Acer XB270HU

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Stryfex, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    Has anyone seen any additional information on pricing/availability of the XB270HU? (This is the Acer 27" Gsync IPS 144Hz 1440P).

I've been searching and searching and can't find much on my own...but it's getting towards the beginning of march which is when this was advertised as being released...so I'm getting increasingly curious to know more

2. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Looking foward to this monitor as well, if it keeps under 800 I may end up buying it before year's end.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Only news that I'm aware of, is that it's going into mass production sometime this month for a March-April release. If the price range is around $800, I'll be buying one.

4. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah, I'm selling my Swift and getting this. I hate the Swift more than any product I've ever owned.

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I guess thats the end of the line for the swift, its sales will drop off like a rock.

7. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    I've been checking NCIX like a mad man but still no listing :(

8. Adexus

Adexus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLi
  9. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    Price is official. $799.99 in the USA.

I'll assume in canada it's $899 or $949. Both of which are very high...but both of which will probably be reasonable enough for me to afford.

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I've made a thread (see here) in November about this screen, but most likely search function was broken ;)

Also contains the tft central review and pricing in Europa, as far as available yet. Three of four preorder listings have vanished, so there only remains overclockersUK with a horrible price of over 900€ / £689.99.

11. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    acer's US website has the MSRP listed from themselves at 799.99 so that's pretty reliable.

Europeans often get the short end of the pricing stick though (but the long end of the availability stick to make up for it!!)

12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    It doesn't have better response times than the ROG Swift. The Swift can enable ULMB at 120Hz, while the XB270HU can do up to 100Hz because of slightly slower response times.

The XB270HU does sound all-around superior than the ROG Swift, though, based on that review.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, to be honest, I have not experienced that. Hardware often is available later than in the US / Canada, and certainly it's more expensive than in the US. I don't really see what Europe might have an advantage over, but we can't change it anyway. I won't take home computer hardware when I go to Canada this summer :D

You can't use Gsync and ULMB at the same time anyway. In your case, using an AMD gpu, you might still go better with the Swift due to ULMB differences. Yet again, I'm still waiting for the first consumer reports on it, if there's a widespread dead pixel problem, or backlight bleed.... you get what I mean.

14. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    @fantaskarsef: Availability comment comes mostly for INITIAL availability of products since often asian countries supply europe through Air freight whicch is of course much quicker than the cargo ships that sail to north america

In the case of the swift for example, europe had stock 2-3 weeks before north america

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    No TN for me my man. The Swift is far too expensive for what it offers. I'd go so far as to label it a pure ripoff. Granted, gaming experience and all that, but you do eventually get a TN panel with QA issues ASUS aren't willing to admit to, if you get unlucky (which seems to be most of the time).

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, are you certain of that? I wouldn't bet to name it a general tbh, but I seldomly am waiting for initial releases, I have to admit.

I absolutely agree, that's why I'm hesitant to get that Acer screen... I've personally never been interested in a special screen before, and to me the Swift was a shock of lacking QA, and a price tag not matching the quality (not the specs) you'd excpect for the price you pay.

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    This monitor is mine, cant wait

who wants my "OLD" overlord tempest monitor?