Diablo III, is it still worth the buy in 2015?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by fr33jack, Mar 10, 2015.

1. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Hey, dudes :)

Never bought myself a Diablo III (yeah, make fun of me)...but I kinda want to kill some time till GTA5, Witcher 3 release. And games like Black Desert and Blade & Soul are in tba (ru, eng languages) currently. So, Diablo III...is it still worth the buy and time in this days? I mean the quality of story, lore and overall gameplay in D3...is it good? Or "meh...mediocre"? Or great?

PS. I meant to buy it (or some other game) like right now. I don't have time to wait some other games which might be released in few weeks...I'm very bored right now and I need some good time killer :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought it. Thanks to everyone for making me feel more confident about investing my time in this game :)

Lifehack ---

For people who seeking to invest their money on this game and looking for best price possible, I would recommend purchase this game from RU region. You would need a Battle.net account created with Russian Federation as Country of Residence. Note that you can only change your Country of Residence via contacting directly Blizzard support...OR just create a new account for this. In RU region* this game costs around 25$ for Diablo III plus Reaper of Souls. It contains all languages and you can play on all servers (US, Euro, Asia).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

From Battle.net account management --> Press Shop -- Press Diablo III --- Press Diablo III for 999 RUB --- Press Buy Now --- after pressing Buy Now button you will see the option to purchase either Diablo III for 999 RUB OR Diablo III with Reaper of Souls for 1599 RUB (for bundle) ...Russian Federation as "Country of Residence" is required ---

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

* - 25$ as current price for this game bundle in RU region...currently, cause of low national currency value compared to US dollar. The situation can change very shortly and fast

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Pinhead

Pinhead Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Classified GTX 780Ti
    I would definitely recommend it. Recent patches and the upcoming 2.2 patch make this game very fun to play. I just hit Paragon level 724 and have no plans on stopping. It is FAR superior to the game when it was initially released.

3. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I'd say yes if you have a very good and consistent internet connection. Otherwise it's a stutter festival at its best.

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Absolutely, it's an outstanding game in its current state.

5. Pinhead

Pinhead Guest

GPU:
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. My connection is only 15 Mbps and I can play the game, have my daughter playing her online MMO, and download a movie at the same time without any issues. You only really run into problems very infrequently when scumbags like Lizard Squad are performing their despicable DDoS attacks.

6. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Thanks, mates...appreciated...for making me feel more confident about investing my time in this game :)

I just hit the button...purchase complete...I am the owner of D3 + RoS :D

7. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Nah...I have 100mbit optic fiber. It costs 10-15$ (unlimited) per month in Moscow :)

8. Pinhead

Pinhead Guest

GPU:
    You lucky SOB!!!!!!! :)

9. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    :D

How good the internet speed and connection quality in Soldotna? :) Is it cheap?

10. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I have 4mbps/0.6mbps and I can't walk in circles in any town because it stutters when my modem lights start to blink. And nobody else is using the connection. I have no stutter in Shadow of Mordor, Dying Light and other more demanding games that I can play offline.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015

11. Pinhead

Pinhead Guest

GPU:
    I pay $60/mo for a 15 meg connection but the quality is good. It ain't cheap here in the great state of Alaska!

12. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    60 bucks?! Bummer, brah. But dude, you have a superb ecology, air is great...and natural view are completely awesome...I just saw the photos :eek3: I will gladly get rid of my apartment in Moscow for some suburban little town with good nature and costly internet connection :)

PS. For 60 bucks I will get 1gbit + All HD channels wich my isp/ tv provider can provide...plus, I mostly sure, he will send me a couple ounces of prime weed each mo :D But yeah, these are benefits of big cities...cheap internet and cells...

Near Soldotna, Alaska - gorgeous view, brah...u lucky sob :)

13. Pinhead

Pinhead Guest

GPU:
    Yeah man, the scenery is simply outstanding here. Having an active volcano-Mt Redoubt-directly across the inlet from Soldotna can be disconcerting but it hasn't gone off since 2008 fortunately. I actually live in the condo complex with the green roofs in the fifth picture to the right at the very bottom right of the photo.

The cost of living is a bit high because goods much be shipped up here and it's a long hike from the lower-48 but I'm not complaining---except for when I read what $60 would get me where you live!!!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  14. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Also legalized marijuana, Alaska should be the destination of my life.

15. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Legalization for whole planet, brah! Yeah! :D

16. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    The game has never been better, the amount of post release support it has had is amazing. Get D3 + RoS and you'll have plenty to keep you occupied.

17. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    That's why I asked. Many people (and reviewers) are reconsidering their opinion about D3 at its current state...they said that this game atm a way better than a year ago or so...

18. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    It's a million times better than release, you can't even compare it.

19. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Agreed.

I'll play RoS as soon as I have Internet connection.

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Guys why is the game good right now? Because I have a hard time finding motivation in it.

I mean what else do you do besides Greater Rifts and .. stuffs..