Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    BTW this video is a ubisoft guide on how to spot 2012 build, or the new downgraded one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fcmcHdsxsA

It seems like some scenes in ctos video was shown on a downgraded build, so this proves that they had 2 builds, and could play their demos on each of them.

All the scenes like 1:36, aka close ups on civs, is a downgraded build, aka the vanilla one - pay attention to the color and overall graphics tone feel. It can be especially seen in 2:05 scene, the aiden is running with 92fs using old animation, with awesome coat physics, then again close up, and the sceen continue, now seeing aiden having same old model, but with 14 min demo sprint, no 92fs, vanilla coat physics, pay attention to the graphics, it looks much more clearer. So finally on 2:11, the build looks 2012 again, that graphics tone, that smoke feel in the image, that old cool coat physics. Looks like 92fs stayed in the 2012 build only too, in the new one it was never there, that's why aiden dont have a gun in his hands in that 14min sprint scenes.

So TL;DR
    all the scenes in the video with aiden with 92fs was old build
    all the scenes in the video with aiden running like 14min demo sprint was new build
    coat was downgraded only in the new build, 14min sprint coat glued to his legs
    old aiden model was still used in the new build
    92fs never was a part of a new build

Now imagine that ubi is gonna re-release watchdogs as only ps4/xone/pc as a part of definitive version, kinda like rockstar did with gta 5, downgrade for ps3/x360, upgrade for ps4/xone/pc, but only this time ubi would add missing 92fs, adding coat physics, making graphics like on demos, etc

Kinda unreal to me, but the old engine was real, I think i've proved it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  2. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Nice observation, I noticed that too.

3. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I was just thinking, in your mod you don't have the full Sun Lensflare - is it just because ThatGuy don't like Sun Lensflare at all? Your mod called "Definitive" and it's all about recreating E3 Demos feel. Without E3 Sun Lensflare it's just missing a part of that E3 feel.

4. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    It was just a immersive thing decision, we wanted to get the 2012 lens, but since 2012 sun was alot different than a vanilla one, we found out it would not worth it, and cut the lensflare, so it would look closer to 2012 feel, still, without lens.

And as for 2013 sun lens, yeah, we just thought it would look better without it, because sometimes it just too big on the screen.

It's just a matter of a taste, personally I'm all in for 2012 feel, rather than 2013

5. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb

Well you know the Video with the green tint is the E3 Video?
    On the Left side you have the Definitive Mod which obviously would need more green to get closer to the original. :D

6. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I just watched 2012 demo in HQ. There is a Full Lensflare. It's just very faded and have only one color, like in Vanilla. Also noticed the 2nd Halo above the Sun.
    I think it's very much possible to make the 2012 Sun Lensflare using my Tutorial.

7. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Also in the future you guys should make 2 versions of your Definitve Mod: one with 2012 feel and one with 2013 feel.

8. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    Have you found that pda draw anim at 0:25?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fcmcHdsxsA
    also notice at 1:43 he does the old weapon draw anim and it worked while moving. Looks like there is more missing files to that anim.

9. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    yep, and it will work like that if we had old move.bin, it doesnt properly works because game sees it as an old animation, like vanilla, which is not actually.

the only way to proper do that anim, if make engine load old animation directly, without file switch.

10. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    Why don't you try asking ubisofts animations director for watchdogs colin graham, it looks like hes active on twitter. He's the guy in the mocap video. pm him or something lol.
    https://twitter.com/colinj_graham

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015

11. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
  12. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    That bus has always been there. I remember a couple months ago I had a hack where I had to hide there

13. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    OK thank you, never saw it. Maybe it is because i don't spend that much time in the Wards...

14. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Great stuff fantastic mod!
    For some reason the text on screen looks weird (in this screen it doesn't look that bad but ..) - any ideas?

[​IMG]

15. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    @ neeksta That is because our mod includes a custom font.

If you wish to not have this font included in your game, you ca unpack the patch and go to this directory: \ui\fonts

Once there, you can just delete the files within the "fonts" folder.

And there you go, hopefully you reconsider the deletion of the font as it adds much more character to the game, but if you really feel the need to do so, go right ahead :)

16. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Oh wow, no problems master, it really is fine, I am happy now I know it's not some boo boo I have made - as I usually do being intellectually challenged. :)

17. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
  18. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    Lol that's my steam. I started that discussion to try
    And make more people aware that watchdogs is sill being modded

Edit: still have hope though because he is working a long job
    So maybe he will respond

19. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    lolwat

20. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    steam forums are like cancer .. anyway on topic

while watching the demos trailer i noticed that none of them has light polution ( like you can get with vanilla release default preset or the RelaunchDemo preset ), in the E3 2012 build it simply dosnt exist, neither in the PS4 reveal