was because it was not "complete" without the headbob..

I will add it in the next revision.

12. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    The reason why I'm against old walking animations, is because the hands in pocket sequences look wierd, his hands are bugged there when he puts them in there, coat is also going here and there through the sweatshirt if you look on aiden from the front.

I prefer not buggy things, unless buggy ones polished to the perfect condition, just a personal opinion that it's better that way.

13. Knochy

Knochy Guest

I have to tell you something. I edit the Aiden Model and find a mesh/bone on the back of Aiden. The Coat of Aiden get blocked at this Mesh/bone. I have deleted the bone but my game Crash every time. Any Idea why the Game crash?

14. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    No, ThatGuy, you misunderstood me in my PM! I will help you with the knots. I just will not be investigating those two last values in the knots. I'm sure we will get at least 10 of your presets working without editing those two values.

Now, about the Blackout.
    I saw in your DefMod's windycity.xml that you are using "Special Blackout Envlighting" for "Normal Blackout Setting". I'm guessing it's because it's much darker than "Normal Blackout Envlighting". I don't know if you already know but the "Special Blackout Setting" is used for "small" blackout when you destroying the Electrical Transformers. And if you edit Special Blackout Envlighting xml like Mlleemiles said then you'll get Total Blackout when Aiden destroys the Transformer. If you don't want this to happen you need to use "Normal Blackout Envlighting" for "Normal Blackout Setting". And edit only "E3_2013.Clear_Lighting.Clear_Blackout.xml" in envlighting.lib like this:

For the same darkness as during the "Special Blackout" set "MoonLightIntensity" to "0", change the red values here:

<object name="curveMoonLightIntensity">
    <field name="hidNumKnots" type="UInt32">2</field>
    <object name="Knots">
    <object name="Knot">
    <field name="Value" type="Vector4">0,0,0.999994,0</field>
    <field name="Info" type="Vector4">6.2832,1,0,0</field>
    <field name="Type" type="Enum">0</field>
    </object>
    <object name="Knot">
    <field name="Value" type="Vector4">1,0,-0.999998,0</field>
    <field name="Info" type="Vector4">6.2832,1,0,0</field>
    <field name="Type" type="Enum">0</field>

Or you can try to set it to "0.01" to have a bit of the Light on the ground. It will look like it's coming from the Sky since it's not completely dark.

Also turn off these Overrides like I did for my Lite Mod v1.3, just set them to "False":

<field name="bStaticReflectionGIDayInfluenceOverride" type="Boolean">False</field>
    <field name="bStaticReflectionIntensityDayOverride" type="Boolean">False</field>
    <field name="bDynamicReflectionGIInfluenceOverride" type="Boolean">False</field>
    <field name="bSunLensFlareVisibilityOverride" type="Boolean">False</field>

So the dynamic and static reflections will not fade if you use the Blackout during Daytaime. And Lensflare will not appear when you use Blackout during Rain.

15. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    Wow, great progress guys. I was just wondering if there was any progress on the old .move.bin animation files. Other than that, keep it up guys!

16. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    because ther's no software at the moment that can export properly a modified xbg model, espcially character model, it has some crypted files

17. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    No software to edit it properly, there's also many cryptic commands, without them we cannot let game properly load them, so there was no progress sadly :(

18. Knochy

Knochy Guest

I think we need the Engine to edit the Files correctly. When WD2 is getting a new Engine we probably get the old Disrupt Engine, but first there is no way to disable the meshes of aidens back right?

19. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I think so, yes :(

Maybe it's possible in zmodeller, but then again I'm not so sure as I expired my trial license.

20. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Im going to attempt to recreate the 92fs and put it in game with zmodeler, wish me luck :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015