Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    Light pollution as in indirect/global illumination?

2. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    you can think of it as ambient fog, actually the settings that control it is called envfogsettingsFog in windy_city.xml

3. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Funny how you mention that, i was talking to modaic about that this morning.
    Yeah, i used reference to GTA 4 with an ENB that made it so that the city was more illuminated with the buildings and what not. Here is the screen i used as reference: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4205/gtaiv2011072215313990.png
    Maybe there is a way we can make it so the bloom comes from the buildings too...
    New project? I think yes... After i fix some problems...

4. thokkiano

thokkiano Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid Titan XP 2016
    Thanks for sharing the mods. Looks awesome.

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Have you guys think about making the sun position like in 2012 demo? Or this is not possible?

6. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    we want to, but that is something that would be tricky to get done.

7. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    although I have set the brightness to zero,
    [​IMG]

in some situations of maximum fog, the game is so.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    I had this few few months ago, i dont have the mod actually, but i remember i have this issue by using the E3 weatherpresets add them to weathersituations.

maybe it's the same here
    (i thought it works, but after start Mission 1.4 it dont change back to normal )

9. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    In my testing, this has seized to happen anymore. I really want to release the update but i just can't, not yet. I am truly sorry about this delay but the mod is not ready and we only want to give the highest quality.

10. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Anyone good with getting lua scripts to work with a patch?
    Cause there are some things in the games files that i have been trying to get working now for a while but have not been able to have it work correctly.

I am not home right now but when i get back i will provide the name of the script and its directory in the game files.

This lua script is the one that was used with the Nvidia demo, if you do not know what that is here is a link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eHCJ8pWdf0

Yeah, that is in the files, and it is a recent script too since it was used right before release. And i saw that the files it uses are still there too. So that led me to think that it should work if it is activated properly.
    Just thinking that this would look awesome with the mod and want to see it in action... Details involving this script will come later.

11. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    In my opinion the "definitive mod" has a very good fog, but loses the comparison with that of E3, because when it rains environmentlighting gets too dark. If you could make it less dark environmentlighting when it rains, the fog would be very close to that of E3 with rain.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  12. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    [​IMG]
    Am i experiencing some sort of catastrophe?

13. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I had the same effect once when I was experimenting with EnvLighting for my Lite Mod. Don't remember what caused it though.
    But in this case it looks like "Clear" preset have fCloudy="1". Or two different Environment/Weather presets have mixed up because of the same Threshold value. I'm helping ThatGuy to solve the "Threshold" problem.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  14. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    I believe so. Anyway could u upload ur lite mod 1.3 elsewhere? I can't access the dl website.

15. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Uploading to OneDrive now.
    I just wondering In what part of v1.3 you interested?

16. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Want warmer LTrain headlight and rain.

17. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    You mean less bright L-Train light? None of my Lite Mod versions have Warm L-Train light. They have only Cold light like in 2012 Demo. Since v1.2 I have reduced only brightness because it was too bright during Clear weather.
    I can give you standalone xml with Warm light if you want.

Download v1.3: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F32A283C6F5446AE!134

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  18. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    It's just way to cool making it un-natural.

19. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    Hey, txgt, could you give me only the file that softens headlight cones intensity?

20. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I have not soften them, I just reduced gamma values of the Lensflares. There is no dedicated file for those cones. The brightness and color of this cones depends on the Lensflare's xml file. So if you just use my Lensflare xmls in your mod the cones will be smoother but your Headlight lensflares will not look as before: the color will be different and will not match with the color of the cones.
    You can achieve the color match by making your Lensflare texture Black & White or just use my texture. Or I can give you Vanilla Lensflare texture that I made Black & White.
    Also my xmls are NOT Anamorphic.