Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    OutStanding : Adjusted High settings + Reshade preset

I modified the "High" settings because there was a too big gap between Medium and High (that was nearly at ultra level).

I added a custom Reshade preset. I had to put general Brightness (not gamma) to 0.9 instead of 1.0 in my gamerprofile.ini to have a readable HUD and menu.

I used too Marduk's choice of textures but I am not sure they are needed for performance sake.

The result is awesome !!!! (even if I am not a fan of the old icons).

Indeed, in multiplayer, it's unplayable because It's too dark. I think you can make it a bit lighter without breaking the blackout effect. It should be dark but not pitch black.

Here are some results (1920*1080, High Settings (motion blur disabled and HBAO+ High), Ultra Textures and Temporal SMAA) : Click to view in real size

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I totally understand, but the quality of the mod will drop if you wanna make it perfectly compatible of the multiplayer, it's not like you can't play it, you can use your regular patch for multi, and this for sp, but the multi was never a strong point for me in WD.

And to proof my words, try to enable focus in multiplayer, the 2012 focus will constantly flash, and it will look annoying to say the least, while in single it will work perfectly.

If only ubi would make a decent multiplayer, with proper synchonization, i would take my words back, but so far, not really worth it imo.

3. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Personally, I am fond of hacking sessions, like a lot of people.
    I quite dislike the other parts of multi but hacking sessions are nice.

The problem is where you don't see anything whereas your enemy see you perfectly.

Will improve my reshade preset to add brightness.

4. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    great job guys, but I wanted this thing in this area of the map

[​IMG]

despite the dry ground, the ground reflects

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Seems like they used old Essenthy's road & sidewalk reflections. Also this mod have very long wetness drying duration after rain, so the ground stays wet for a very long time. But if you're saying that everywhere else is dry roads then that is not the case, it's gotta be old Essenthy's reflection textures.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  6. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Really Great what you and the guys has done to the game ;)

I was just watching your Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod vs E3 2012 Video:)
    I must say that if the green tint was toned down a little this mod imo looks little better than the e3 visuals in the Video.
    But I am going to make a light Reshade Preset just to remove the tint a little. This mod is great;)

7. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Green tint? There is no green tint within our mod... Do you have Digital Vibrance?

8. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    That area is unfortunately always so :-(

9. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    DUDE WTF YOU GOT THAT PISTOL UNHOLSTER ANIM. IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT FOR AGES.
    Its weird though that it is sped up, I guess it's trying to match the speed that the normal anim plays. Are you testing it right now because it is a really cool anim
    in my opinion. Sorry for caps im typing this as I watched the vs 2012 video.
    It's funny I just posted about this anim in general modding and then I found out its still ingame lol.

10. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Your mod in the comparison Video on YouTube has a green tint in it and the E3 is more Reddish.

11. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    It could be colorgrading. This mod have toned down colors.

12. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    I assure you that we are not using the old essenthy textures, the reaon why it looks wet is because of the environment lighing... An update will be released today that fixes such an issue. Upon release we thought that it would be more realistic to have the game be slightly wet when it was very foggy, but i guess it came out a bit wrong. But Essenthy newer textures are being used, that i can assure :)

And that "wet" feel when it is supposed to be dry will be gone in the next revision, which should be coming out today. Hopefully...

13. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    lol, do you have the fast unholster ability? That will make the anim sped up. We were trying to find a way to disable abilities once they were unlocked but nothing has been found yet. That was courtesy of ModAIC and Puredorian.

14. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Ok thank you, i will look into that. Need to get the mod as accurate as possible.
    Already editing colorgrading as i am typing this.

15. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Yeah, me and Puredorian found it :3 If you want it, I can send it to you. But I strongly recommend that you make a new game since the quick switch skill will speed it up, otherwise its really awesome :3

16. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    Sure send it to me and it's fine with me I never put skill points towards weapon stuff lol

17. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Do you have skype ? If so, add me : thebosstheking

18. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Why not posting the link here for everyone? :)

19. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I answered on how to do it in a different thread, it's not worth to post this material into the public.

20. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Could you upload next update to Mediafire because I get quicker downloads that way on my crappy Internet :)