Diablo III, is it still worth the buy in 2015?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by fr33jack, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Diablo III is now a great game whereas at launch it was just merely good with the Auction House ruining the balance (thankfully I never once used it).

I have it on PC, Xbox One and PS4, though I've only played the campaign to completion with a level 70 character in the latter two versions, mainly because I just enjoyed playing this kind of game with a controller. The direct control makes it far more enjoyable IMO that just clicking a mouse plus the dodge move really makes it a more action-arcade experience.

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Game is great! Loved playing it so i would definitely recommend. I havent tried expansion but i will get it once i have some free time and find a good deal :)

P.S Internet is cheap in Russia :eek:

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    lol

I recently bought diablo 2....

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Good purchase right there ^^

5. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Nah, just in Moscow. Or in major cities...but in Moscow it is cheapest I guess.

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    At least something is cheap in Moscow :)

But anyway, go ahead and get D3. If you find it on offer, even better. I paid around £12 for it and its definitely worth it. Only done one full playthrough and started few other character.

7. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Can I get D3 and RoS for cheap anywhere? It costs £32 each here, not paying £64, no fcuking way!

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Is the expansion worth it? I honestly got bored of the game and stopped playing before they added the Paragon levels so I'm not going to spend more money on it if it doesn't add anything significant

9. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I bought the game when it first came out and thought it was average at best. But seeing some other members here talking about how much it has improved I gave it second run through and it is so much better, even bought the RoS expansion pack 2 weeks ago for $25.

10. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Already got it. Im in act 1 atm. Well...it's a very high quality time killer I'd say.

Try RU region. It's multi-language and you can able to play in US, EU servers - bought it, confirmed. It costs 1599 RUB or around 22-24 Euros for D3 + RoS.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

From Battle.net account management --> Press Shop -- Press Diablo III --- Press Diablo III for 999 RUB --- Press Buy Now --- after pressing Buy Now button you will see the option to purchase either Diablo III for 999 RUB OR Diablo III with Reaper of Souls for 1599 RUB (my guess it's a discount atm) ...Russian Federation as "Country of Residence" is required ---

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    One of the best games released in the last few years, easily.

12. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    No doubt its worth it. Like everyone else has said, it has come a loooooooong way since release. Very good game now. I've put more hours into that game than I would like to admit.

13. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
  14. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    Cheaper...not better.

15. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Uh, I paid half the price for RoS.

But if you're going to recommend something better it's better be Path of Exile.

16. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    That's some high level fanboy twaddle, Grim Dawn has the potential to be good but it's still an unfinished game on a low budget with a tiny dev team, I own and like it but it doesn't keep me playing once I've finished the new content. I have 100s of hours in Diablo and only about 20 in Grim Dawn. You really can't compare the two, they're leagues apart.

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I wish they had an offline, single player only game that would be sold for less... not interested in online play, would just like to see the story develops, as I've played Diablo I and II and all expensians, because I liked the story.

18. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    You can play the story start to end without ever using any online features. Still on PC you should be online for the game to work. On consoles you don’t need to be connected to internet, because the characters data is saved offline.

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, I'm aware, maybe I did not use the right words to describe what I'd be interested: only the SP game. Give me a discount of 75% because I don't need marvellous item drops or scaling enemy hoards, no coop, no teamplay, and I'd be interested. But I won't pay full price for a game I don't even plan on using both singleplayer and multiplayer mode...

20. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Added "how to" in my original post about purchasing this game bundle (DIII+RoS) for 25$...