*-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 9=-*

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by hallryu, Dec 13, 2011.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Even if i WAS upgrading to a new case, i wouldn't let it get THAT bad. That's not even like a "eeh... i'm getting a case next month, so why clean this one?" kind of dust level. That's like a "I plan on getting a new case sometime before this CPU dies, so i'll worry about cleaning it then" level of dust.

2. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Yeah I should have cleaned it a lot earlier, I just kept putting it off for too long.

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    is that a spider web I see in the old case???!!!!

I'd be afraid to touch the bottom of that case.

4. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Yeah a couple cobwebs, but no spiders or anything living or dead residing in there. Just a lot of dust. I'm not proud of having it get that dirty, but it's fixed now. By far the dirtiest it ever got.

I think that was the only thing I didn't like about my old case, the bottom fans sucked up every single piece of dust and dirt in the house.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015

5. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Took around 4hrs to get all done. Out with old LED and fans and in with the Akasa White LED 60cm & Akasa Green LED 60cm, 2x Corsair SP120 Green LED, 2x Corsair SP120 White LED, Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB (not visible in pictures). Made the cardboard PSU carbon cover and HDD cage carbon cover. Took a lot more time than I had anticipated but in a small case like this with 3x GFX ,1x DVD, 3x SSD, 2x HDD there's a lot of cable hinding and getting it all to fit snugly so the case side panel can be closed.
    Still considering getting a used black Corsair Graphite 760T 2months old for US$105 in reserve.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ^^ 3rd from last pic, I thought you had a subwoofer screwed into the side of your case :D

7. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Finally rebuild.
    Just got a brand new Cooler Master V850 and an Asus GTX 970 DirectCU II Strix. Along with my Devils Canyon and 16gb of Ballistix Ram
    Will not need a rebuilod for at least a year
    Taken with Iphone 5S

[​IMG]

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    redo .....

bought a longer table. not using file cabinets with wood on top.

now my case fits on the table. and more space in the room.

(men station)

sorry about the darkness.....
    also still working on organizing the wires. waiting on tie mounts
    [​IMG]

redid some wiring of case.
    I had to trim the vent on the side panel to fit the gpus and I trimmed too much. thats why the masking tape is there. should paint it black.
    I wish the soundblaster cable for the daughter board was longer so I could have it going differently

Its a tight fit with the cooler and the soundcard. I had to use piece of cardboard the solder points on the board would not short out due to touching.

sli temps on idle are about the same 45C

1080p gaming temp 60-65c for both cards.

1440p gaming temp 65-70c for top card and 60-65c for bottom card.

2160p gaming temp 75-85c for top card and 75-80c for bottom card.

with 2160p gaming. room temps is too high( no ac on in house) and case cant get enough cool for the top gpu. but now sense with case is next to window. I will be able to vent the heat out the window when gaming. but have not had time to test this as I just now got some off days from work.

cpu temps averages around 40-55c during gaming and 28-40c on idle depending on room temps.

[​IMG]

side panel looks great at night.

its not too bright look, but still lets you know its alive.

[​IMG]

sometime in the next week or so I will be adding another 16gb to make total of 32gb. for better multitasking with vm and rendering ect.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  9. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    My latest addition to my Mini-ITX gaming rig. eVGA GTX 970 SSC w/ ACX Cooling.

[​IMG]

10. Nhirlathothep

Nhirlathothep Guest

GPU:
    Many GPUs
    i only like itx cases and cant see many here!

ps:

Prodigy it s itx, but so big ...

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea.... When I started picking out stuff for my rig a while back, I kept thinking I wanted a smaller case (which, when your previous case was a CoolerMaster Cosmos 2... There isn't much that's bigger), but still having fantastic cooling potential. The Prodigy offers that, while also being incredibly quiet.

12. Nhirlathothep

Nhirlathothep Guest

GPU:
    Many GPUs
    if u use the new mini-pbc gtx 970 gpus, u can fit a performing gaming pc in a smaller box (i like Jonsbo over all)

Asus : GTX970-DCMOC-4GD5

[​IMG]

Gigabyte : GV-N970IXOC-4GD

[​IMG]

13. Nhirlathothep

Nhirlathothep Guest

GPU:
    Many GPUs
    best looking pc by far!

but specs are really low for a gaming pc IMHO

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I didn't realize an i7 haswell/970 gtx-oc/8 gigs ddr 3/SSD was low. Maybe upper mid end but it plays AC: Unity fully maxed out @ 1080p smoothly so I'm not complaining. The only higher end would be a 980 or more with more ram...or the upcoming Titan X but a 970 and i7 makes a great gaming PC.

I have a newer screenshot of my entire setup though

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

15. Nhirlathothep

Nhirlathothep Guest

GPU:
    Many GPUs
    good specs, last time i checked g20 had different specs.

but with this lovely pc u had to use asus rog monitor! they re build to stay together!

i really like g20, probably the best looking gaming pc around, and with this monitor u have the perfect gaming setup at all

:D

[​IMG]

16. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yes.... but to reiterate.... wanted something MUCH smaller than my Cosmos 2... but still with great cooling potential and whisper quiet. To add to that... something i'd be able to fit my big a** hands into as well in order to actually be able to install the components. Right now, since my computer is at an idle, the only thing i can hear from it is the pump from the Corsair H90, and MAYBE the 140mm fan attached to it. Thing is so quiet that, with it within arms reach of me, i just barely hear it over the mini-fridge that's running on the other side of the room around a corner.

As for his G20's specs.... uuhm... i'm pretty sure the G20 is not only able to be customized a bit here and there as to what's in it... but even if i'm wrong there, i'm almost certain that Asus isn't factory installing eVGA cards into their gaming rigs when... you know... they have their own GPU's.

17. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    It's customizable. You can even order it customized from places like xotic pc. You can have SSD's, whatever video card, more ram...etc. Well just like anything else I suppose.

It's nice to have a gaming PC that doesn't look like a huge kitchen appliance sitting next to consoles for a change. I normally build my own but aftermarket ITX cases that are able to house a full size graphics card these days.....meh. And that's the other issue, even the smallest ones capable of housing a 980gtx are still larger than the G20, Alienware's X51 or NWF's Tiki.

The tiki case is made by Silverstone btw but they don't sell it. Closest you can get is the Raven (eww) or the Milo which isn't too shabby looking.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  18. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    God.... my Cosmos 2 was the DEFINITION of "huge kitchen appliance"-looking computers. I actually had mine on those round furniture sliders so that it was easier to move. And to be honest, i believe that by the time i built my ITX build and sold that computer to my friend, i think it actually CRACKED the plastic bottom of the furniture sliders.

19. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    I Just Expanded my Swiftech H240-X and added Black Ice SR-1 120 Rad..My Max Temp decreased by 10 degrees..

So After Trying this..I might save up some money and do a full Custom Liquid..:D

[​IMG]

20. mnemo05

mnemo05 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 980Ti AMP! OC
    My share

[​IMG]